Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 2 (cont in pt. 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

C97oshSUQAIGYbb.jpg

I think these two things are linked. The incredible thing about Trump's victory is how ready Republican voters were to throw out their previously aggressively-defended beliefs. i.e. Free markets. America's greatness. The Constitution. Capitalism. Religious conservatism. Respect for military. They ignored all of those things which were once big deals that demanded around-the-clock focus on Fox News. And they gave them up for Trump.

One of the main reason a lot of republicans voted for the republican party (not just trump) was because of the supreme court nominations, one judge was already set to be replaced, and two judges (over 80 yrs) are likely to die or retired during this republican term. This shows that voters actual value the constitution highly, and what it stands for.

There is a lot of states that where not going to change regardless of who was nominated, and i think their was only 10 swing states. The US also has a recent history of switching parties every 8 years.

Democratic party ran a average campaign and didn't focus on the wheatbelt states, and make use of their electoral college. By focusing on the high population sates, they won the majority of votes but not the election.

I'm sure that a lot of republicans don't like trump, but not enough so the would turn on their own party.

Last edited:
I used to look forward to Pres Loco's tweets, now they are just predictable:
C-Hzve7XkAA_GjH.jpg:large

It's interesting that he singles out the ABC/Washington Post poll, probably because it gives him a higher approval rating (42%) compared to the other two released (40%). I wouldn't call that poll a very good one for Trump either considering that independent support is only 38%. Looking at the questions, it comes as absolutely no surprise that most Republicans polled love Trump and most Democrats polled hate Trump, while Trump has lost a lot of support from independent supporters.

How would you match his actions in office in comparison to his campaign rhetoric which was so loudly applauded by you? Because it seems to me that on most issues he's back flipped, or already put them in the too hard basket, and is behaving like the previous administrations that you guys so despised.

Pretty much....It makes no difference who is seated in the White House any longer.

Without wanting to spoil it for you, but, big cuts for the rich, token rounding error for poor.

Actually, he has said he wants to cut middle-income tax rates and simplify personal income taxes as well. His original plan involved funding personal income tax cuts for the middle class by removing tax loopholes and encouraging companies to repatriate cash back to the US. I'm interested to see how much of this we actually get:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, he has said he wants to cut middle-income tax rates and simplify personal income taxes as well. His original plan involved funding personal income tax cuts for the middle class by removing tax loopholes and encouraging companies to repatriate cash back to the US. I'm interested to see how much of this we actually get:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf
He also said he'd increase coverage and reduce costs in health care, and the opposite happened.

He doesn't write any of the legislation. The nut bags in congress do and they don't want anything but tax cuts for the wealthy

He also said he'd increase coverage and reduce costs in health care, and the opposite happened.

He doesn't write any of the legislation. The nut bags in congress do and they don't want anything but tax cuts for the wealthy
Well according to Treasury Secretary Goldman Sachs, tax reform measures were supposed to take place by August but that plan has been all-but scrapped. You're more likely going to see Trump rant on Twitter about Democrats than anything actually happening.

That's why I said I was interested to see how much of his tax plan he manages to get through. True, his first Obamacare repeal attempt failed, but he hasn't abandoned that promise...yet. If he is the dealmaker that he claims to be, I would expect him to deliver on at least some of what he promised.

That's why I said I was interested to see how much of his tax plan he manages to get through. True, his first Obamacare repeal attempt failed, but he hasn't abandoned that promise...yet. If he is the dealmaker that he claims to be, I would expect him to deliver on at least some of what he promised.
I'm getting sick of people using the word dealmaker as if it is a good thing. It's just another word for corrupt crook.

I understand what you're saying, and I happily read anti-Trump articles quite frequently. But it really got to the point 3 or so months ago that I actively avoided anything he wrote because he seemed to just whine and complain about Trump for the sake of it. Surely there comes a point where there has to be something that's not negative he could say but it really seemed to become a vendetta and he seemed to have been a victim of Trump Derangement.

You might not agree with me, and that's fine, but I wasn't surprised to find out that McGeough eventually got asked to tone it down.
You decided Fairfax articles about Trump were "Trump Derangement" "3 or so Months ago"?

He was sworn in 91 days ago.

It is one of the biggest news stories in Western Democracy with huge ramifications for the rest of the world and Fairfax are saying maybe there's something else to write about?? This is an odd line to take full stop. It's even odder for you to agree considering your opinions on BF about his potential impact on world affairs. The only argument Fairfax could theoretically have is that there is a lot of coverage online and they happen to have sacked so many staff that they are missing other stories. Do Fairfax's senior management really want people to not use their websites to find out the news? McGeogh's analysis is a good read.
But I have noticed a trend on social media lately that you're not part of the liberal status quo unless you absolutely hate Trump. It's subtle, and it's not always there, but there is some truth to that saying that inside every liberal there is a totalitarian screaming to get out, IMO.
That is true of most people, and possibly 99% of those who are interested in politics. Everyone has a part of their ego that every now and again claims to know best. Trump's entire campaign was him claiming to personally know what to do.

Complaining about 'people on social media' is hack. Way too many journos do it too. You may as well say 'people on telephones are part of the problem' after listening to some Alan Jones talkback.
Axing TPP probably closest to positive
TPP was only in negotiation stages. He axed a process, and like with Healthcare he lacks anything to replace it.

John Ehrlichman laid bare the politics behind the war on drugs over twenty years ago.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.
"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

One of the main reason a lot of republicans voted for the republican party (not just trump) was because of the supreme court nominations, one judge was already set to be replaced, and two judges (over 80 yrs) are likely to die or retired during this republican term. This shows that voters actual value the constitution highly, and what it stands for.

There is a lot of states that where not going to change regardless of who was nominated, and i think their was only 10 swing states. The US also has a recent history of switching parties every 8 years.

Democratic party ran a average campaign and didn't focus on the wheatbelt states, and make use of their electoral college. By focusing on the high population sates, they won the majority of votes but not the election.

I'm sure that a lot of republicans don't like trump, but not enough so the would turn on their own party.
If they cared about the constitution, why did they vote for someone who has no respect for it? Trump repeatedly said he'd 'shut down' media, ban muslims, threatened protestors, he appeared to have no regard for the legal system or the limitations of the President's power. He is anti-constitution. He is also anti-GOP based on him being not very Christian and his policies being non-free-market, etc. as previously stated.

And his story about the DNC focussing on high population states is bullsh*t. It's just his spin because California went so much for Clinton (unsurprisingly since even Cali Republicans are fairly 'progressive' compared to the South - see Arnie).
Well its kind of is true, however its very open to interpretation just like all of his tweets.
Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back