2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I don't get about those that get all up in arms about the so-called 'PC Brigade' stopping them being an a-hole. They want the right to be someone who doesn't think about other people and has no empathy for others. That's a horrible way to go through life.

Since when? you have no idea about anyones life. Just because they choose to not get offended actually means f all in relation to empathy. Dont be so arrogant. If someone calls someone from a minority group a derogatory term, like being racist, walks up to a disabled person and calls them that name to their face, i will be the first to stand and confront them. Dont ever confuse the two!

#FreeKickGeelong This is ridiculous. Put your house on Geelong to win the flag. It has been decided that they will get the armchair ride all the way this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot is said about the silence of commentators in regards to umpiring. In a Vic vs Vic game you'd love to hear them pipe up.

Lethal Leigh was a sniper onfield, won't even lay a bump in the comm box

What makes it even worse is that Geelong has so many unlikeable players that are allowed to get away with anything.

Someone on here has just posted their child has Down syndrome and he's offended, if you don't think that's enough for you to pull your head in I don't know what to say.
I'll just say this. If you call a person with down's syndrome a "******", then you're being discriminatory. If you call a person with no handicap (such as a fellow footballer) a "******", then you're not being discriminatory.

I have no time for the use of the word personally, but how is Shaw being discriminatory? Should we arc up about the use of the word "w***er" in the same context? Or "f***head"? Or any other derogatory term?

I think we need to collectively grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back