Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few selection headaches coming if Hill and Ballaz are right to go. If so, I'd be keen for;

In - Hill Ballaz Balic
Out - DPearce Sutcliffe Gray (inj)

Spurr Hamling Ibbo
Weller Johnson Hughes
Hill Neale Hill
Mundy Taberner Walters
Kersten McCarthy Ballaz
Sandi Fyfe Blakely
Balic Crozier Langdon Tucker

If Gray is all good, Tucker out

Few selection headaches coming if Hill and Ballaz are right to go. If so, I'd be keen for;

In - Hill Ballaz Balic
Out - DPearce Sutcliffe Gray (inj)

Spurr Hamling Ibbo
Weller Johnson Hughes
Hill Neale Hill
Mundy Taberner Walters
Kersten McCarthy Ballaz
Sandi Fyfe Blakely
Balic Crozier Langdon Tucker

If Gray is all good, Tucker out

Hughes can play Ibbo's role because Ibbo is cooked and a shadow of the 2015 player. Tucker takes Hughes spot at half back. also Balic played 4 finals last yr for Peel at Half Back and did well with each game. got to keep pumping games into the kids. Also if Grey is injured then give Luke Ryan a crack because he can definitely play Ibbo's role and a very good kick.

The way Martin danced around both Ibbo and Spurr on separate occasions was not good enough

Looks like 1 more week for Shill n Ballaz.

No change unless injury. Keen to see what Luke Ryan brings. Had a bit of hype around him on draft day, some predicting he would go early (2nd round)

Initially I was against Ballantyne coming straight back in but after a strong couple of games on return, Crozier hasn't impacted in the small-forward role the past two weeks and Walters' poor forward form has lead to him being moved to the midfield. Therefore, Ballantyne in for Crozier is pretty easy.

Initially I was against Ballantyne coming straight back in but after a strong couple of games on return, Crozier hasn't impacted in the small-forward role the past two weeks and Walters' poor forward form has lead to him being moved to the midfield. Therefore, Ballantyne in for Crozier is pretty easy.
I kind of agree , but wet weather and bad hammy really don't go well together. Both tanner smith and ueber injured their hammy on soggy field .

Carlton supporters seem confident on their board. I know they're not complete and utter dog s**t anymore but surely we can beat them this weekend?

Carlton supporters seem confident on their board. I know they're not complete and utter dog s**t anymore but surely we can beat them this weekend?

Pretty sure every single one of our opponent fan bases in our 5 wins was confident before we played them. Tigers was probably the most satisfying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ballas plays best once he finds form and his confidence grows. I think we could leave him in the 2nds until he starts hitting the scoreboard.

The bigger picture is that with all the experienced players in the side we produced performances like Rd's 1&2.
Being suddenly in contention is because we refreshed the team with some new faces.
I agree to a certain extent, but I doubt it's that simple in reality.
Not saying I'd change anything now, and not saying I want all the experienced players back (far from it) but I think that's a bit of an easy way to look at it.

Long way to go yet.

We'd be firm favourites at home atm, stronger if Hill and or Ballas come in. That said, they beat us at home last year and this year is very close.

They should be. For some reason the past few years we have struggled massively against them at Subi even when conventional wisdom has said we should smash them.

I assume it's on the back of them beating us here last year? I think it's going to be a tough game for us but they should realise we're a totally different team to last year. That game was the worst we've played since the Drum days I reckon. Not to say that Carlton haven't improved either, they definitely have, just not to the extent we have.

Pretty sure every single one of our opponent fan bases in our 5 wins was confident before we played them. Tigers was probably the most satisfying.
190c81e47199da5619c9dd00725fd751

I agree to a certain extent, but I doubt it's that simple in reality.
Not saying I'd change anything now, and not saying I want all the experienced players back (far from it) but I think that's a bit of an easy way to look at it.

Long way to go yet.
I'm not sure how else you can look at it. From about 2015 on the team went backwards in terms of confidence, moving the ball, playing on, executing skills. The team peaked.
Bringing in fresh blood who are young and daring with something to prove has energised the whole team and got out mojo back.
Always willing to hear alternate explanations but with respect you've challenged my analysis without providing an alternative one.
Its all good, I love a good discussion. Curious to hear what else you think is responsible for the change in team dynamics other than new personnel.

I kind of agree , but wet weather and bad hammy really don't go well together. Both tanner smith and ueber injured their hammy on soggy field .

Agreed. I don't worry as much about Ballas, being a tendon that was operated on, but Hill's was a hammy muscle tear and if we bring him back in the wet and he reinjures it I'll be feral

Agreed. I don't worry as much about Ballas, being a tendon that was operated on, but Hill's was a hammy muscle tear and if we bring him back in the wet and he reinjures it I'll be feral
Absulutely correct I know top 8 is important but rushing player back is a short term investment .I saw an opportunity to increase tucker game time the kid can play .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back