Damien Hardwick - Sticking it up the doubters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough even though we were second best all night we almost won it.
If it wasn't for the worst non decision in football, no in sporting history, when Edwards caught Cunnington cold we may have stolen it.
But I'm not still bitter, I'm not. Really I'm not. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Equally as bad as Ziebell not getting the too high when his head was ripped off 20 seconds earlier.

Is it his coaching? I doubt it and he's only still there because of lack of takers for the job? Richmond have always had potential (you know that awful word every footy fan hates to hear) It really is the "Dusty" show and he's gone up a notch this year in order to get that magic "Million" dollar contract. The next four weeks will see where the Tigers are at. If Hardwick really is a miracle worker then they need to win 3 out of the next four games!

If Hardwick really is a miracle worker then they need to win 3 out of the next four games!
A miracle worker would be expected to provide 5 wins from 4 games by definition.

Not that anyone has ever or this year had that expectation of Wickers.

We have the amusing case of RFC fans pouring cool water on expectations and other fans trying to enlarge the balloon to see it burst.

That never happened!! :D
Or he ducked! :p

Seriously, no real complaints as we didn't play well enough on the day.

For me the lesson that day, one you've learned and is playing a major role in your success this year, is the importance of big clearance mids.

Cunners and Ziebell killed it for us. You tried to fix that with Townsend last year and have really nailed it with Prestia and Caddy now.

Does it go without saying he'd be the one drinking most of the slabs anyway in commiseration?

Haha, yeah they do tend to get shared ... unequally.

I think the best thing for Hardwick, is that's hes changed the game plan significantly and it's paying dividends. He's gone against his previously preferred strategies and found something that so far works. People can mention who they have played, but you can only beat who's put in front of you. Against both West Coast and Melbourne they had to overcome deficits to win, when previously they probably wouldn't have managed it.

Whilst I'm sure the new faces at the club have helped change the game plan, it still takes the coach to accept it and implement it as outlined. They have identified talent to come to the club to improve areas they were deficient and brought in kids to fill roles they needed filled.

It's funny, whilst he never won a final, his record was pretty good prior to bombing last year. 3 finals appearances in a row, once making it as high as 5th. considering most thought their list was rubbish, it's a huge effort to make finals 3 consecutive years with s**t players.

Richmond have beat;

Carlton - lol
Collingwood - lol
WCE at the MCG - lol
Brisbane - lol
Melbourne - lol

Lets just cool our jets everyone. They have had the easiest run in the comp so far.

It's not who they have beaten but the fact they have won all their games. Come on this is Richmond, they are masters at losing games they should win. No one would have predicted them to by 5 - 0 yet here they are.

A miracle worker would be expected to provide 5 wins from 4 games by definition.

Not that anyone has ever or this year had that expectation of Wickers.

We have the amusing case of RFC fans pouring cool water on expectations and other fans trying to enlarge the balloon to see it burst.
With plenty of reason .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma has shown an ability to coach teams to success, and spectacular wins over premiership quality teams. He also has shown an ability to over coach teams to poor games against teams that the tigers should beat. He learns, but often in strange and counterproductive ways.

2016 was a total train wreck, and Dimma was the guy driving that train. If he has really learnt from 2016, and has changed how he approached coaching at a deep level. Then maybe he will be fantastic, and the right guy. But I always have my doubts as he has shown an ability to be both brilliant and crappy. We'll see later in the season.

but al least we now seem to have a balanced squad (although losing talls hand over fist) and to be playing good footy with a plan that can win finals.

Nicely put but surely not as good as this...
View attachment 363605
In Rafa We Trust.

In a way, Dimma and Rafa are a bit alike. Both have tasted success elsewhere and landed at success starved clubs. My hope is they both bring some success in the next few years! ;)

My best mate is a Richmond fan and we have an annual slab bet on who finishes higher. Suffice to say I have done OK off that.

I have been teasing him with the scenario where after all season in the top 4, the Tiges fade late and just miss out, finishing 5th on percentage.

North hit their straps and make a late season charge, sneaking into the 8 on the last kick of the final round.

Then there it is. 5th vers(ing)us 8th. Sunday arvo Elimination Final at the MCG.

Jarrad Waite in what he knows will be his last season. One last effort. One last hurrah.

33434e9af815bcbfc03ae9845e030373_-dominos-or-pizza-hut-phil-mitchell-memes-pizza_600-367.jpeg

:p

No he didn't...Martin gave him a push and shove? I'd say Jones has had worse than that. He instigated it anyway. There wasn't much in it. Jones isn't soft.
Yeah he is. Just a faux tough guy like Viney. Martin is tough; he doesn't ever start anything, just finishes it

We keep playing like this and make finals he stays. Obviously winning at least one final would be preferable.
So you're saying making no improvement from 2013 is enough for him to stay?

Weren't the expectations last year that Richmond were to push right up the ladder, top four even. Now just making finals is okay?

I'm betting about 8pm Sunday the tiger fans will realise how far they are still off and be screaming for Dimmas head again.

I think the crows will beat them by around 90 points. They simply aren't close to top 4 quality and Dimma is an average coach at best.

I'm betting about 8pm Sunday the tiger fans will realise how far they are still off and be screaming for Dimmas head again.

I think the crows will beat them by around 90 points. They simply aren't close to top 4 quality and Dimma is an average coach at best.
This. I can't believe AFL website is talking this one up. Won't even be close.

Hold off until they beat a decent team.
We've beaten the minor premier every year since 2012. Anyone who knows Richmond understands that our major issue is the starts to our season. 5-0 is our best start in 22 years, that alone shows much more than the teams we've beaten. We usually start the season 1-4, 2-3, 3-5, 0-2. We may lose this week, but the next month will show if we're truly good. Crows, Dogs, Giants.

they'll beat the tigers by 90 or you want the tigers to lose by 90? There's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back