Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a Praccy on the weekend down at Aquinas against Seville. Aquinas got the W by around 50 in the end but The Seville boys certainly cracked in hard! Had a few very good key position players floating around as well! Aquinas 2's got the W by 20 odd goals....I think Seville may have had a few short! Best of luck to them this year......except for one of their supporters who thought he would try and box on in front of his kids with a few of the Aquinas fans! Jog on sunshine!

Absolute stab in the dark...

Div 1
Olinda
Healesville
Woori Yallock
Emerald
Wandin

Upwey
Mt Evelyn
Gembrook
Monbulk
Warburton

Premiers
Olinda
Runners up
Woori

Rd 1
Emerald v Monbulk
Healesville vs Gembrook
Warburton v Olinda
Woori Yallock v Upwey
Wandin v Mt Evelyn

Div 2
Alexandra
Kinglake
Yarra Glen
Belgrave
Yarra Junction

Seville
Thornton-Eildon
Powelltown
Yea

Premiers
Alexandra
Runners Up
Kinglake

Rd 1
Alexandra v Belgrave

Powelltown v Yarra Junction
Yarra Glen v Thornton Eildon
Yea v Kinglake

YG with comfortable wins today although they'll be without their 1s full forward who was taken by ambulance after suffering a lower limb compound fracture.
Game was delayed a good 35-40 minutes with half time break reduced to 5 minutes (occurred mid way through second term)

GEMBROOK V EMERALD EMERALD BY 46 points There new recruits look good for the Bombers
MONBULK V WANDIN WANDIN BY 17 points some nice inclusions by Monbulk but Wandin will be to strong
MT EVELYN V WOORI YALLOCK WOORI BY 30 points this will be a slog, Woori will be hurt by the loss of Williams
HEALESVILLE V WARBY HEALESVILLE BY 65 points I'm being kind to Warby
UPWEY V OLINDA OLINDA BY 35 points, not sure what to make of UPWEY, if they get pumped like last week could be a long year

Could be a blow out round...and its only round 2!

Almost agree biteme, think Monbulk might get over Wandin in a tight one and think Mt Eve at home will be the upset of the round.

I hope that bloke who mouthed off at Jordan's Williams when he clearly had a broken leg has had a good hard look in the mirror.

I hope that bloke who mouthed off at Jordan's Williams when he clearly had a broken leg has had a good hard look in the mirror.

looked pretty ordinary on the tape, but in the heat of the battle probably didn't realise what a bad injury it was

Warby V Upwey wonder how the ground has held up...upwey by 50
Olinda V Healesville the Healesville bloods by 35
Woori V Monbulk Woori by 48
Wandin V Gembrook dogs by 27
Emerald v Mt Evelyn Emerald by 16
Other than heals v olinda Pretty boring games i reckon...i think by round six the final 5 will already be set but just not in order

Last edited:
Warby V Upwey wonder how the ground has held up
Olinda V Healesville the bloods by 35
Woori V Monbulk Woori by 48
Wandin V Gembrook dogs by 27
Emerald v Mt Evelyn Emerald by 16
Other than heals v olinda Pretty boring games i reckon...i think by round six the final 5 will already be set but just not in order

Which bloods?

Eastern Football League (EFL) Wandin Football Netball Club Stephen, Dean Pending 2017-05-01

interesting!

GEMBROOK V MT EVELYN mt evelyn by 10 goals, they'll be way to physical for Gembrook's young side.
WARBY V WANDIN doggies by 12 goals, Dean Stephen coming in will boost the midfield for the dogs, Warby on a road to nowhere unfortunately.
HEALESVILLE V EMERALD a very disappointing Healesville effort last week, should bounce back by 8 goals
MONBULK V UPWEY TECOMA Monbulk will be desperate to win this at home, but I think Upwey might be to good. Upwey by 20 points
OLINDA V WOORI Olinda looked good last week, they'll win again at home, but only just 10 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GEMBROOK V MT EVELYN mt evelyn by 10 goals, they'll be way to physical for Gembrook's young side.
WARBY V WANDIN doggies by 12 goals, Dean Stephen coming in will boost the midfield for the dogs, Warby on a road to nowhere unfortunately.
HEALESVILLE V EMERALD a very disappointing Healesville effort last week, should bounce back by 8 goals
MONBULK V UPWEY TECOMA Monbulk will be desperate to win this at home, but I think Upwey might be to good. Upwey by 20 points
OLINDA V WOORI Olinda looked good last week, they'll win again at home, but only just 10 points

I was only out by 10 goals, WTF happened to Olinda, on that performance Woori would have to be flag favourites ATM. anyone care to tell us how they smashed Olinda on there home deck?

