The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nervy game next week against West Brom. It'll be like a Vietnam war movie. INCOMINGGGGG!!
Every game is huge now.

United still have to play Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City. We should stay in front of them. It's Arsenal im worried about.

I hope United beat Arsenal but lose to Spurs, Chelsea and City.

Every game is huge now.

United still have to play Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and City. We should stay in front of them. It's Arsenal im worried about.

I hope United beat Arsenal but lose to Spurs, Chelsea and City.

I hope United beat Arsenal, lose to Spurs and Chelsea, and draw with City...

I hope Arsenal lose to United, Spurs and Everton...

I hope City draw with United and stay below us

We should've bought depth in both windows, as simple as that

Stranger things have happened though, we've won games with Jonjo Shelvey upfront

wasnt justification to abstain from purchases due to the fact that no one was worth getting according to klopp?

Never any doubt
Philbo was gonna come good, media doubt always does that.
migs excellent. has come good....for now

not a fan of coming from behind, but do it well. prefer not of course
Priceys mum suggests otherwise

Good win but

Woodburn was an absolute stonewall penalty.

I reckon if that was an older player it would have been given, in the refs defense I think fat head Charlie Adam blocked his view a bit.

Happy to join in the circle jerk over Migs, he's a keeper :$

I was the only person on this planet to ever back him. I have never said one bad word about him and would never have called him a campaigner at any time, ever. Seriously though, his shot stopping has always been his strength but I reckon since he got dropped and came back in that he has gone to another level. More importantly it's very clear that he has spent a lot of time working on his aerial game. He won us that game, no question about it. Now just imagine for a second he had a competent back four in front of him, am happy with the keeping situation as it stands. Hope Karius sticks around because if we manage to make top four we will need two solid keepers next year.

I've said this before, but giving 5 votes is too much for football.
AFL has 22 players. 5 votes. Players divided by vote slots P/V = 4.4.
Soccer 11-14 players. 5 votes means P/V = 2.2-2.8. 3 votes means P/V=3.7-4.7 (with the latter number more likely).
Woodburn was an absolute stonewall penalty.
Nup. No pen. The tackle stopped about 20cm behind him and so he backed into it to try and make it look like a foul. Correct decision. A bit divey.

Basically it was the same situation as the Lucas Neill penalty given away vs Italy in Germany, except Grosso knocked the ball past Neill so could claim he was impeded from trying to get it. Woodburn left the ball behind and moved backwards. No attempt to get the ball.

Good lord.
Ahhh, we only lost that game 1-0 at the Bernebeu against a full-strength Real team. The team that lost at Anfield to 3 first half goals?
22 Mignolet
2 Johnson
37 Skrtel
6 Lovren
18 Moreno
14 Henderson (Can 67')
8 Gerrard
24 Allen
31 Sterling
45 Balotelli (Lallana 45')
10 Coutinho (Markovic 67'

Rodgers' Celtic haven't lost all season and are 26 pts ahead of 2nd with a GD of +65. They won the league the quickest since Rangers in 1928/29. They were on a 22 match unbeaten run before drawing with Rangers at home (only Martin O'Neil did better with 25). They won the League Cup and have a Semi at home v Rangers in their other Cup. Problem is Europe is still a major problem. Drew with City twice, but had 0 wins and 3 draws from the 6 matches.

Last edited:
Our two challengers for top 4 (am sure City will make it) have the following run home

ARSENAL
v Crystal Palace (a)
v Middlesborough (a)
v Sunderland (h)
v Leicester (h)
v Tottenham (a)
v Man Utd (h)
v Stoke (a)
v Everton (h)

MAN UTD
v Sunderland (a)
v Chelsea (h)
v Burnley (a)
v Man City (a)
v Swansea (h)
v Arsenal (a)
v Tottenham (a)
v Crystal Palace (h)

We play teams currently sitting in 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 16th, 19th.

Have I missed a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play teams currently sitting in 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 16th, 19th.

Have I missed a game?

Yes, both Arse and Man U have to go to Southampton too, as far as I can work out. All teams in the race for top 4 play So'ton, who are 9th. I have added notes after the team names, below, pointing out that if we win our remaining games, what they have to do to beat us.

The Legend is that the bolded teams are top 11 (seeing as Leicester is 11th and scoring again, they will probably overtake Watford in 10th). Red bolded top 4. Grey is for other games cluttering their schedules. The Manchester Clubs play each other. Arsenal or City will be in the FA Cup Final too, a week after the end of the season.

LIVERPOOL (hoping we win all remaining games, one week break between all games, 5 days the shortest break after Watford)
v West Brom (a)
v Crystal Palace (h)
v Watford (a)
v Southampton (h)

v West Ham (a)
v Middlesborough (h)

ARSENAL
(if win three games in hand by one goal, they will be 1 goal behind us on GD, currently 7 goals behind on GF, so need 2 2 goal wins too)
v Crystal Palace (a)
v Middlesborough (a)
+ FA CUP v Man City
v Sunderland (h - to be rescheduled)
v Leicester (h)
v Tottenham (a)
v Man Utd (h)

v Stoke (a)
v Everton (h)
v Southampton (a - to be rescheduled)

+ FA CUP v Manchester City

MAN UTD (goal difference is 9 below us, so need to win 3 games in hand by 10 goals to overtake - unlikely. Tough run too.)
v Sunderland (a)
+ UEFA League Semi
v Chelsea (h)
+ UEFA League Semi

v Burnley (a)
v Man City (a)
v Swansea (h)
v Arsenal (a)
v Tottenham (a)

v Crystal Palace (h)
v Southampton (a - to be rescheduled)

MAN CITY (if they draw once they are behind us by a point. Leicester is a bit of a bogey team for them. A derby draw/loss would be great obv.)
v Southampton (h)
+ FA CUP v Arsenal
v Manchester United (h)
v Middlesborough (a)
v Crystal Palace (h)
v Leicester City (h)
v Watford (a)

v Stoke (h - to be scheduled)
It's not silly to think we should finish 3rd.

I'd prefer we finish 3rd just to do away with those pesky qualifiers, we'd probably need to win 5 of the remaining to do it though, City will win most of their remaining games if not all

If Palace do Arsenal today then we'd need to choke pretty hard to lose 4th

Also I adore Rafa

Saw some clips of Man U fans losing their sh*t again. Between them and Arsenal they provide some laughs.
Am sure our fans do the same but I haven't seen many that are even close to those two teams.

Is it true that 4th gets us straight into the CL? It is it just being discussed?

Does it? I have no idea about that, unless the coefficient has put the English league ahead of certain leagues like the Bundesliga

As far as I can tell if we're 4th then we do qualifiers, unless something happened that I don't know about

One thing that could work to our advantage is the fixture pile up that Arsenal/ManUre have to deal with. Even with a large squad it's hard to keep grinding out wins when having to play twice a week every week.

Is it true that 4th gets us straight into the CL? Or it is it just being discussed.

Top 3 teams in PL goes straight to Champions League group stage.
4th has a two leg play-off with another European team - provided that Man Utd doesn't win the Europa and Leicester City doesn't win the Champions League.

in 2018/19, top 4 teams in England goes straight to group stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back