Entertainment & Music Song contest part 5, host: Sozabarus theme: sleep, noms due Thurs 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Lost Boy - Ruth B - CakeEater
4 Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper - The Filth Wizard
3 Givin' Up - The Darkness - Bet on Blue
2 Stolen Dance - Milky Chance - Loonerty
1 The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets - QOTSA - Marklar_33
Billy: Lost - Badloves - Chaisa

Should have Billied REM for being a lazy utterly predictable radio nom.
Shouldn't be surprised that it went and won either.
#votingonfamiliarityissad

5) Losing My Religion
4) Discovering Japan
3) Doing The Right Thing
2) Who Sold Her Out
1) The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret

BM: Givin' Up

Again pretty tough. Billy had a couple of other contenders but this one annoyed me the most. And 4-1 could've competed with 5 other songs.

TBH I was tempted to not give my 5 to REM because of how much of a whore it was but given that it hadn't won/podiumed before, meh. :p (plus it was comfortably the best song there)

I almost gave votes to rem because I really do like that song but in the end I was able to find some other songs that were decent enough to warrant votes over it.

5 - giving up
4 - the list art of keeping a secret
3 - don't wanna lose
2 - lost in the supermarket.
1 - the song that was supposed To apparently win the billy - lol Roo2macca. Stfu you idiot. That was a good song.

Not surprised Losing My Religion won, it may be a bote whore and got flogged to death on radio but still a great song all the same.

Thought that Badloves song deserved better, got my 5 botes.

5. Lost
4. Losing My Religion
3. The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
2. Stolen Dance
1. Lost And Running

Billy - Givin' Up (The Darkness are almost autobilly material for me, horrendous band)

Good nom, Plugger. Got my 5. Love that song.

Good nom, roo2macca (you flog). Billy Madison, my arse. Great track. 4 votes from me.

Cheers

I'm a big fan of Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, surprisingly I'm the only one to nom them so far, I took their virginity a few rounds ago with Rattlesnakes.

Harsh harsh billy. Was not even in my top ten for billies in fact could have gotten botes.

That playlist annoyed me. It wasn't bad; it wasn't great; it wasn't easy; it wasn't super hard but it was very samey. An enjoyable playlist if I didn't have to vote for the songs.

Anyway Royboy you shameless whore give us a new theme.

Harsh harsh billy. Was not even in my top ten for billies in fact could have gotten botes.

That playlist annoyed me. It wasn't bad; it wasn't great; it wasn't easy; it wasn't super hard but it was very samey. An enjoyable playlist if I didn't have to vote for the songs.

Anyway Royboy you shameless whore give us a new theme.

Yeah it was a harsh billy, the only reason I didn't give it botes was that I didn't think it fit the theme very well, was far from the worst song there.

Back One Out I agree. With a playlist it was hard to remember what songs were which so reading the results half the time it was like "which one was that?"

Btw marklar that's not a criticism of your decision to release with titles - just an observation; as a fellow father I appreciate the difficulty of doing things on your phone whilst contending with children.

Btw great song but I'm struggling to see how "doing the right thing" fit the theme? I missing something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was a harsh billy, the only reason I didn't give it botes was that I didn't think it fit the theme very well, was far from the worst song there.
tbf, I feel like nomming the Whitlams is always a task fraught with danger; they seem to have a lot of people that dislike them.

And that song was very straightforward, most of their other songs have something more going for it composition wise.

Its in the lyrics and overall theme of the song, way to actually listen there. :oops:
More like way to read. I thought it was only the title. :p

Bloody royboy2 bote whores and then isn't around to pick a new theme #worsthostever

tbf, I feel like nomming the Whitlams is always a task fraught with danger; they seem to have a lot of people that dislike them.

And that song was very straightforward, most of their other songs have something more going for it composition wise.

Don't know why they cop so much hate. I've seen The Whitlams live a couple of times, they put on a great show, good band.

More like way to read. I thought it was only the title. :p

I'm never too strict with noms. Going with titles is easy but if a nom can be explained to me why it fits then I'm happy to allow it

I'm never too strict with noms. Going with titles is easy but if a nom can be explained to me why it fits then I'm happy to allow it
Your first theme since I joined (full names) gave me a lot of trouble. That and Allikat's exercise theme.

Your first theme since I joined (full names) gave me a lot of trouble. That and Allikat's exercise theme.
You should've been here for Gigantor's 80s clips with keytars and double-headed guitars. Chappy had to give 5 noms to people who were stuck and it would've been 6 had I been beaten to the punch with Whip It! That was the only song I was familiar with that fitted the theme.

Good nom, Plugger. Got my 5. Love that song.

Good nom, roo2macca (you flog). Billy Madison, my arse. Great track. 4 votes from me.
Nomming an electronic song in a round with no real Billywhores is always a tad risky. Pleasantly surprised that it podiumed but the genre isn't to everyone's taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back