Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I gave up on League Teams when BT left for 7 and they replaced him with Derm. It went downhill fast. You are lucky to get more than 30 seconds talk about us while they talk for a couple of minutes about the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Perth Glory got more of a mention than the Derby on 360

In regards to league teams, pretty much this:
League teams. Lol. 99% of it about WC and Roosy talking up his advice to Ross a few weeks ago and the rest about how WC played against Hawks last week. Great derby segment guys.

I hate Fox Footy, I now find myself sitting through two hours of crap just to get a Freo fix in the last minute of TFS.

That's why I come on bigfooty - to get my footy fix without having to put up with any of the inane media industry surrounding the game.

The games themselves are much more enjoyable when you avoid all the boring agenda-driven bullshit during the week.

That's why I come on bigfooty - to get my footy fix without having to put up with any of the inane media industry surrounding the game.

The games themselves are much more enjoyable when you avoid all the boring agenda-driven bullshit during the week.

Yup, the only footy media I'm exposed to these days comes via this thread. It's brilliant. I know that if something genuinely insightful or interesting comes out, and it's pretty rare, some legend will upload it here.

Yep, best decision I made was a few years ago to not watch TV at all. Just the game on the weekend and see that live if possible.

League teams. Lol. 99% of it about WC and Roosy talking up his advice to Ross a few weeks ago and the rest about how WC played against Hawks last week. Great derby segment guys.
Roos is alright, he raved on for ages the other week about how highly he rated Harley Balic :D

Yep. Same. And our supporters are much more brillianter and really really know things

So the Sunday Times has Ross defending the Nat Fyfe character right next to a photo of poor Vardy in his first injury and how unlucky are the Cokes.
HOW DID VARDY INJURE HIS ARM? Giving Fyfe a whack. Served him right.

likely he just doesn't see the bigger picture that the AFL just don't want any more focus on the umpiring of that game and the issues it could potentially dredge up if they gave Fyfe a suspension. Lyon's comments post-game flew very close to the line of getting fined as it was (and I could see him and the management throwing in more comments and a potential appeal on any suspension). An article focused on the poor umpiring on the 'front page' of PerthNow also wouldn't have gone unnoticed by AFL house. I imagine that with the decision they gave, this game just gets put to bed now and the expectation is that everyone will move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back