Yassmin abdel magid

Remove this Banner Ad

posts and attitudes like yours are why people voted for trump.

how do you not understand that?
Because that's just a fantasy right-wingers tell themselves so they don't have to examine how sh*t Trump is (and the fact their BS helped get him elected).

Anyway, I can't remember what we argued about last time, but wasn't it clear that we could barely agree on a point to start conversing from, let alone agree on whatever issue it was?

posts and attitudes like yours are why people voted for trump.

how do you not understand that?
And here I am thinking that you seem to be a Trump fan based on your posts.
Think they call it transference or maybe it is called projection?
Can't decide, no matter.

Because that's just a fantasy right-wingers tell themselves so they don't have to examine how sh*t Trump is (and the fact their BS helped get him elected).

Anyway, I can't remember what we argued about last time, but wasn't it clear that we could barely agree on a point to start conversing from, let alone agree on whatever issue it was?

So much this Ratts.
Deadset not even an hour after the results were in and they were spouting this s**t.
It's almost as if they had it at the ready hey...........................................

100% flaker logic - "This is YOUR fault !! "
It's a tactic blokes who beat their missus frequently employ

#fakenews

America has plenty of checks and balances. And the "Military Industrial Complex" terminology you are using was coined by one of the Presidents you claim is a slave to it. The sort of lazy 'they're all the same' BS above is what helped get a grand numptee like Trump elected. It's no surprise that young people believe such guff as they don't know history, but a lot of the others who spew it simply refuse to accept the fact that not everyone wants to vote the way they want to vote. So they blame the media, Jews, the dumb, hidden conspirators, etc.
Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Republican President who had a distinguished career as a General in the American army and part of his farewell speech to the American people was:
"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction...

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence—economic, political, even spiritual—is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."
Dwight D. Eisenhower 17th of January, 1961.

This was from a Military man who knew exactly what was happening in American politics and where the power lay and he informed the citizens of the United States.

Let's fast forward a bit and look at the hero of what Bolt would call the "lefties", Obama. He tried to do some good things for the everyday citizens but he was a puppet of the American war machine just like all the Presidents before him and he became the Democratic nominee for President because he got the backing of the corrupt Democratic Party machine and with it, the monetary backing of same. You cannot be the President of the United States if you do not have the monetary backing of those who "make" Presidents: idealism is a good "selling point" but has nothing to do with being President.

This is a fact of life and a fact of American Political life which, as much as it upsets us and leaves a bitter taste in our mouths, is exactly what happens and to try and say that I am being intellectually lazy by intimating that the President's are "all the same", completely ignores the political processes in the United States.

Since the sixties, America's unbridled pursuit for world hegemony has been rampant regardless of who the President has been. It was mainly confined to central and South America before then but that was just practice for the big stage.

You are dead right that young people "don't know history" because some still hang onto this quaint notion that the United States is a free and democratic society. It is not and the sooner we pull our heads out of the sand and stop behaving like a bike rack for Uncle Sam, the far better off we will be and we may then see the world from a different perspective to the "good guy, bad guy" simplification that suits the warmongers.

Please understand that I'm not having a go at you. I too get really agitated when people say "they are all the same" when it comes to Australian politics and indeed, about a host of other countries and I jump to attention and try like buggery to get through to them that they are not "all the same". When it comes to the United States of America however, history tells us that no matter who is the President, the United States is the same beast.

Do people honestly think that Bernie Sanders or anyone remotely like him could win the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States?

The United States system of government as far as Presidents at least are concerned, is an absolute joke and it astounds me why people are so polite and accepting that the USA is actually a democracy.

The best way to explain it is that during the Soviet era, all the people in the regions/countries that made up the Soviet Union, they too had the vote just like in the USA of today, whereas their choice was between persons A, B, C, D etc who were all part of the Communist Party, in the USA, the choice is between person A who has been anointed by the Military Industrial Complex/Wall Street or person B, who has also been anointed by the Military Industrial Complex/Wall Street: no other candidate stands a chance!

