Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as hes fit, i want horse to play him straight in the ones... i dont care if he only plays 10 mins, i dont care if we lose...give him his afl return.Cant imagine the battle he has gone through..I hate talking about it, but if the worst happens in the neafl, we will never see him again.

Give him the reward for his hard work, patience and determination. Give us fans a chance to see him again and let him know how much we miss him and appreciate him. Lets guarantee him that chance of playing for the mighty swans again in front of a packed SCG!!

As soon as hes fit, i want horse to play him straight in the ones... i dont care if he only plays 10 mins, i dont care if we lose...give him his afl return.Cant imagine the battle he has gone through..I hate talking about it, but if the worst happens in the neafl, we will never see him again.

Give him the reward for his hard work, patience and determination. Give us fans a chance to see him again and let him know how much we miss him and appreciate him. Lets guarantee him that chance of playing for the mighty swans again in front of a packed SCG!!
This is the crap im talking about.

im sure he wants a game, if he doesnt want to take that option thats his choice, but id fully support and the club if they chose to offer it to him
What don't you understand, he's desperate to play, but no one would play a bloke for 10 minutes. That's what you don't get.

im sure he wants a game, if he doesnt want to take that option thats his choice, but id fully support and the club if they chose to offer it to him

I hate to say this, but I actually agree with bedford on this one. He's been out of the game for so long, to bring him back prematurely before he is able to play a full game would be a terrible idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he may not be trying, but its our worst start to a season in a quarter of a century, thiw year is a year we can actually "afford " to do it. Wont be any different to some of the games we havr gotten out of some players in the past
My god , the season hasn't gone yet, it's a selfish attitude #norush!!!!!!!!

My god , the season hasn't gone yet, it's a selfish attitude #norush!!!!!!!!
i get what your saying, its not a smart football decision, but it is a good "heart" decision. This bloke has showed incredible resilliance and the club has shown unbelievable support. To me it sends a message that that we are a great club and are willing to put our players interests first( in a good way of coarse) and above our win -loss record. Now you may be right, and alex may well say "no i want to earn my spot through form" and thats great.

Id rather give the kid every chance of making it back to top level footy consistently. If we were to put him in the seniors, the extra intensity could see the end of him extremely quickly.

I would prefer he spent time at training and NEAFL level until the medicos are confident his body can step up and he can consistently perform.
Alex himself would not want any gifts, and I am sure he is not looking to just come back for a part of a senior game, he wants to (finally) resume his AFL career.

When he is ready, and his body can play at this level, he should be selected. This is the best thing for the club as well as any chance Alex has in returning to senior level successfully over the longer term.

So far he has seemed a pretty selfless contributor on the sidelines so I couldn’t see Alex putting himself before the team. His ultimate goal is senior footy but it’s been baby steps whilst things are working. He would be listening to the medicos and taking their advice and no doubt he would be well aware that he has to do a lot to earn a spot in the seniors, the game has evolved and he needs to be tested by that when he is ready for NEAFL footy. The worst thing for me would to see him come back only to have his supporters turn on him because he is not up to scratch.

It is #norush but with every little bit of positive progress you can’t deny a bit of #getexcited. Best to just let it play out and get behind him if he returns. Real positive so far on a season seemingly riddled with negatives following multiple losses.

So far he has seemed a pretty selfless contributor on the sidelines so I couldn’t see Alex putting himself before the team. His ultimate goal is senior footy but it’s been baby steps whilst things are working. He would be listening to the medicos and taking their advice and no doubt he would be well aware that he has to do a lot to earn a spot in the seniors, the game has evolved and he needs to be tested by that when he is ready for NEAFL footy. The worst thing for me would to see him come back only to have his supporters turn on him because he is not up to scratch.

It is #norush but with every little bit of positive progress you can’t deny a bit of #getexcited. Best to just let it play out and get behind him if he returns. Real positive so far on a season seemingly riddled with negatives following multiple losses.
Very well said BB

RE bolded: Go and cheer him on in his first NEAFL game, i know i will be.

You're not doing anyone any favours by making Alex play his first game in 5 years in the senior side.

He's a footballer (and a gun one), not a ******* charity case.

Agree with the majority here. Btw it would be beneficial to his long term future to build up in the neafl where he can be managed throughout a series of matches to gain confidence in his body while building his match fitness and tog. Rather than being thrown into the furnace of senior footy without any preparation, that's a recipe for disaster.

If you want to experience the joy of watching him play. Make sure you go out to watch him play his first neafl match. It'll be plastered all over the site so you won't have to dig deep to find out when he's back.

This is the crap im talking about.
Just relax mate. People are excited to see him back out there.

Nobody on this board, including your good self, is going to be involved in the decision and the club will no doubt do what's best for AJ.

Nothing wrong with a little excitement and anticipation in the meantime so stop painting people as "selfish" because they'd like to see a premiership star back out there in our best 22 as soon as possible.

Just relax mate. People are excited to see him back out there.

Nobody on this board, including your good self, is going to be involved in the decision and the club will no doubt do what's best for AJ.

Nothing wrong with a little excitement and anticipation in the meantime so stop painting people as "selfish" because they'd like to see a premiership star back out there in our best 22 as soon as possible.
Listen your good self, im as excited as anybody, But there is no need to go over the top, as some did yesterday. #norush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back