The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These commentators.

We're missing Henderson, Coutinho, Can, Wijnaldum from midfield. Might have more to do with midfield crap in second half. Also we have a pensioner playing in central midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So according to Paul Joyce, these are the blokes we want:

VVD
Keita
Salah
Ox
Sessegnon
Four out of the five I wouldnt mind. Sessegnon, Keita and VVD would be great buys. Ox I think is the type of player Klopp could really develop. Would play deeper and if it's on the cheap I'm ok with it.

Salah is the one I'm not super keen on. He's had two pretty good years at Roma but he failed in England at Chelsea. Plus when you are linked to guys like Pulisic and Brandt then Salah feels like the runner up prize.

Looking at the players we've targeted/signed under Klopp during his time at the club, he seems to have a really clear idea of the style of player that he wants. After 6 years of (to put it politely) pretty inconsistent transfer strategy under Hodgson, Dalglish, Rodgers and associated transfer committee members, it's refreshing to see a more coherent approach.

And I'll tell you what. Van Dijk & Keita would be a cracking start to the summer if we could pull those two off. Keita in particular would be a really interesting signing. I've watched a bit of him over the last few weeks and while I'd heard him described as an exceptionally dynamic & mobile box-to-box midfielder, I was surprised to see how quick his feet are and how good he is at picking out a pass - not just knitting play together but splitting defenses too. Henderson/Can sweeping with Keita/Wijnaldum and Coutinho/Lallana playing the box-to-box positions would be a bloody exciting and very balanced group of midfielders.
Keita is an interesting one. Just as adept as playing DM as he is at AM. Probably why he is shoe horned into the box-to-box description. He really can play anywhere in midfield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back