Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
All Off Season/Non-Playoff news can go in this thread.

Really like Darling to the Hurricanes, and to get a 3rd rounder for a pending FA was a bonus. Darling gets paid and a much more solid chance at becoming a starting goalie.

Happy with Panik re-signing with us. Thought he would test the waters, and on the open market probably could've got more. A team friendly deal, and most likely means Kruger is gone.

Thoughts on DeBrincat?

Only read about him and watched a few highlights.

Feisty, tiny (he will be one of the smallest players in NHL history), smart hockey player, great release, scores from anywhere.
Will be interesting to see how his shot and release fares against the big step-up in trying to beat NHL goaltenders compared to the OHL.
Over two points per game is definitely nothing to sniff at...
Will also be interesting to see who the Blackhawks will have as his centreman, someone who can feed the quick release.

Not seeing much of a difference between Bishop and Lehtonen, big sample size as well:

Lehtonen had the better 2016/17.

c9VB1Yj.jpg

lH9WiHb.jpg

Last edited:
Not seeing much of a difference between Bishop and Lehtonen, big sample size as well:

Lehtonen had the better 2016/17.

c9VB1Yj.jpg

lH9WiHb.jpg

Given kari will be our 1b in 2017/18 and Bishop 1a....i dont think this means much. To me it still looks like over the last 4 years bishop is still better?

Bishop 50 games
Lehtonen 30 odd games

Will be a big improvement on previous years.

But people will look for holes in anything these days

So Eric Haula was playing golf yesterday.. how do I know? I'm at a hostel in Barcelona with 2 guys from Minnesota and one went to St Marys with Toews and Haula etc. I was flabbergasted so he facetimed him and he was driving a golf cart and facetiming. Was cool for me, I was already drinking too so was a little giddy.

Given kari will be our 1b in 2017/18 and Bishop 1a....i dont think this means much. To me it still looks like over the last 4 years bishop is still better?

Bishop 50 games
Lehtonen 30 odd games

Will be a big improvement on previous years.

But people will look for holes in anything these days

Better to investigate and find holes than follow lazy mainstream media blindly like some people do. I was inspired by lazy Ryan Kennedy at The Hockey News.

While I ponder the future collector’s value of a Bishop Kings jersey, let’s all agree that this was a huge win for the Stars, assuming that Bishop signs with the team (and I see no reason why he would not). While the 6-foot-7 stopper had an off year (mainly with Tampa Bay), he is still a high-class NHL goaltender [PG: is he?] and a big improvement on the current platoon of Kari Lehtonen and Antti Niemi.

If Bishop does in fact sign, the Stars can expect No. 1 numbers from a player with something to prove. Bishop’s save percentage was .910 this season, but he could return to his previous range of .920 and it wouldn’t be a shock. [PG: yes it would] For a reference point, Lehtonen was at .902 this year, while Niemi came in at .892. That put them 50th and 53rd, respectively, out of 54 NHL goalies that played at least 20 games.[/URL]

Comparing save percentage's between two different teams and systems. Come on, now...
At least he mentions the loss of Goligoski and Demers.

This sums it up for me:

Boughner in charge of Sharks' defence. First season Cup final, second season fifth best in goals allowed, Brent Burns takes a big step = crap

Makes sense...
He was in charge of the PK which was 18th in the league over his time there. For once in your life, don't be a dick. I know it's hard for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better penalty kill than the Stanley Cup champions this season.

You're getting worked up about a nine goal differential between the Charks' penalty kill goals against and the league leaders in the Ducks?

A team is on the penalty kill for approximately 10% of a game, you've declared a coach "crap" for the sake of a handful of goals and ignored the rest of his job.

Tip top analysis...

Better penalty kill than the Stanley Cup champions this season.

You're getting worked up about a nine goal differential between the Charks' penalty kill goals against and the league leaders in the Ducks?

A team is on the penalty kill for approximately 10% of a game, you've declared a coach "crap" for the sake of a handful of goals and ignored the rest of his job.

Tip top analysis...
Watch a game for once and you'll see how bad it is. Can't always rely on Jones to bail us out. Our PK is what got us knocked out.

Watch a game for once and you'll see how bad it is. Can't always rely on Jones to bail us out. Our PK is what got us knocked out.

Are you sure about that?

ECgLR1w.jpg

Two Oilers' powerplay goals from sixteen powerplays. That's why the Charks' got knocked out?

Charks' powerplay going 1-18 in the five games not including the blowout might be more accurate.

H, looking for help. Is it difficult to obtain a ticket for a blackhawks game? cheers

It's not difficult on resale sites, including official Ticketmaster or unofficial but still reputable places like StubHub.

It can be expensive though... I've paid 120 for nosebleed seats in NY, although at New Jersey and San Jose it was more like 40 bucks. Chicago I imagine would be somewhere in between. It is the second biggest stadium in the league though, so that helps.

Also the opponent the Blackhawks are playing against is important. Being a Penguins fan, those games were expensive as we draw in big crowds. Blackhawks vs Florida Panthers should be dead cheap.

H, looking for help. Is it difficult to obtain a ticket for a blackhawks game? cheers

As someone who has purchased Chicago Blackhawks tickets 2 out of the last 3 seasons it's not difficult at all. All depends on when you want to sit, if you really want to be picky, be online when tickets go on sale, otherwise after 24 hours you're basically left with the dregs.

It can be expensive though... I've paid 120 for nosebleed seats in NY, although at New Jersey and San Jose it was more like 40 bucks. Chicago I imagine would be somewhere in between. It is the second biggest stadium in the league though, so that helps.

Also the opponent the Blackhawks are playing against is important. Being a Penguins fan, those games were expensive as we draw in big crowds. Blackhawks vs Florida Panthers should be dead cheap.

Chicago is very expensive. It's $70 just for a standing ticket. Don't think it matters who they are playing.

As someone who has purchased Chicago Blackhawks tickets 2 out of the last 3 seasons it's not difficult at all. All depends on when you want to sit, if you really want to be picky, be online when tickets go on sale, otherwise after 24 hours you're basically left with the dregs.

Chicago is very expensive. It's $70 just for a standing ticket. Don't think it matters who they are playing.

Perhaps at face value, but on resale sites you often get cheaper as there are season members who don't go to every game and just want to get back some money.

Perhaps at face value, but on resale sites you often get cheaper as there are season members who don't go to every game and just want to get back some money.

Yeah I remember having a look prior to the Dallas/Chicago game to see if I wanted to grab a seat or not, surprisingly nothing really of value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back