Autopsy Round 5 v Melbourne, Roast, Toast & Changes for Adelaide

Best players v Melbourne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Butler was slightly better than Rioli tonight as he was very busy playing slightly up the ground early and involved with lots of tackling and one percenters work. Rioli was playing more as a HF and always looked dangerous , but with little impact until the last quarter where he sparked it up.
I see Butler only got two votes whereas Rioli has over 40 which suggests that name Rioli counts for a lot. George didn't impact as much tonight , but it's more the combined potency with these three blokes as they continue to individually pop up at various stages and constantly demanding attention. They also complement the blokes like Caddy and Elton who lack speed.
By the way I thought Caddy was terrific tonight and his big body was really making heavy contact on the Melbourne midfield and his forward work was more than competitive.
Elton was a liability again and I had to chuckle when I was told (and also reading other posts )yesterday morning that he was going to give Nakkers a chop out.
I personally would like soldo and Gartwaite to come in for Menadue and Elton as I believe we are two big blokes short ATM.
Our midfield ( minus Dusty and Nakkers) got slaughtered in the first three quarters , so the rest will need to be on their toes next week as the Crows have some seasoned campaigners in theirs and Jacobs won't be a Spencer or Jack Watts when Spencer went down.
Also full credit to Houli as I've been a basher :eek:of bc of his lack of physicality composure and execution over his journey at PRO.
His best game in the Tiger colours for me and he got a vote for the first time . Apart from Brisbane and CFC games I still find it hard to relax in games and I will blame the RFC for cutting my life short by 35 years. :p

Finally finished watching the recording of the game after work (UK time). 5-0 is a fantastic start of the season but the next month will show where we at playing 3 of the top 4 contenders away from home.

Out hunted for the first 3 quarters and with Hogan gifted 2 soft goals our defence was rock solid and kept us within touching distance. Rance, Astbury and Grimes were rocks and rarely beaten in 1 to 1 contests. Good to see our players lift when in mattered which is a sign of a good side.

The Shemons players are downhill skiers like their fans.

Last edited:
Btw my voice is completely rooted, and i reckon im not alone

That was the loudest I have ever heard us. Lost my voice and my ears were ringing like I had been to a concert.
Had 2 melbourne supporters sitting in front of me who were mouthing off for the first 3 quarters. Loved their salty reaction in the last. Priceless.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the #ECI train

14a37c77d795d040bdb1f6aed1765cb9.jpg

The #weneedtolosegamestostoppaperingoverthecracks train

ae076e4c751b868a1e6fe0e834976269.jpg

Sometimes I think Im being one eyed but tonight all the ch7 commentators were barracking for Melbourne. If you aint a Tiges supporter you hate us. Dunno why we've won **** all. Think its our follwing and passion even though we've been s**t they hate.
Luke Darcy said last night he was a Tiger fan before he played for the Dogs. Listen to him on the highlights of the last quarter, one of the goals he sounds very excited that we were storming home. It's always hard to tell because they will get excited about whatever is happening in the game. It's their job. Many commentators refer to how exciting it is when Richmond are up and about at the G. Dermot in particular often talks about how good it is to be at the G when the Tiger Army is roaring, as recently as the West Coast game!

That is one of the best games I have been to in a fair while.

Played like absolute dog s**t for three quarters, but stayed in it and oh my god, what a fourth quarter. We finally fired up with 5 unanswered goals.
The Punt road end Crowd was absolutely insane, had to be there to understand it.

And lastly, f*ck off Melbourne, you will forever be the minnow of the AFL.
So Brave with all those years of Tanking and AFL assists...I wont forget you either roos..

A Melbourne supporter next to me picked it early. When the second Melbourne injury occurred, he said they would run out legs and we would overrun them.
Whether we would have overrun them if those injuries had not happened, who knows? Quite possibly. Melbourne were playing a much higher energy game than us so I thought we'd be fresher than them in the last quarter provided we were close enough.
The most pleasing thing for me was, when Melbourne were clearly playing the better football, our blokes did not buckle. There was no flood of easy goals. It was a great win, not because we were the better side for most of the night, but because we weren't.

Luke Darcy said last night he was a Tiger fan before he played for the Dogs. Listen to him on the highlights of the last quarter, one of the goals he sounds very excited that we were storming home. It's always hard to tell because they will get excited about whatever is happening in the game. It's their job. Many commentators refer to how exciting it is when Richmond are up and about at the G. Dermot in particular often talks about how good it is to be at the G when the Tiger Army is roaring, as recently as the West Coast game!

Can tell you Dermie likes the tigers. I think we amuse him as much as anything with our highs and lows and supporter reactions.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

A Melbourne supporter next to me picked it early. When the second Melbourne injury occurred, he said they would run out legs and we would overrun them.
Whether we would have overrun them if those injuries had not happened, who knows? Quite possibly. Melbourne were playing a much higher energy game than us so I thought we'd be fresher than them in the last quarter provided we were close enough.
The most pleasing thing for me was, when Melbourne were clearly playing the better football, our blokes did not buckle. There was no flood of easy goals. It was a great win, not because we were the better side for most of the night, but because we weren't.

The guy next to me at the game picked it too, but not due to injury. At half time he spoke of Melbourne always having a qtr where the opposition can get on top. At 3 qtr time he wasn't too concerned and expected us to win. I thought we looked like we were gone but when we got the 1st goal of the last qtr, you could almost see everyone in Melbourne jumpers shoulders drop knowing it's about to happen again.

Back