What's the difference? When the President is elected, he(up until now), he or she are, for all intents and purposes, are dictators and they can do whatever the hell they like so long as it does not interfere with the Military or Wall Street, indeed, it is expected that decrees are made to further enhance these two dominant sectors, s**t like Obamacare and the rest, are just sideshow distractions not to the citizens affected mind you but in the scheme of things, the everyday citizens are just fodder for the wheels of the Military machine.
like i mentioned before, p'raps not this thread, the appatchik in the Brezhnev administration doing a study tour of the US during the heights of the cold war, and he asked his american chaperone/handler, how do you coordinate it and get everyone to publish the same s**t. heheheh. it is the agenda-setters. everyone falls in lockstep like a fascist platoon marching for mussolini

now, even tho i have used that anecdote, dozens of times, with a bit of la pussie noir sugar on it, it does sound a tad apocyphal. Now, I am sure there is a germ, a genesis, which accurately portrays this apparatchik-chaperone dialogue. I just give it a bit of blackcat sino whispers, and just cos I like to sound all hugh white, instead of china, i like to say sino like a wonk

edit: wait, I reckon it would have been khrushchev. can anyone spell his name in cyrillic? serious question. say the last line in the post above^ before I edited, and say it fast, with alacrity, and spin the last line in the phonetic drawl. then what do you get

can anyone spell brezhnev in cyrillic then, from the original post?

here is Orwell's original prologue essay to Animal Farm that never went to press, comparing the liberal free media with the totalitarian press in the east https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/orwells-proposed-introduction-to-animal-farm

Last edited:
Let's fast forward a bit and look at the hero of what Bolt would call the "lefties", Obama. He tried to do some good things for the everyday citizens but he was a puppet of the American war machine just like all the Presidents before him and he became the Democratic nominee for President because he got the backing of the corrupt Democratic Party machine and with it, the monetary backing of same. You cannot be the President of the United States if you do not have the monetary backing of those who "make" Presidents: idealism is a good "selling point" but has nothing to do with being President.

Obama http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/12/the-audacity-of-sleaze-profiles-in-corruption/
Sanders http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/07...sanders-longstanding-deal-with-the-democrats/
*I had never bothered seeking info on Sanders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Republican President who had a distinguished career as a General in the American army and part of his farewell speech to the American people was:
"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction...

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence—economic, political, even spiritual—is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."
Dwight D. Eisenhower 17th of January, 1961.

This was from a Military man who knew exactly what was happening in American politics and where the power lay and he informed the citizens of the United States.
Yeah, I know. That's why I just told you that it was a President that came up with the term. And as you can see from the full quote, he doesn't think that the Military Industrial complex is a problem per se, but that they should ensure it meshes well and is used for security and liberty.
That's a lie that echoes all the lefty conspiracy nonsense I mentioned in the post you were responding to. Obama was a hero to many people for being the walking evidence of 'the American dream'. Someone who came from a broken home, and through his smarts and the help of his community and family, he rose to the highest position in the land. 'Hope and change' is a fairly loose motherhood statement, but 'yes we can' was not meant to be. He was saying that the people could make a difference. Unfortunately a lot of the people did not vote in mid-terms or pressure congress in order to make the 'change' that they may have voted for. A President's powers are limited despite your lies about them operating as a Dictator. The fact you're lying shows how weak your argument really is.
This is a fact of life and a fact of American Political life which, as much as it upsets us and leaves a bitter taste in our mouths, is exactly what happens and to try and say that I am being intellectually lazy by intimating that the President's are "all the same", completely ignores the political processes in the United States.
No. You are ignoring the political processes by calling Presidents Dictators. Which they are not.
Since the sixties, America's unbridled pursuit for world hegemony has been rampant regardless of who the President has been. It was mainly confined to central and South America before then but that was just practice for the big stage.
More lies. America did treat the Americas poorly, but still does not control them. That much should be clear to even a casual observer. They fought Communism across the world, and undoubtedly their desire to sell into the regions of the world was part of thatm, because Communist entities tried to build all their own things - like happened with bad results in the Soviet Empire. 'Empire'? You mean other political systems and countries throw their weight around too! Shock horror! Australia is a part of US 'hegemony'. Is that due to the US arm-wrestling us. No. It's due to us sucking up to them. We want their military cooperation in times of War. And War does happen. Despite what lefties think is possible if we all say 'kumbaya'. In case you missed it, some people even think economic cooperation is a far more likely way to get world peace. But, you know, that's pushed by the Americans. So it MUST be evil.
You are dead right that young people "don't know history" because some still hang onto this quaint notion that the United States is a free and democratic society. It is not and the sooner we pull our heads out of the sand and stop behaving like a bike rack for Uncle Sam, the far better off we will be and we may then see the world from a different perspective to the "good guy, bad guy" simplification that suits the warmongers.
Please explain. Who isn't 'free'? Who doesn't have Democracy via the vote or a free press? Criminals can't vote and minorities are over-represented in incarceration. That is a clear problem, which is being talked about. But then you think Obama is a criminal too, and attitudes like the above led to Trump getting in 'because all pollies are the same'.
Please understand that I'm not having a go at you. I too get really agitated when people say "they are all the same" when it comes to Australian politics and indeed, about a host of other countries and I jump to attention and try like buggery to get through to them that they are not "all the same". When it comes to the United States of America however, history tells us that no matter who is the President, the United States is the same beast.

