Certified Legendary Thread Collingwood great, Lou Richards has died at age 94

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listening on SEN where they replayed Lou reading out a recipe on how to how make 'beautiful frankfurts' - Lou called them Frangers at the end of a rambling recital.

R.I.P.

I remember one they did on League Teams for fish balls and mentioned something along the lines of it must take ages to cut them off all of those fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping it was fake news

A real legend on and off the footy field
Had the chance to go to WOS on the 70's , if it looked amateur on tv it was lol
Will be missed by the Football fraternity and the public
Loved your work Lou

It makes me sad for the state of footy commentary and personalities now - to hear their calls in the 70s and 80s - clear, funny, focused on the action - its sad that that has been lost and we are forced on free to air to listen and watch utter flogs ruin a great game

Rest in Peace.

Also this will sound horrible but I hope the various football shows do not spend 20 minutes discussing this. It is sad for sure, but 94 is a good innings.

Considering he has been ill for sometime, I don't think they will focus on his passing in the way you would if he was 49 but he was a Collingwood great, a great of the competition but more importantly he was part of the generation that helped to make the footy media, he basically made it possible for the current generation to enjoy being in the same industry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back