Past Jessica Wuetschner (2016-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

df45963ea6089c336e97008d71b0940e.png

Originally from Tasmania, Jess Wuestchner has spent the last three years playing for East Fremantle and has played two exhibition matches for the Western Bulldogs. Wuestchner is a small half forward/midfielder with elite kicking skills and is one of the best left-footers in the competition.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/7cd1bf6931533a9ef89f4194337bd805

Success for Jessica Wuetschner, Emma Humphries and Ellyse Gamble in first AFL women’s draft

TASMANIA has exceeded expectations in the first AFL women’s draft, with four local players making the cut.

Wuetschner, formerly of Clarence, was the first Tasmanian drafted when Brisbane selected her with pick 34 in the fifth round.

Dream comes true as four Tasmanian women make first national AFL draft

Former Clarence player Jess Wuetschner was the first Tasmanian picked at number 34 by Brisbane.

Jess Wuetschner starred at Clarence, but moved to Western Australia to play for East Fremantle to build her draft profile.

She was in talks with Brisbane before the draft, but the mid-fielder said her selection was not a sure thing.

"To say my heart was beating at a million miles an hour was an understatement, but once my name got called I was able to relax and watch everyone else," she said.

Wuetschner was proud to make history as the first Tasmanian selected and said the draft came sooner than expected.

"So for it to be happening next year in 2017, giving us older people a bit of a look into a longer career and hopefully pave the way for the rest of the juniors coming through."

Jessica Wuetschner tells why it's not easy being a female footballer

I HAVE played football for eight years, not counting the weekends of running around on the field at halftime for 20 years in Tasmania trying to prove that I can play, too.

Football is my life. I’ve planned around it for a long time, especially the past three years with East Fremantle in the WAWFL, Western Australia’s premier women’s football competition.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-05-17/nine-aflw-stars-locked-in

The Brisbane Lions have finalised paperwork with the AFL today to secure nine of their AFL Women's players who have re-signed with the Club.

The Club has also retained grand final players Brittany Gibson, Breanna Koenen, Tahlia Randall, Jamie Stanton, Sharni Webb, Jessica Wuetschner and Alexandra Anderson.

Gibson and Weutschner, both recruited from Tasmania, have relocated to Brisbane and are playing for Coorparoo in the QWAFL during the off-season.

Jess Wuetschner was also named in the 2017 Virgin Australia AFL Women's All Australia squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping she gets an off field role with the club. It'd be a huge shame to lose her.
Based on her partners comments on the clubs Instagram post about it there might be a bit of resentment between the parties...

Woosh off to Essendon!
Watch her kick 6 against us in a final!
For starters, they won’t be making finals.
And secondly, she won’t get near the ball when she plays against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back