Do people honestly think that Bernie Sanders or anyone remotely like him could win the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States?
Yes. Bernie could've easily won the nomination. A foreign entity went to the trouble of hacking the DNC's emails in order to see if there was some great conspiracy. There wasn't. There was just your bog standard politics that we know well from Australia, where some people support Abbott/Turnbull/Rudd/Gillard/Dutton/Albo/Shorten/Etc and they discuss how things might go down, possibly getting a slight advantage for their person here and there, but generally everything remains free. What nasty things did they do to Bernie? Schedule a debate at a less-popular time? When we all have the internet and scheduling means bugger all? What a joke.

If the American people wanted to vote to have a Govt like Canada or Australia, they could've done so many, many times. But they don't. They vote for Trump and Bush. And then people say Bernie could've won. Well, Hillary and Gore both got more votes. But Red states still voted Red and it was close enough to mean Trump and Bush could steal it via the College. People play Fantasy Football and say Bernie could've got the Rust Belt, but there wasn't any attack on him beyond the powder puff stuff in the DNC debates (he was soft on Hilary too). The odds of Bernie winning were substantially longer than the odds of him being called a traitor communist who won't be able to get anything done in a divided congress while he taxes you to death. And the alt-right would be busy calling him a part of the Jewish conspiracy while the hard left swallowed Russia's lies about the Democrats being totes corrupt for Hillary, so why wouldn't they do the same with Sanders? You can see from Blackcat's link that the hard left were already saying he sold out. See how many states go Blue off the back of months and months of all that sh*t being flung, while America's version of a 'centrist' which is far more centre-right than we're used to quietly decides they don't want to be taxed more.

Everyone has gotten a lot dumber because we're distracted by the internet and the media has lost so much money that they don't do cover everything with good detail anymore. 'The left' has been effected by this as much as 'the right' - both can be easily manipulated. America is not a military dictatorship and Climate Change is not a Chinese hoax.

Learning your country and it's allies aren't pure driven snow is an important step, often taken around Year 8/9. There are more steps.
Every organisation everywhere that has been around for any length of time has had bad eggs. That does not equate to "All the intelligence and law enforcement organizations of the U.S. are corrupt". Obviously.

Yeah, I know. That's why I just told you that it was a President that came up with the term. And as you can see from the full quote, he doesn't think that the Military Industrial complex is a problem per se, but that they should ensure it meshes well and is used for security and liberty.

That's a lie that echoes all the lefty conspiracy nonsense I mentioned in the post you were responding to. Obama was a hero to many people for being the walking evidence of 'the American dream'. Someone who came from a broken home, and through his smarts and the help of his community and family, he rose to the highest position in the land. 'Hope and change' is a fairly loose motherhood statement, but 'yes we can' was not meant to be. He was saying that the people could make a difference. Unfortunately a lot of the people did not vote in mid-terms or pressure congress in order to make the 'change' that they may have voted for. A President's powers are limited despite your lies about them operating as a Dictator. The fact you're lying shows how weak your argument really is.

