2nds R2: Werribee Tigers v Footscray Bulldogs Saturday 22 5:00pm @WO

SCRAY72

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2002
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reading the AFL wrap up of the reserves around the country. Said English won the ruck battle. For those there, really? If so, wowee, that'll make me moist. Article said Caleb was good, Bailey Williams better and Fergalicious kicked a bag.

Side note, read the whole article. Said that Liam Jones was a standout in defence against Williamstown. Fascinating. Slightly amusing. Even more amusing is he could have been playing on Ayce Cordy. What a sight that would be.
Liam Jones actually played in the ruck as well.

SCRAY72

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2002
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I am reading the VFL website correctly, Footscray are playing Friday night vs North Ballarat at the same time as the AFL.
If that is right, WTF.

If I am reading the VFL website correctly, Footscray are playing Friday night vs North Ballarat at the same time as the AFL.
If that is right, WTF.
It is due to north ballarat oval is busy due to construction and they need a friday night match

Its kinda ballarat home game

iagPyAZ.png

YbUfZqc.png

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
does anyone know specifically what injury it is to Lipinski. Cant find any info anywhere on the net??

Mar 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Webb with another high disposal game. Get him into this side asap.
Webb didn't have much of an impact in the second half. Both he and Daniel seemed to drift out of the game a bit. Ask Pugz who was also at the game for his opinion, but to me Bailey Williams was by far best on ground. Pretty dominant over four quarters including the third when Werribee started coming back a bit.

I would bring him in for Jong or Biggs. He could play either role better than those two imo. He's a good height and could go forward and clunk a few. Much better user of the ball than Jong.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some negative comments on Dale, but I see he had 21 disposals, kicked 2 goals and was named 3rd best. Pretty good effort, let's hope he can back it up.

Some negative comments on Dale, but I see he had 21 disposals, kicked 2 goals and was named 3rd best. Pretty good effort, let's hope he can back it up.
Problem with dale is that he can't really lock down a position that would translate to the afl side

I would bring him in for Jong or Biggs. He could play either role better than those two imo. He's a good height and could go forward and clunk a few. Much better user of the ball than Jong.
Love Williams' ball use, not too long a kick but moves and delivers like a young Bob Murphy. Seems to be groomed more for a wing than a rebounding position though. He can play both which fits in with the versatility mantra.

Been singing the praises of Zaine and Bailey Williams for a while now, Zaine's come good already, Williams will be a 2018 regular, I'm convinced.

We don't want future B-graders (about 50% of most premiership sides) walking to other clubs for more opportunities!

So we have to reward good VFL form to keep everyone optimistic and hungry at both levels :thumbsu:

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We don't want future B-graders (about 50% of most premiership sides) walking to other clubs for more opportunities!

So we have to reward good VFL form to keep everyone optimistic and hungry at both levels :thumbsu:

Yes have to give them a taste - even for player retention - you'd think honey Webb Williams lunch and dale would have the carrot of afl games waved infront of them by other clubs

Kelvin31

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wallis first game this Friday night (VFL) at WO. Great news…

“Mitch has progressed through a comprehensive rehabilitation program and is in line to be available for selection this week at VFL level,” Bell said. “Mitch has excelled through his final stages of rehab and it’s testament to his hard work and dedication.” In further positive news, Tory Dickson will return to full training this week after an abdominal injury.
“We’ve been cautious in Tory’s rehab to ensure he regains some continuity in his training. “We’ll continue to monitor Tory throughout the week to dictate his availability through the VFL this week.”

Webb didn't have much of an impact in the second half. Both he and Daniel seemed to drift out of the game a bit. Ask Pugz who was also at the game for his opinion, but to me Bailey Williams was by far best on ground. Pretty dominant over four quarters including the third when Werribee started coming back a bit.

your thoughts on Collins game this week?

Back