Review Round 3, 2017: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 30 April 2017, 2.00pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I have listened before and she and he are a couple.

He being Max Warren

It's still not appropriate IMO. Also they do a similar thing whenever she mentions Teia Miles (or is that some other female commentator?). Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the odd comment about a good looking player but to do stuff like play 'Careless Whisper' every time he's mentioned is just not professional (regardless of whether they are a couple or not).

It's still not appropriate IMO. Also they do a similar thing whenever she mentions Teia Miles (or is that some other female commentator?). Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the odd comment about a good looking player but to do stuff like play 'Careless Whisper' every time he's mentioned is just not professional (regardless of whether they are a couple or not).
So who cheated on who, and feels guilty about it?

Getting back to footy, I see Harry Morrison took 14 marks. About how many were contested? He is listed at 180cm and only 73Kg, and is probably still growing. I wonder if he is ready to have a go, or is it too early with his light frame?
I would hate to throw him to the wolves, but want some of our youngsters to step up this season, to see if they have what it takes.

Really appreciate all those who contribute to this thread, thanks.

Getting back to footy, I see Harry Morrison took 14 marks. About how many were contested? He is listed at 180cm and only 73Kg, and is probably still growing. I wonder if he is ready to have a go, or is it too early with his light frame?
I would hate to throw him to the wolves, but want some of our youngsters to step up this season, to see if they have what it takes.

Really appreciate all those who contribute to this thread, thanks.

Was at the game yesterday & conditions not too bad for Point Gellibrand.
Yes Thai Harry was really impressive & a couple of more performances like that he'll be hard to ignore & leave out.
Has gone ahead of Miles (who is injured now anyways) & unfortunately ahead of Duryea too.
Has heaps of guts & gets to the right places. His Bushranger teammate Cousins is another to look out for too.
As for Dallas I don't like potting blokes but he hasn't got the intestinal fortitude to make it at AFL Level!
I'd also bite the bullet now & bring in Heatherley to replace Gibbo.

Yes Thai Harry was really impressive & a couple of more performances like that he'll be hard to ignore & leave out.
Has gone ahead of Miles (who is injured now anyways) & unfortunately ahead of Duryea too.
Has heaps of guts & gets to the right places. His Bushranger teammate Cousins is another to look out for too.
As for Dallas I don't like potting blokes but he hasn't got the intestinal fortitude to make it at AFL Level!

I believe Gibbo would probably be more value to the club teaching the youngsters at Box Hill, then slowing with age in the seniors. Having said that, he is a very proud guy, so might not be interested in playing in the twos.

I have heard that Cousins has a future, and he is another I would like to see get some exposure soon.

I am also a but fan of Glass; I have been following his progress, albeit from a distance, and I think he could be ready this year.

Gone past after one good game?

I saw the BHH/Dons game a few weeks back and going by your analysis I'd say Miles has gone past Thai Harry and Hanrahan has gone past every midfielder at Hawthorn bar Mitchell.

I saw the BHH/Dons game a few weeks back and going by your analysis I'd say Miles has gone past Thai Harry and Hanrahan has gone past every midfielder at Hawthorn bar Mitchell.
What are you on btw?
Box Hill haven't played Essendon this year yet & as per usual you make as much sense as a screen door on a submarine!
Oh Harry's last few games have been pretty good for a 1st year player!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5oJqy60.png

NTcEbUx.png

Damn impressive debut season from Harry. Plays a different game to Doc, so the comparison is mute. Miles seems to be going nowhere, Harry has certainly gone past him.

Good to see Willsmore got 26 soft possessions. Gets it at both ends of the oval. If running yourself into the ground to get a kick is weak, maybe we need to fill the team with softies.

It hasn't been "one good game".

To many who were there, he showed early potential and unusual composure with the ball in his first outing versus the Bulldogs. He's now followed up with two strong games. For a first year player, this is impressive. He also has a natural height/build advantage over Miles and won't get knocked out of contests so easily.

Time will tell if either make it but it's encouraging to watch someone unheralded make such an early impact in the Box Hill seniors.

Harry is pretty slight. Took some nice intercept marks. Harry almost always goes to good spots. I had him BOG. Put some muscle on him and he will make it.

As for Willsmore, soft or not he finds the footy. Seems some think that is not important.

Is he any good at using his height (1.92m) at taking a mark, even if it's just against smaller players? That would be useful.

How is Willsmore's endurance? Is he still running in the last quarter? Is it possible he could replace what Hill did, and we could play him, Smith and Billy? This would free Isaac up a little, as he seems to be getting caught with the footy more this year as teams pay much closer attention to him.

Willsmore is the best runner at BHH. By a fair margin. Like most mid distance runners he does not carry a heap of bulk.

It is complete bullshit keeping these guys on the list and not playing them.

Willsmore was in the top 4 running in preseason worked in preseason has given himself every chance to succeed. It's whether he is given the chance and takes it. He does rely on someone getting it to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back