Roast BBQ fred

Remove this Banner Ad

1st class Lach, how did the glaze turn out m8 ? star anise, jam, szechuan pepper for some bite has to be a winner

I've got a butterflied Turkey that has been brined going on the Boonie tomorrow, piece of cake.

Good luck to all of you who are manning up to the weber tomorrow, here is a guide for those a bit unsure ..https://heatbeads.com.au/tip/turkey-cook-time-calculator/

Looking forward to your conquests
Pork roast on the Weber tomorrow.

Crackling that would break teeth.

afde5724171becc75f0eeff89991ab94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, Lachlan does back up his big talk with splendid food.

Sensational lunch over there yesterday :thumbsu:.

I've recently grabbed a Primo XL and I am getting used to grilling directly over what is a partially lit source of hardwood. Having used a Weber for many years, I'm used to allowing the coals to burn down to white before grilling over them. With the Primo, I'm getting lots of white smoke if I follow their instructions to cook once at temperature (but before the hardwood is fully lit) and also with the lid down which is again something I am getting used to as I never cooked directly over the fire source with the Weber lid down - only indirectly.

I see than many of you are well advanced with charcoal cooking. I love the taste of it but not when the food has been drenched in smoke. In summary, I am trying to get my head around 2 issues - adding the food before the coals are white and cooking over them with a closed lid. Appreciate any advise....

Does anyone have a good Jerk Chicken recipe? I love cooking it but just want some variety and am sure my one I obtained could be better.

Thanks
Given to me when in Jamaica, this is the best I do this pretty much anytime we have a BBQ

Chicken Jerk

One chicken (4 chicken breasts may be used if preferred)
6 sliced jalapenos
2 Tbsp. thyme
2 Tbsp. ground allspice
8 Cloves garlic, chopped
3 Medium onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tsp nutmeg
1 Tsp ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
Juice of one lime
1 cup orange juice
1 cup white vinegar

Chop the onions, garlic and peppers. These do not need to be chopped too fine as they will be liquidised by the blender
Blend all of the ingredients (excluding the chicken) in a blender to make the jerk sauce.

Cut the chicken up into 4 pieces.

Rub the sauce in to the meat, saving some for basting and dipping later.
Leave the chicken in the fridge to marinade overnight.

The best way to do it is over a charcoal barbeque, but this is not always practical.

So you can Bake in the oven (about 180 - 200)for 30 minutes, turn the meat then bake for a further 30 minutes.

or

Grill the meat slowly until cooked, turning regularly. Baste with some of the remaining marinade whilst cooking.

Chop each quarter chicken portion in to 5 or 6 smaller pieces using a heavy cleaver.

Serve with salad, rice or bread and the left jerk sauce over for dipping.

Given to me when in Jamaica, this is the best I do this pretty much anytime we have a BBQ

Chicken Jerk

One chicken (4 chicken breasts may be used if preferred)
6 sliced jalapenos
2 Tbsp. thyme
2 Tbsp. ground allspice
8 Cloves garlic, chopped
3 Medium onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tsp nutmeg
1 Tsp ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
Juice of one lime
1 cup orange juice
1 cup white vinegar

Chop the onions, garlic and peppers. These do not need to be chopped too fine as they will be liquidised by the blender
Blend all of the ingredients (excluding the chicken) in a blender to make the jerk sauce.

Cut the chicken up into 4 pieces.

Rub the sauce in to the meat, saving some for basting and dipping later.
Leave the chicken in the fridge to marinade overnight.

The best way to do it is over a charcoal barbeque, but this is not always practical.

So you can Bake in the oven (about 180 - 200)for 30 minutes, turn the meat then bake for a further 30 minutes.

or

Grill the meat slowly until cooked, turning regularly. Baste with some of the remaining marinade whilst cooking.

Chop each quarter chicken portion in to 5 or 6 smaller pieces using a heavy cleaver.

Serve with salad, rice or bread and the left jerk sauce over for dipping.

Thanks mate I'll be keen to get this recipe happening for when my mates head over for dinner some time soon

I've recently grabbed a Primo XL and I am getting used to grilling directly over what is a partially lit source of hardwood. Having used a Weber for many years, I'm used to allowing the coals to burn down to white before grilling over them. With the Primo, I'm getting lots of white smoke if I follow their instructions to cook once at temperature (but before the hardwood is fully lit) and also with the lid down which is again something I am getting used to as I never cooked directly over the fire source with the Weber lid down - only indirectly.

I see than many of you are well advanced with charcoal cooking. I love the taste of it but not when the food has been drenched in smoke. In summary, I am trying to get my head around 2 issues - adding the food before the coals are white and cooking over them with a closed lid. Appreciate any advise....
I've just gotten into the charcoal bbqing myself with a Kamado Big Joe, the Primo works on the same priciples, getting my head around firing up the charcoal proper with a few bits of fruit wood in it for smoke flavour and then getting it up to the temp you want is all part of the fun, on mine wood to charcoal ratio is about %10 wood, starts of white then get my blue smoke in around 20mins........that's when all the magic is ready to happen

Hi Guys,
This is a little off topic, but I'm planning to open a cafe in Sydney in the spring. It's on Botany Street, and as a Dockers supporter I'd like to come up with a nautical theme but the best I can come up with is The Boatshed which is rather dull.

Looking for some tips on a good name, if any one comes up with something that I run with then a free breakfast is yours next time you're in Sydney.

Hi Guys,
This is a little off topic, but I'm planning to open a cafe in Sydney in the spring. It's on Botany Street, and as a Dockers supporter I'd like to come up with a nautical theme but the best I can come up with is The Boatshed which is rather dull.

Looking for some tips on a good name, if any one comes up with something that I run with then a free breakfast is yours next time you're in Sydney.
Harbour
The Wharf
Caboose (there is a small bar in perth with this name)
Anchorage
The rusty Anchor
Jib and tucker (play on bib and tucker)

Hi Guys,

The Starboard Bow
Main Sail
Spanish Man o'War
The Galleon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back