Prediction Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Monfries is in Friday night given the club's injury report says he is ready. If Ken was prepared White against a top side he will ease in Gus with a game against a bottom side.

Last edited:
I'd be really happy to see Gus back TBH.

Monfries is on Friday night given the club's injury report says he is ready. If Ken was prepared White against a top side he will ease in Gus with a game against a bottom side.

While I think Gus will add a whole lot to the side, I'd give him a week in the SANFL and bring him in against Brisbane. Unlike White, Monfries hasn't played any match simulation at all.

While I think Gus will add a whole lot to the side, I'd give him a week in the SANFL and bring him in against Brisbane. Unlike White, Monfries hasn't played any match simulation at all.
Not much difference. One played half a JLT game and most of a sanfl trial the other half a trial and then most of the next trial for the Maggies.

I agree about White. One game in then dropping him achieves nothing.
Amon was better this week, Young, Clurey, S. Gray and Impey were all average. Young and Clurey the worst offenders.
With Ryder coming in, Jacko needs to go back to add some height. Our tallest KPD is Clurey at 193cm, after that its TJ at 189cm FFS.
If Clurey manages to retain his position he needs to pull his finger out big time. I'm hoping Austin has a strong game in the snafl.
Sounds like Krak comes in from what Nicks was saying.

Pretty sure Eddy is not missing from the team because of ability, he is missing due to fitness.
There's no point trying to find logic in it. He might not be the fittest player but he can't be any less AFL ready than some of the young talls playing for other clubs.

Lack of fitness doesn't explain why he was upgraded from the rookie list, dropped after 1 game, kept as an emergency and then brought back in because a runner/hbf got injured.

His treatment is not much different to what we've done with other talls. Howard dropped in and out of the team randomly last year. Played a game in round 2, dropped, next game in round 6, dropped, back in round 10 for an extended run.

Out: White, Sgray, Amon

In: Ryder, 3:16, Atley

Id happily see wingard dropped as he has been lazy and disinterested but thats not going to happen, the outrage would be fiece!

Wingard has been atrocious. No forward pressure, no urgency and no desire. Either he's carrying something or he needs a massive rocket.

Same goes for Young.

Out: Clurey
In: Neade

Who was talking about speed? I said they were more agile and quick as in faster thought processing and reaction times. Why would I mention centre of gravity if I was talking about straight line speed when Usain Bolt is pretty tall? The taller you are, generally (but not always) the slower you are to change direction due to momentum and inertia. Dermott Brereton made the point about Patton in the weekend that he is so good in general play because he takes smaller steps than someone like a Taylor Walker (who has the turning circle of the Titanic).

So smaller guys have quicker minds and reaction times? o_O

I'm challenging this stupid assumption that smaller guys = greater pressure. It's absolute total bullshit and supporters need to move away from it as an assumption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ggggggggggggggg888888888888888 !
On the PTV website this has just come up
For those who may need some ID of players
Frampton #14
Marshall #13
Snelling # 34
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2017-04-18/magpies-v-norwood-highlights-round-2-2017-ptv

We just paid someone to put together a highlights package that plays like my computer-illiterate father's first attempt at using Windows Movie Maker.

Awful, ill-fitting backing music with no game sound or commentary. Christ.

So smaller guys have quicker minds and reaction times? o_O

I'm challenging this stupid assumption that smaller guys = greater pressure. It's absolute total bullshit and supporters need to move away from it as an assumption.

It's such a ludicrous train of thought.

Every other club plays multiple tall forwards. Some win a lot. Some don't. But the template is more or less the same. Hell, the reigning premiers went straight out and bought Travis Cloke despite their style aligning the most with what Hinkley seems like he's trying to do. This after they traded their disgruntled captain for a recent #1 pick in Tom Boyd, who blew apart a Grand Final deployed as a ruck-forward.

You need to play talls. You need talls to win.

But here we are, choosing not to select them while we pump 50+ games into sub-mediocre irrelevants like Neade and Sam Gray because 'pressure'.

Because who needs wins when you're chasing an imaginary legacy as an avant garde strategist.

I couldn't imagine Monfries name is anywhere near the selection board.

He had a poor 2015 and he was very lucky to have been given a contract extension.

For me, he would have to bash the door down to get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back