No. You are ignoring the political processes by calling Presidents Dictators. Which they are not.

More lies. America did treat the Americas poorly, but still does not control them. That much should be clear to even a casual observer. They fought Communism across the world, and undoubtedly their desire to sell into the regions of the world was part of thatm, because Communist entities tried to build all their own things - like happened with bad results in the Soviet Empire. 'Empire'? You mean other political systems and countries throw their weight around too! Shock horror! Australia is a part of US 'hegemony'. Is that due to the US arm-wrestling us. No. It's due to us sucking up to them. We want their military cooperation in times of War. And War does happen. Despite what lefties think is possible if we all say 'kumbaya'. In case you missed it, some people even think economic cooperation is a far more likely way to get world peace. But, you know, that's pushed by the Americans. So it MUST be evil.

Please explain. Who isn't 'free'? Who doesn't have Democracy via the vote or a free press? Criminals can't vote and minorities are over-represented in incarceration. That is a clear problem, which is being talked about. But then you think Obama is a criminal too, and attitudes like the above led to Trump getting in 'because all pollies are the same'.

Yes. Bernie could've easily won the nomination. A foreign entity went to the trouble of hacking the DNC's emails in order to see if there was some great conspiracy. There wasn't. There was just your bog standard politics that we know well from Australia, where some people support Abbott/Turnbull/Rudd/Gillard/Dutton/Albo/Shorten/Etc and they discuss how things might go down, possibly getting a slight advantage for their person here and there, but generally everything remains free. What nasty things did they do to Bernie? Schedule a debate at a less-popular time? When we all have the internet and scheduling means bugger all? What a joke.

If the American people wanted to vote to have a Govt like Canada or Australia, they could've done so many, many times. But they don't. They vote for Trump and Bush. And then people say Bernie could've won. Well, Hillary and Gore both got more votes. But Red states still voted Red and it was close enough to mean Trump and Bush could steal it via the College. People play Fantasy Football and say Bernie could've got the Rust Belt, but there wasn't any attack on him beyond the powder puff stuff in the DNC debates (he was soft on Hilary too). The odds of Bernie winning were substantially longer than the odds of him being called a traitor communist who won't be able to get anything done in a divided congress while he taxes you to death. And the alt-right would be busy calling him a part of the Jewish conspiracy while the hard left swallowed Russia's lies about the Democrats being totes corrupt for Hillary, so why wouldn't they do the same with Sanders? You can see from Blackcat's link that the hard left were already saying he sold out. See how many states go Blue off the back of months and months of all that sh*t being flung, while America's version of a 'centrist' which is far more centre-right than we're used to quietly decides they don't want to be taxed more.

Everyone has gotten a lot dumber because we're distracted by the internet and the media has lost so much money that they don't do cover everything with good detail anymore. 'The left' has been effected by this as much as 'the right' - both can be easily manipulated. America is not a military dictatorship and Climate Change is not a Chinese hoax.

Learning your country and it's allies aren't pure driven snow is an important step, often taken around Year 8/9. There are more steps.

Every organisation everywhere that has been around for any length of time has had bad eggs. That does not equate to "All the intelligence and law enforcement organizations of the U.S. are corrupt". Obviously.
You come across as a blithering fool, I'm sorry to say.

To begin with, the President of the United States can appoint whoever he or she wants to run the most important offices in the land. Jokers who were never elected! Not dictatorship? How about being able to sack whoever the President wants without any recourse to a Parliament, not dictatorial?

The best one of the lot though would have been, if not for the rest of the vomitous garbage you wrote, was : More lies. America did treat the Americas poorly, but still does not control them. That is just so embarrassing and shows just how lacking in knowledge you are.

Your posts go round and round in circles. No matter how hard you try to paint America as a bastion of hope, liberty and free enterprise, you have no chance of doing so because the evidence of their doings condemn them, for f***'s sake, you aren't even able to interpret Eisenhower's speech correctly!

Read this bit again and pay attention! "Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together." The president was saying be alert and active otherwise we will lose our liberties and democratic processes and that has exactly what has happened, history tells us so! Wake up!

Lol talk about openly bringing anti-Australian values into the country. If she doesn't like it then she can get out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back