Unskilled jobs that pay well

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a forklift licence and pick up afternoon shift work (2pm - 10pm or thereabouts).
Typically go at high 30s to low 40s an hour depending on the work site.
One drawback is that a lot of it is "full time casual" so you miss out on sick leave, super etc and can get turfed pretty quickly if things slow down

Get a forklift licence and pick up afternoon shift work (2pm - 10pm or thereabouts).
One drawback is that a lot of it is "full time casual" so you miss out on sick leave, super etc and can get turfed pretty quickly if things slow down

And the time to upskill and get a better job. Probably a bigger sacrifice there.

I'm a forkdriver and do arvos
Get decent money if you get into a decent bigger company

People asking the wrong question. It's now what's under skilled but how much is "pay well". Everyone has different ideas.

I'd say any basic task on mine site in wa though they are extremely rare these days.
Also anything with a danger allowance attached to it.

People asking the wrong question. It's now what's under skilled but how much is "pay well". Everyone has different ideas.

I'd say any basic task on mine site in wa though they are extremely rare these days.
Also anything with a danger allowance attached to it.
probably depends on age too. the below is what i'd consider pay well.

25-30/70-100k is decent
31-35/100-125k
35+/125+

Starting your own business.
Zuckerberg, Gates and Jobs all did well for themselves after dropping out of college.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep but only up to about four stories. Won't get me hanging off the side of a skyscraper.

You?
I used to be a ropey. These day I have a decent crew and haven't abseiled for close to ten years. What is your business called?

some guys work there 5+ years

and still have to wait for a phone call the night before to know if they have work tomorrow ..

MUA really really dropped the ball the last 20 years to go from a position where they controlled hiring to the current situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back