Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrett giving Kochies pre season comments another run on the Sunday footy show, and saying he's not reading much into our wins so far this year. What a flog
Barrett is a moron. His opinion on actual football is irrelevant as he's just a New Idea or whatever those gossips magazines are writer masquerading as a footy journo. I won't watch any Channel 9 footy shows, or listen to Triple M cause he is on them. Complete moron that bloke.

I knew there was a reason why I don't watch those shows anymore.

I just flicked on Offsiders on the ABC and saw Walid Aly on the panel - if they talk about the AFL at all I can imagine Aly sermonising about racism and Caro using the term "disgraceful" several times. Flicked it off again.

Barrett is a moron. His opinion on actual football is irrelevant as he's just a New Idea or whatever those gossips magazines are writer masquerading as a footy journo. I won't watch any Channel 9 footy shows, or listen to Triple M cause he is on them. Complete moron that bloke.

He's worse than a moron - morons by definition can't help themselves, ie they are mentally deficient. Barrett is a campaigner.

I just flicked on Offsiders on the ABC and saw Walid Aly on the panel - if they talk about the AFL at all I can imagine Aly sermonising about racism and Caro using the term "disgraceful" several times. Flicked it off again.
My attitude to television is the same as my attitude to alcohol - never touch it before noon.

I was watching a morning footy show today and they were showing a goal for goal with Carlton clip. If anyone didn't know the score they may have assumed it was a tight close contest.

The prevailing view is all about how young and inexperienced Carlton were and how Port haven't really shown anything in their wins yet. No one aside from Matthew Lloyd rates us.

Last edited:
Kane is giving me the shits with his no depth coming through in the maggies herp derp
We had no depth in our talls a few weeks ago but now Dougal and Logan have had a chance to work together this week and they'll start working back into some consistent form in the next few weeks.
Tall backs: Austin (13 disposals, 9 marks), Howard (19 disposals, 4 marks), Lienert (15 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal)
Tall forwards: Eddy (13 disposals, 7 marks, 3 goals 4), Marshall (14 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals)

A few more weeks like that from them and we'll have some depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett giving Kochies pre season comments another run on the Sunday footy show, and saying he's not reading much into our wins so far this year. What a flog
Barrett is a major reason why I'm loving the fact that #lolnorf are 0-5.

Ratepayer handout for Port stars’ pub

A PUB part-owned by two former Port Adelaide AFL stars will receive a $10,000 ratepayer-funded handout in a deal that one critic says would “not pass the pub test”.

Unley Council voted 7-5 at this month’s meeting to part-fund a $70,000 outdoor dining area and hanging garden at the Hyde Park Tavern, which is owned by Tony and Vicki Franzon and former Power players Warren Tredrea and Matthew Primus.

It would be part of a wider $300,000 revamp, which includes upgrading the King William Rd pub’s bathrooms, and painting its exterior.

Damn Port and their handouts :drunk:

Barrett is a major reason why I'm loving the fact that #lolnorf are 0-5.
Just heard Carey on radio where he said we could win it at years end, followed by Barrett knocking us down, Barrett is like an umpire, overrated part of the game. The Vic commentators on the radio on the Bulldogs Brisbane game were Raving how good Carlton will be, absolutely nothing more than biased bullshit filling out media, we are nobodies outside of the VFL. Pity a VFL side won't be winning it this year!!

I was watching a morning footy show today and they were showing a goal for goal with Carlton clip. If anyone didn't know the score they may have assumed it was a tight close contest.

The prevailing view is all about how young and inexperienced Carlton were and how Port haven't really shown anything in their wins yet. No one aside from Matthew Lloyd rates us.
Exactly. They are probably worried. If you were at the game you would of noticed we dominated that third quarter as if no opposition was out there. If Carlton did that to us it would be how many flags will they win, and Port are s**t... biased commentary in the media this year is off the chart. I heard Sam Mclure suggested Carlton should of been wearing the navy blue jumper against us basically because they've earnt it because they are an old Vic club and have seniority???? What the? Utter tripe.

Carey rates us too. Him living here probably understands the club and can see beteeen the Vic biased bullshit.

If we get everyone in the media predicting us for a flag, that will be when we crash. Id much prefer the media playing down our chances, so the players dont get ahead of themselves.

For the record, I think a premiership this year is quite unlikely, although not an impossibility.

Barrett is seriously a nobody. Thinks he's important like an umpire.
But there's a difference. Without umpires, we wouldn't have a game. Without Barrett, the media would have a bit more credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back