Game Day Ports vs Crers

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol 1990 with 2 stripes #shitclubnohistory
55e8b2a73b8de18429a2bff9c70c7c80.jpg

This is their gameplan.

Literally Jacobs puts the ball in the area their mids expect it, then they just bang it on the boot, they have very little system out of the middle. Their forwards then play in front while the ball lands in their laps and people say oh it was lucky, but it keeps happening because they play in front and read the play. They have an ability to hit up forwards on the lead with precision, but when their press is setup they also are not afraid to just keep pumping the ball to the hotspot.

It's actually quite amazing how such a simple old school approach is so successful, but when you have a forward line like theirs I think it makes sense.

The other thing they do is set up outside contests, with what I call 'outside sluts', Tom Lynch is the master of this. You will see they set up these sluts at a lot of around the ground stoppages. They see a ball in dispute and the guys on the inside either bang it on the boot, or they do whatever they can to get that ball over the top of the opposition who get sucked into the contest, and they spread it out to these sluts. We shut a lot of this down last night, but they still got it going a lot at times, and Tom Lynch in particular drove me insane with how many easy slutting touches he got.
West Coast last year I noticed was very similar

Priddis et al just knew where to kick it
Forwards knew where to be

Th
How is that fat prick allowed to get away with his biased s**t. He needs to decide whether he wants to be an unbiased media commentator or a scum board member. The guy is a spud in the media with his whiny voice and constant giggling. He offers nothing of consequence except as a crers cheerleader.
The club should do something about this, they could make it difficult for him to continue in this role with some well thought out words about his lack of impartiality - but they wont

Remove this Banner Ad

Back