Review Geelong defeats Hawthorn by 86 points at MCG - the Owen 4 game

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit commentary. How sad, how unfortunate, but it had to happen etc. What bullshit. Still a Hawks wankfest.

Yep this.
What pissed me off during the entire "well you expect it to happen to all great teams" wankfest was the complete ignorance of Geelong being in the exact same position and yet never being as bad as #Owenfourthorn are this year.
When we drop we JUST miss finals, when they drop they become a joke and the worst side in the comp.

How bloody good was it to see some lesser lights shine
Smith, Guth, Mots, Henderson all great

Inaccuracy early hurt us, but to finish like that was fantastic

What was good about the win today was Motlop, Duncan, Menegola Guthrie, Parsons, Parfitt all playing well and supporting Dangerwood beautifully and if they can keep this going a flag is winnable this year. Great win, beating Hawthorn by 86 points and seeing the flogs fail is the best sight in football today.

Last edited:
A real contender would have beaten us by 100+ bad luck, but it was a good try!
giphy.gif

1. Geelong
18. Hawthorn

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Read more: Metallica - Nothing Else Matters Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited:
The main down for the day... the reports . Real shame as both The Project and Menegola starting show something and would have held their spots.

The Motlop conundrum ... I think he looked good early , he seemed on for the contact..and when the game opened up

The backline was more settled and most of them did something... but Id say today , for the most part , was under the least pressure of the 4 games.

The Hawkzel show again showed it teeth ...if they stay fit and in form we look a much better side.

Smith was a solid contributor , just kept ploughing.

one could go on ... I take this win with a bit of edge off it... While I loved the get them down and kick them in the head... a lot of the margin was Haw poorness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back