Opinion Round 10 Changes vs. Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently (according to the Adelaide board), we're the 'worst supporters in the league' and 'pretty bloody annoying'. Ok fellas, now I hope we embarrass you on your home turf. Campaigners.

Seriously? I doubt it. Have hardly heard anyone complain about you guys on a week to week basis. Obviously Port #1. No love for Geelong or Hawthorn. You guys didnt take drugs - performance enhancing or recreationally ;). Your not part of an AFL masterplan to take over the North East of the country at the expense of everyone else. You dont fit into the Vic Bias narrative that I personally subscribe to. I think your just the guys we're playing this week.

On the game, my gut says you guys are going to take it. We are travelling horribly including the first quarter against Brisbane. Eventually finding a touch of form against the bottom team doesnt inspire me with confidence.

I had written you guys off completely after your first 2. But now your flying and for mine Neale is the form player of the competition. For some reason I dont think this game will be close as we both seem to have teams of confidence players. Either you will blow us out of the water or we will blow you guys out of the water. My tip is 40 points. Dont know to who.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm excited that this could finally be the end of Spurr. He's survivee because of our lack if depth, but what looms as a royal touch up from Edward himself will hopefully be enough to slap some sense into Ross ala r2.

I've also not seen Ryan play but every time I've seen his wafl stats since he ' played it's looked like he's killed it, so would like to see him brought in for a player like Sutcliffe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm excited that this could finally be the end of Spurr. He's survivee because of our lack if depth, but what looms as a royal touch up from Edward himself will hopefully be enough to slap some sense into Ross ala r2.
End of Spurr? He is needed this week. He could be the difference between Eddie kicking 5 or 8...

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Seriously? I doubt it. Have hardly heard anyone complain about you guys on a week to week basis. Obviously Port #1. No love for Geelong or Hawthorn. You guys didnt take drugs - performance enhancing or recreationally ;). Your not part of an AFL masterplan to take over the North East of the country at the expense of everyone else. You dont fit into the Vic Bias narrative that I personally subscribe to. I think your just the guys we're playing this week.

On the game, my gut says you guys are going to take it. We are travelling horribly including the first quarter against Brisbane. Eventually finding a touch of form against the bottom team doesnt inspire me with confidence.

I had written you guys off completely after your first 2. But now your flying and for mine Neale is the form player of the competition. For some reason I dont think this game will be close as we both seem to have teams of confidence players. Either you will blow us out of the water or we will blow you guys out of the water. My tip is 40 points. Dont know to who.
Maybe you should read your changes thread :). I'm actually feeling more confident this week than last. We tend to rise to the challenge. Freo by 10.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I thought Hughes has been one of our best ball users/ best defender out of defence in the last couple of weeks. Seems to play better in the afl than WAFL
He's barely had a touch for a rebound defender and turns it over. Still looks like a rabbit in the headlights

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
He's barely had a touch for a rebound defender and turns it over. Still looks like a rabbit in the headlights

Horse s**t. He was very assured with the ball and had more disposals than all other rebounding defenders bar Johnson who had one more disposal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
The best thing about Hughes is he has gotten better with every game, clearly a good run at it and confidence is enabling him to show his potential. He will be a real find for us unlike you who is still trying to troll and failing at it.

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have been impressed with Hughes disposal which I have been focusing on during games. Isn't prone to clangers like the rest of our defenders, including Weller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Game will follow a predictable pattern: We'll have a s**t first quarter and depending on the margin at QT we may have a chance.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently (according to the Adelaide board), we're the 'worst supporters in the league' and 'pretty bloody annoying'. Ok fellas, now I hope we embarrass you on your home turf. Campaigners.

I've had a quick look at their board and mostly read insightful comments regarding Walters, Billy and Silly to tear them apart. They also have good memories regarding the form Fyfe and Walters have had over there recently, with some predicting a very close game and/or loss. In fact I was amazed at their lack of confidence regarding this weekend.

I did only read the first two pages though - I still have nightmares of reading something written by Jangofett; the worst poster of all time.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
In regards to this game:

• The chief concern naturally is the 6-day break, and the incredible bruising quality of the match we just played. We're going to have a lot of sore bodies and I wonder if half the squad will even get out of 1st gear at training today. I believe we need to bring back in Ballantyne for this match (if fit).
  • Walters has terrific form over there, but we still need him to dominate in the midfield and a crumber will be absolutely vital this game - seeing as Adelaide have two. His form may have been questionable the last two seasons but he will bring a level of fire and passion surely needed.
  • Like Richmond, we have pretty good form over in Adelaide. We played them twice last year during our anus horribulus so that barely counts, but in 2015 we won a corker of a contest which saw one of the most epic showdowns I've ever seen in recent years - Fyfe v Dangerfield. In 2013 we won a slugger by 7 points in the wet. We also match up well on them at home too.
  • We have guys that can carve it up at Adelaide: Fyfe, Walters, Neale, Billy, Silly, Mundy and more - we have some youngsters in good form and if we can put in a full four quarter, composed effort and even even spread of on-field individual success then we'll go a long way in winning this match. The clearances and the midfield is everything, how do you stop Cameron and Betts? Give them less forward 50 opportunities, get our lightning-quick midfielders to lock it our forward half. We have to choke them our here, because they won't needed anyone near as much forward 50 entries to score than we will.
I'm hoping for a good, tight-match - I want us to take our away-form confidence over here and believe until the last minute we can compete with the very best of the competition. If we can do that then we are truly on the right track, win or lose.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Yep every game.
I have watch every game since the dockers inception.
I think he has been pretty solid most weeks. Every now and then he has been responsible for a goal but all in all he has been good. I am only defending him due to the inordinate amount of scapegoating each week. We are 6 and 3 not 0 and 9.

Please tell me this week what he did wrong to warrant the axe?
I'm pleased you have defended him. Makes for a healthy, respectful debate. Cudos to you for that.

I suppose, where I'm coming from is that when Ibbo hacked it out of bounds on the full early in the game gifting the Blues a 2 - 0 start, nobody around me was even surprised. It was like we all just accepted that he'd cost us a goal or two at some stage, so better it was early in the game.

Why? Suttcliffe was dropped for poor disposal, as was Tucker, Logue, Dawson and Suban. Ibbo just keeps rolling up without having to go back and fix that part of his game. It's nonsense.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe you should read your changes thread :). I'm actually feeling more confident this week than last. We tend to rise to the challenge. Freo by 10.

Like I said, I think your just the guys we're playing this week. I am sure there is plenty of banter. But your not a club that I have noticed any animosity towards in general. I am glad your feeling confident, because I'm not.

mayne man

Senior List
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is averaging 15 touches, that's not barely touching it and he isn't really a rebound defender. The kid has been awesome in the last 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back