The 2017 Federal Govt Budget

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not too many leaks so far, but ScoMo is now talking about "good debt" and "bad debt" as his deficits and govt debt spiral out of control.

But wait, where have I heard this simplistic propaganda "good this", "bad that" before?

Of course:

Four legs good, two legs bad.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Animal_Farm

It's simple really...

LNP debt good.....ALP debt, bad!!!!

If the 2017 Federal Budget handed down by Treasurer Scott Morrison gets a pass mark from the media and the public, it might keep Malcolm Turnbull in office for another term at least.

But if it ends up being like the 2014 Budget under former Treasurer Joe Hockey, Turnbull would be best advised to start looking over his shoulder and see a looming figure by the name of Tony Abbott preparing for a leadership spill.

If the 2017 Federal Budget handed down by Treasurer Scott Morrison gets a pass mark from the media and the public, it might keep Malcolm Turnbull in office for another term at least.

But if it ends up being like the 2014 Budget under former Treasurer Joe Hockey, Turnbull would be best advised to start looking over his shoulder and see a looming figure by the name of Tony Abbott preparing for a leadership spill.
Crack out the cigars boyzzzzzz
Hockey-cigar.png

This isn't even smart politics, nobody beside the usual right wing talking heads will even try to spruik this.
IDK I think it might be ok...
Not a great fan of the terminology but anything that helps people understand more should be good thing, hell people don't even know the difference between debt and deficit.

Not too many leaks so far, but ScoMo is now talking about "good debt" and "bad debt" as his deficits and govt debt spiral out of control.

But wait, where have I heard this simplistic propaganda "good this", "bad that" before?

Of course:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Animal_Farm

Scomo's a genius, just applying the Andrews doctrine

Now can we revise the last thirty years under the new interpretation and decide once anf fro all the debt daleks have sold the public down the river, only to paddle back up (with no paddle) and discover they sold the farm too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No appropriately allocated infrastructure spending good. As is education and health (to a degree). Cash handouts bad.

Yes, but I am sarcastic as the LNP have a budget coming and they have tripled the debt since they came to power, it's now an excuse to use good debt and bad debt to cover their inept economic management.

They will probably cut health and education while frothing at the mouth about it being a bad debt, and good debt will be infrastructure and more handouts to their rich donor mates.

First thing they should do is tax the companies that do not pay their fair share of tax and get rid of the direct action handouts which are a waste of taxpayers monies.

I worked for almost 35 years and prefer to see my taxes paid into health, education and other essential services, not rich fat cats who pay hardly pay their fair share.

Last edited:
Yes, but I am sarcastic as the LNP have a budget coming and they have tripled the debt since they came to power, it's now an excuse to use good debt and bad debt to cover their inept economic management.

They will probably cut health and education while frothing at the mouth about it being a bad debt, and good debt will be infrastructure and more handouts to their rich donor mates.

First thing they should do is tax the companies that do not pay their fair share of tax and get rid of the direct action handouts which are a waste of taxpayers monies.

I worked for almost 35 years and prefer to see my taxes paid into health, education and other essential services, not rich fat cats who pay hardly pay their fair share.

As a country. We are spending too much. So in order that future generations don't suffer. We are going to cut cut cut ....... Particularly education

No family in their right mind would do that. If they had the choice

I'd like to see Labor set the agenda in their reply speech by saying they will reverse the company tax cuts. I think the analysis has shown how little benefit it will be to the economy, and beyond the howls of outrage from the usual suspects, I suspect the political fall out would be minimal. It would also give them a fair bit of money to play with.

There is such thing as good debt and bad debt, but before ScoMo is allowed to get away with any such wordplay, he should be forced to explain which of Labor's 'debt and deficit disaster' was good debt and which was bad. If he can't answer honestly, he can * right off. You don't get to have it both ways.

There is such thing as good debt and bad debt, but before ScoMo is allowed to get away with any such wordplay, he should be forced to explain which of Labor's 'debt and deficit disaster' was good debt and which was bad. If he can't answer honestly, he can **** right off. You don't get to have it both ways.

Id want it retrospectively applied to all decisions over the last 30 years since the so called rationalists got the keys to the public purse.
Been somewhat muted since their cronies were actually bailed out from market forces in the GFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back