South East FNL - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Aisake lifting TD.
Really good to see The Redbacks fielding a team and being semi competitive.
Great whenever Narre lose.

From the coverage sounded like Aisake played pretty well.

The redbacks were ok in patches, just couldn't sustain it and ran out of legs in the end.

Agree on Narre!!

No upsets this week. Doveton ran Cranbourne close for three quarters before falling by 4 goals. Officer beat the Redbacks by 15 goals, Beacy were too strong for the Lions and Narre bounced back with an 8 goals win over the seagulls.

From the coverage sounded like Aisake played pretty well.

The redbacks were ok in patches, just couldn't sustain it and ran out of legs in the end.

Agree on Narre!!

At the Tooradin vs Narre game on Saturday, i must say Aisake was very disappointing and was beaten in the ruck battle against the young raw Narre ruckman.

Heard he played alright from various people there.

Maybe i was just expecting a lot more out of him but definitely didn't play a great game. Also the Pakenham Gazette article reviewing the game mentions he was nullified by the Narre ruckman.

Good work. Of interest Who is the young Narre ruckman?

He is Jayden Bubb. New to Narre this season. Was on Frankston Dolphins list last year, only played development league and played at Hallam as a home club.

Very tall and solid kid and showing potential. Actually had Aisake for height.

Sth east going for a night grand final this year at Casey fields,s**t this could get ugly late in the night.

No upsets in Round 5, although Officer had to come from behind at half time to defeat the Seagulls down at Westernport. Berwick led Narre in a tight match for most of the day before kicking away in the last quarter. Narre very wasteful in front of goal early on. Regulation wins for Beaconsfield and Doveton.

He is Jayden Bubb. New to Narre this season. Was on Frankston Dolphins list last year, only played development league and played at Hallam as a home club.

Very tall and solid kid and showing potential. Actually had Aisake for height.

Went down to Kalora park on saturday & was interested to see what he was like. Huge unit, both height and weight. Unfoirtunately, went off injured early in the 3rd qtr (at least I assume he was). Has a lot of potential, but needs to a) jump at the ruck contests, he barely got off the ground and as a result was jumped over for a lot of the day. If he develops a decent leap, no one will get near him. b) Do more around the grounds. For a big unit he didn't do a lot. Having said that, he is young and raw, so there's a lot to work with.

Sth east going for a night grand final this year at Casey fields,s**t this could get ugly late in the night.

Yes, be interested to see what sort of Police presence is organised. The last two years at Officer have been top notch, not sure why they'd do this other than publicity.

Doesn't grand final day clash with AFL preliminary final weekend generally?
If so, why on earth would they want that? They had clear air in the afternoon. Bizarre if it's the case

Doesn't grand final day clash with AFL preliminary final weekend generally?
If so, why on earth would they want that? They had clear air in the afternoon. Bizarre if it's the case
Seems strange mate but I guess they think they will get a better gate,not sure playing at Casey fields at night will help that much specially if its cold,wet and windy out there(whitch it is a lot).I believe they've been hurt a bit last couple of years by clashing with ellinbank granny who have had big crowds.

No upsets in Round 5, although Officer had to come from behind at half time to defeat the Seagulls down at Westernport. Berwick led Narre in a tight match for most of the day before kicking away in the last quarter. Narre very wasteful in front of goal early on. Regulation wins for Beaconsfield and Doveton.

Narre very wasteful on Saturday as you said. Having said that Berwick looked a lot cleaner and slick. Narre had to work so much harder for their goals.

Inter-league this week. A lot have pulled out of the squad leaving it looking very light compared to the last 4-5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down to Kalora park on saturday & was interested to see what he was like. Huge unit, both height and weight. Unfoirtunately, went off injured early in the 3rd qtr (at least I assume he was). Has a lot of potential, but needs to a) jump at the ruck contests, he barely got off the ground and as a result was jumped over for a lot of the day. If he develops a decent leap, no one will get near him. b) Do more around the grounds. For a big unit he didn't do a lot. Having said that, he is young and raw, so there's a lot to work with.

Yes, be interested to see what sort of Police presence is organised. The last two years at Officer have been top notch, not sure why they'd do this other than publicity.
Ive only seen a few games this year so not completely over it. Who's your prediction to play off (and premier?) at this stage?

Ive only seen a few games this year so not completely over it. Who's your prediction to play off (and premier?) at this stage?

At this stage Berwick and one of Narre & Cranbourne in the GF. Berwick would be favorites at this stage, though they'd beaten both Cranny & Narre this time last season too. Lot to play out, including whether or not Holt makes a meaningful return to the eagles line up.

Agree, Berwick look to be favourite at this early stage. A part from Cranny and Narre, Beacy and Doves have decent lists and have played some good games so far. But you would think one of Cranny and Narre will time their run well and be playing good footy at the right time of the year.

So i predict... Berwick finish top and go straight through to GF. Cranny vs Narre in Prelim with winner being whoever times their run better and in form come finals. Then from there as we have seen before anything can happen in the big dance.

Round 6 results raised a few eyebrows.

Doves won in what I would say is an upset over Beacy
Berwick and Cranny would of been expected to win more convincingly over Paky and Officer.
Narre 200+ over HP was a thumping, HP first quarter was good but that was it.

I am interested to hear from anyone about:
Doves - how did they beat Beacy?
Berwick & Cranny - Both not convincing?

Round 6 results raised a few eyebrows.

Doves won in what I would say is an upset over Beacy
Berwick and Cranny would of been expected to win more convincingly over Paky and Officer.
Narre 200+ over HP was a thumping, HP first quarter was good but that was it.

I am interested to hear from anyone about:
Doves - how did they beat Beacy?
Berwick & Cranny - Both not convincing?
Had work commitments and couldn't get to any games. Holt finally back I see.
My mate said Berwick should've been 8-10 goals up at half time but for bad kicking.

Had work commitments and couldn't get to any games. Holt finally back I see.
My mate said Berwick should've been 8-10 goals up at half time but for bad kicking.

Yeah 12.19 not great conversion.

The Doves win not as much of an upset as it my have been last year. They've recruited well and are one of the few sides with a ruckman who can compete with meyer. How did Holt go?

Hi guys, does anyone no what the AFL commision is going to do with divisional football yet? Are HP staying or leaving?

All club presidents put in their requests last week. Now a waiting game. I believe which ever option is chosen HP will be happy.

The 2 divisional options would have them playing other lower ranked teams from SEFNL, Peninsula and Nepean. Ranking being based on the clubs overall performance over the past 5 years, including Netball.

If its a no for Divisions, the other option had SEFNL being only 8 clubs with HP out of the league.

All club presidents put in their requests last week. Now a waiting game. I believe which ever option is chosen HP will be happy.

The 2 divisional options would have them playing other lower ranked teams from SEFNL, Peninsula and Nepean. Ranking being based on the clubs overall performance over the past 5 years, including Netball.

If its a no for Divisions, the other option had SEFNL being only 8 clubs with HP out of the league.

Hope they go the divisional road, would hate to see HP go.

The weekend's games all went the way of the favorites. TD tried all day against Berwick but were never in the hunt (bumped into Sheed's whilst there!)
Beacy thumped Officer to jump into third. Narre had a tight battle with the Doves all day before pulling away in the last (4? players sent off, be interesting to see what comes of that) and Cranny comfortably accounting for the Lions. HP with the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back