Bit of a shame but I think the boys may get a touch up tomorrow, I hope I'm wrong but I think gippy bye 4 goals.

Ranges
Goal Kickers:S. Dwyer 3, H. Smith 2, M. Polkinghorne 2, B. Monkhorst 2, N. O''Keefe 2, J. Savage, A. Davies, K. Busoli, M. Hottes, C. Warren
Best Players:J. Savage, R. Ross, B. Harvey, N. Mende, M. Anson, S. Dwyer
Gippsland League
#PlayerGBST
Christopher Dunne
Mitchell Bennett
Daniel Bedggood
Nathaniel Paredes
Zak Vernon
Tom Marriott
Ben Amberg
Russell Cowan
Bradley Scalzo
Ryan Hearn
Michael Jacobsen
Matthew Northe
Ryan Tatterson
Jack Lipman
Haydn Hector
Adrian Slottje
Tyson Biffin
Aaron Hillberg
Cade Maskell
Robert (bob) Mccallum
Mark Collison
Damian Cupido
Jackson Hall
Corey Timms
Tim Northe
AFL Yarra Ranges
#PlayerGBST
Scott Dwyer
Benjamin Monkhorst
Hayden Smith
Nathan O'Keefe
Matthew Polkinghorne
Jason Savage
Kody Busoli
Charles Warren
Marcus Hottes
Ashraf Davies
Michael Anson
Nicholas Mende
Bradley Harvey
Robert Ross
Kelsey Currie
Shaun Donkin
Adam Johnson
Jack Nolan
Jake Matthews
Casey Adams
Joel Adams
Michael Batten
Troy Armstrong
Justin Myers
James Charge

© SportsTG. Content responsibility of website administrator.
View Full Site

Advertisement

Wonder how the 2 ex-YVMDFL players went for Gippy

Cowan had a few kicks but did nothing

Who was the other ?

Not sure if Cupido was the other if so he had more pies than he had kicks

Awesome display of team footy from the yarra boys

Cheers

Last edited:
Wonder how the 2 ex-YVMDFL players went for Gippy

Watching the game streaming live cupido looked huge on the screen had 3 possessions. What a waste of time. They were outplayed and outcoached. Its amazing when all the best players buy in to rep footy the results are there for all to see.

Watching the game streaming live cupido looked huge on the screen had 3 possessions. What a waste of time. They were outplayed and outcoached. Its amazing when all the best players buy in to rep footy the results are there for all to see.

How many pounds do they say the camera ads? He had a few shots on goal but the supply for him wasn't very fluid. Rusty had a few touches but like biteme said it was a total domination by Yarra Valley Gippy had no winners

A
Glad you had no idea mate, great outcome for the Yarra Valley in a hurdle that we couldn't overcome for so long. Congrats to all the boys involved in what was a great showcase of football.
As I said I hope I'm wrong and I'm happy I was. But I'm glad I put my opinion forward before the game started rather than wait to after the final siren then take pot shots at blokes who had an opinion

Didn't see any pot shots just stated that Iam glad u had no idea. Next time I will say something more softer such as "glad you were way off". Either way outcome remain the same

You would probably have to go back as far as 2001 to find a more emphatic and more important result for our comp.

The 2001 win over Geelong & District FNL granted our competition "Major League" status for the 1st time, which ultimately was responsible for the incorporation of netball into our league & clubs. I still say that netball is the single most important happening in our competition in the modern era.

The weekends win against a traditionally strong competition now sees us inline for a shot at a Top 10 position for the 1st time, which I believe will be against the Bendigo FNL which I just find amazing.

Massive credit to everyone involved in recent years, who've really made Interleague an important part of the calendar again. Especially to Danny & Ginko who've done an incredible job. Their experience of years working under the big fella, as well as what they bring to the table of their own accord is invaluable.

If our very best continue to buy into the whole concept, then who knows where this will end up, but for now let's just applaud the weekends brilliant result !

GEMBROOK V OLINDA Olinda by lots.....
MONBULK V WARBURTON Monbulk to get there 1st win of the year
Mt EVELYN V HEALESVILLE Healesville by 8 goals
UPWEY V EMERALD Whoever wins here will go along way to helping them make finals UPWEY at home just
WANDIN V WOORI huge game at Wandin for top spot, I reckon Wandin maybe too strong at the kennel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back