Toast Shanghai Daily Sports Section 15/5/17

Remove this Banner Ad

B-b-b-b-but Port Power est 1997 :'(:'(:'(

Cue the Camry melts.
Always wondered why they hate us so much if we are not the Port Adelaide that made them miserable pre AFL days. Makes little sense.

Always wondered why they hate us so much if we are not the Port Adelaide that made them miserable pre AFL days. Makes little sense.

I have queried this with some of them in the past. Believe it or not, it's because apparently we are trying to pass ourselves off as "Port Magpies" and "stole their history".

I s**t you not. campaigners, one and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have queried this with some of them in the past. Believe it or not, it's because apparently we are trying to pass ourselves off as "Port Magpies" and "stole their history".

Typical AFC fan:
  • pre 1990 - hated Port Magpies because they were thugs and won all the time
  • 1990 - hated Port Magpies because they stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • post 1990/pre 1997 - hated Port Magpies because they were thugs and won all the time and they stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 1995 - hated Port Magpies because they won the second license over Bay of utensils and Sturtwood.
  • 1997 - hated Port Power because they beat Crows in the first Showdown at Footy Park
  • post 1997 - hated Port Power because they're not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and who stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • circa 2001/03 - hated Port Power because they were thugs and won all the time but were not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and who stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 2004 - hated Port Power because they won the premiership (but not two premierships lel)
  • 2005 - hated Port Power because they're not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • circa 2007 - hated Port Power because they made a Grand Final (lol 119)
  • post 2007 - hated Port Power because they were cash strapped and leaching money off the SNAFL and were stealing the heritage of the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back but were not the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back (tarps)
  • post 2011 - hated Port Power because they had all the first round draft picks and were cash strapped and leaching money off the SNAFL and were now merged with the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back (tarps)
  • 2014 - hated Port Power because they beat Crows in the first Showdown at Adelaide Oval
  • post 2014 - hated Port Power because they were no longer cash strapped and should pay back the SNAFL and were now merged with the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back but are not the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 2017 - hate Port Power because they are cash strapped and don't pay to play in the SNAFL because they're merged with the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back. (china)

tl;dr

Port moved to the AFL.
My SNAFL team is irrelevant.
Waaah!

Last edited:

Nice of them to defend the honour of Australia's most successful football club. They worship us and barely realise it.

Typical AFC fan:
  • pre 1990 - hated Port Magpies because they were thugs and won all the time
  • 1990 - hated Port Magpies because they stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • post 1990/pre 1997 - hated Port Magpies because they were thugs and won all the time and they stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 1995 - hated Port Magpies because they won the second license over Bay of utensils and Sturtwood.
  • 1997 - hated Port Power because they beat Crows in the first Showdown at Footy Park
  • post 1997 - hated Port Power because they're not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and who stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • circa 2001/03 - hated Port Power because they were thugs and won all the time but were not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and who stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 2004 - hated Port Power because they won the premiership (but not two premierships lel)
  • 2005 - hated Port Power because they're not the same club that were thugs and won all the time and stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • circa 2007 - hated Port Power because they made a Grand Final (lol 119)
  • post 2007 - hated Port Power because they were cash strapped and leaching money off the SNAFL and were stealing the heritage of the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back but were not the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back (tarps)
  • post 2011 - hated Port Power because they had all the first round draft picks and were cash strapped and leaching money off the SNAFL and were now merged with the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back (tarps)
  • 2014 - hated Port Power because they beat Crows in the first Showdown at Adelaide Oval
  • post 2014 - hated Port Power because they were no longer cash strapped and should pay back the SNAFL and were now merged with the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back but are not the same club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back
  • 2017 - hate Port Power because they are cash strapped and don't pay to play in the SNAFL because they're merged with the club that stabbed the SNAFL in the back. (china)

tl;dr

Port moved to the AFL.
My SNAFL team is irrelevant.
Waaah!

Quoted for accuracy and because I couldn't like it twice. Well summed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back