Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

The "litmus test" (phrase of the week) is when you are backpacking overseas and meet another Australian and ask them where they are from. Perth people will say "Perth", Melbourne people "Melbourne" etc. People from Sydney will say "Vaucluse" or "Mosman" or "Glebe" without a hint of irony, they actually expect people from everywhere else in the country to know which suburb of Sydney they are talking about

Now you mention it I believe I have had that experience with Sydneysiders before.

Say what? I lived in Sydney for 10 years, they are the most self-obsessed people you could meet. They all agree with Keating when he said if you are not living in Sydney, you are camping out
The "litmus test" (phrase of the week) is when you are backpacking overseas and meet another Australian and ask them where they are from. Perth people will say "Perth", Melbourne people "Melbourne" etc. People from Sydney will say "Vaucluse" or "Mosman" or "Glebe" without a hint of irony, they actually expect people from everywhere else in the country to know which suburb of Sydney they are talking about
Hah!

These two dudes, one was a ******* tool who would not stop belittling a friend he'd considered his best for near on 20 years, were from Coogee and I kept asking where they meant. This was after a few Estrellas and they were telling me the streets and shops and what end of the beach... because I mentioned I grew up in WA I thought they were trying to be specific and tell me. 'So Rockingham or South Freo side?' I kept asking...

Hah!

These two dudes, one was a ******* tool who would not stop belittling a friend he'd considered his best for near on 20 years, were from Coogee and I kept asking where they meant. This was after a few Estrellas and they were telling me the streets and shops and what end of the beach... because I mentioned I grew up in WA I thought they were trying to be specific and tell me. 'So Rockingham or South Freo side?' I kept asking...
Coogee and Bondi "dudes" are insufferable.

A mate contacted me today to say the Zempilas mentioned this morning that the reason Balic went home is that his parents were not happy with his living arrangements , ie sharing a house with the other HB.
I didn't hear it but has anyone got any further details on this?

A mate contacted me today to say the Zempilas mentioned this morning that the reason Balic went home is that his parents were not happy with his living arrangements , ie sharing a house with the other HB.
He told the club he was not in the right head space (not his words). No mention was made to the club about anyone else or his parents being unhappy.

Basil can't even get players names correct when he commentates.

Grain of salt.

Thats one shitty, nasty hurtful rumour. Zempilas is a total turd. I hope the club or the Harley's sue the prick.

Thats one shitty, nasty hurtful rumour. Zempilas is a total turd. I hope the club or the Harley's sue the prick.
As nasty a rumour as the one you started about Ryan Crowley having depression and thus missing training/being axed?

Bit evil to say someone has an issue like that when he was just a dickhead being dumb.

Especially coming on here and acting as though being a training pest was akin to being CEO and you knew.

Very rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it. It was basically that. That his parents didn't like him living with Bennell. At the time I figured it was 1 + 1 = 3 and ignored it

As nasty a rumour as the one you started about Ryan Crowley having depression and thus missing training/being axed?

Bit evil to say someone has an issue like that when he was just a dickhead being dumb.

Especially coming on here and acting as though being a training pest was akin to being CEO and you knew.

Very rich.

Yo brah!

When has Salim been a training pest? He sits quietly in a public space and watches on. He doesn't interfere with the club.

He doesn't claim CEO rank yet you begrudge him for whatever reason

Hope that rant made you feel better.

I want to believe but you will have to earn the right to be 'liked' after that little slip up hahah.

Needs to be asked the two questions :-

1. Should Clive be given the title "Sir" or "Saint". Please discuss.

2. The Demolition Derby, what resulted. Please discuss

Find the state comparisons quite interesting actually - I have a young family and most of my partner's family are in Melbourne and we've often tossed up the idea of a move.

Whenever we've gone there we've had a blast in regards to entertainment and food culture, can't beat a night out at the footy or the races and the pub-run that follows. What actually put us off this Christmas is catching up with some friends who'd moved from Perth to the outer suburbs (all they could afford) and it was... bland as hell. According to them you tend not to visit the CBD as often as you'd like after the first few months when you're out in the sticks + its expensive to keep that lifestyle up long-term (despite cheap coffee/food). Moreover the shitty weather meant they spent the majority of their time indoors - they were looking at a move back.

When we came home after Xmas everything seemed more special here, especially all the stuff we could do with our child - the beaches, bushwalks, kayaking in the river, Bickley/Swan Valley wineries, trips down south... Fremantle, the City and Vic Park always seems to keep us entertained as well.

Can't compare to Melbourne's glorious culture and entertainment lifestyle, but this place fits a great deal more for me..

Couldn't agree more, love Melbourne for a visit but always happy to come home. Currently on my third tour of Europe and loving the culture, beer price and history (Prague at the moment) but will always be grateful when I get back because I genuinely can't find a better lifestyle than Perth. We have a remarkably beautiful state and endless room.

Based on Instagram, those two are besties

If they are good mates then that's cool and I understand why he may have wanted to move in with Bennell.

Something may have happened for his parents to want him home and nit living with Bennell Whatever the situation I'd love him to stay but that's wishful thinking I guess

If true about the living arrangement of HB x 2 then I'm a little concerned.
Bennell has a history, it's long ago and minor but still - is it prudent of the club to allow a youngster to bunk down with him ?
I'm not so concerned about Bennell himself but more so the external characters likely to be around which I don't imagine are all model citizens.
Having lived in Mandurah I can confirm they are few and far between....

Yo brah!

When has Salim been a training pest? He sits quietly in a public space and watches on. He doesn't interfere with the club.

He doesn't claim CEO rank yet you begrudge him for whatever reason

Hope that rant made you feel better.

Don't worry JMT, he is on ignore. I don't bother with s**t .

Basil is a narcissistic sociopath. He creates linear progressions from one unrelated instance to another then creates the illusion that it's correct. Remember how many times Pav was unhappy with Freo and was leaving... Remember the Hate Fyfe club bs last year? He throws darts and misses but because he's so far up his on arse he coughs up his bowels he believes his own crap.

Basil is nothing more then a bottom feeding journalist who smugly creates his own fantasies. Remember he was the one who CONFIRMED Ballas would be at WC this year. Anything he has to say has 0 merit to me. The problem is now it'll be picked up somewhere else and so on and so on. Basil knows that he doesn't need to be correct to have a story, he just needs to be first.

Basil is a narcissistic sociopath. He creates linear progressions from one unrelated instance to another then creates the illusion that it's correct. Remember how many times Pav was unhappy with Freo and was leaving... Remember the Hate Fyfe club bs last year? He throws darts and misses but because he's so far up his on arse he coughs up his bowels he believes his own crap.

Basil is nothing more then a bottom feeding journalist who smugly creates his own fantasies. Remember he was the one who CONFIRMED Ballas would be at WC this year. Anything he has to say has 0 merit to me. The problem is now it'll be picked up somewhere else and so on and so on. Basil knows that he doesn't need to be correct to have a story, he just needs to be first.

I wouldn't dispute any of this but was listening in the car on the way to work. The bit about HB and HB was brought up by a caller into 882s "rumour file". It wasn't Basil himself.

Was it one of Basil's payrolled 'Rumour File' contributors.

Lyon said yesterday he was in Melbourne 'recovering'...whatever that may mean??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back