Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Cochrane is probably right, I have no trouble believing Gold Coast aren't selling any guernseys. They can barely sell memberships or tickets.

I saw someone in Perth wearing a GCS polo once. It wasn't even footy season, it didn't look like it had come out of a Good Sammies bin and the wearer was too tall to be Wally Matera.

Sitting at my daughters netball tonight surrounded by your standard crowgans who have done nothing but bag Port and the China initiative. Expecting more of the same old was greated with 'if this turns out to be highest rated AFL game and you make money it needs to be rotated each year amoungst the interstate teams you can't have it all to yourself'. Fair enough I replied but your CEO called it all a sideshow and had no interest in it. Talk retuned to bagging the netball umpire very quickly. Was a good night, girls won to.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cochrane making a big deal... "we will never ever sell our (China Flag coloured) guernsey.
Better get some leverage this year mate because I hope Port tell you to GAGF next year if you retain that opinion.

Probably because they know Channel 10 will demand a slice of the pie due to Gold Coast ripping off the old Sports Tonight logo design.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Sitting at my daughters netball tonight surrounded by your standard crowgans who have done nothing but bag Port and the China initiative. Expecting more of the same old was greated with 'if this turns out to be highest rated AFL game and you make money it needs to be rotated each year amoungst the interstate teams you can't have it all to yourself'. Fair enough I replied but your CEO called it all a sideshow and had no interest in it. Talk retuned to bagging the netball umpire very quickly. Was a good night, girls won to.
lol what???

They want to share it around now??? Hahahahahaha.

"Port Powa are so hopeless, tarps, tarps, tarps, can't believe they are making us go to Adelaide Oval, 119, tarps, handouts"

Nek Minute

Welcome to the Crowval............ *facepalm*

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes Fagan 100% said he would leave China to Port

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
lol what???

They want to share it around now??? Hahahahahaha.

"Port Powa are so hopeless, tarps, tarps, tarps, can't believe they are making us go to Adelaide Oval, 119, tarps, handouts"

Nek Minute

Welcome to the Crowval............ *facepalm*

But it's all being paid for by taxpayers money isn't it, so surely it has to be shared!

Lol. You're usually so diplomatic

Haha yes a combination of swelling of pride in our club and deflating of patience with the Neanderthals ;)

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
Just like ANZAC day gets rotated every year

As much as I would love to invite them I believe their contract with the SMA prevents them from selling a home game. Sorry old chaps. :D

It's funny how that attitude smacks of how they entered the AFL. Yet again after Port did all the heavy lifting. And they say history never repeats ;)

As much as I would love to invite them I believe their contract with the SMA prevents them from selling a home game. Sorry old chaps. :D

It's funny how that attitude smacks of how they entered the AFL. Yet again after Port did all the heavy lifting. And they say history never repeats ;)
Bingo! Haha :)

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Yes Fagan 100% said he would leave China to Port
Rucci in today's paper;

"And Koch made what seemed to be a “pie in the sky” vow – a thought Crows chief executive Andrew Fagan later described as a “sideshow” – to have Port Adelaide play a preseason game and eventually a premiership match in China."

#sideshow #godhatesfages

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
advertiser 2017-05-13.JPG

Rucci in today's The Advertiser;

"The “lightbulb” moment is at the Hong Kong Football Club in 2013 when devoted Port Adelaide fan and company director Denis Way, who had moved to Hong Kong in the 1970s, highlighted opportunities in China."

advertiser 2017-05-13 denis way.JPG

Denis Way is a legend and I hope all you BigFooty posters in Shanghai for tomorrow's game track him down and buy him a beer or three. Make sure it happens Lockhart Road. ;)

Last edited:
Some of the arguments have now devolved to "It's good that you're making all this money but you're still not making any money"

They're even positing that we will have to pay to the equalisation fund as a negative, when this was our stated goal from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back