Delisted 12. Wylie Buzza (2016-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't. Stanley has spent the last year bulking up so he can shoulder the brunt of ruck duties. Won't go any good at CHF for no longer than 10 minutes at a time while Zac Smith? Surely your joking

You're entitled to your opinion.

The club has done its due diligence, whatever that may be, when selecting Zac, so at this point I have no reason to believe they've made a bad call. You believe otherwise. Time will tell.

Stanley I believe will be very handy. Again, you believe otherwise. Time will tell on that too.

We also have a good fleet of runners to attack the goals. Selwood, Guthrie, Danger, Motlop, Cockatoo, Lang, Gregson & Co will be more than useful.

You're very pessimistic about everything to do with the GFC. I hope 2016 gives you cause to be more optimistic.

We certainly have options for tall players at either end of the ground.

So whilst I'd have liked Walker to stay I am quite indifferent to him not being here. He was OOC and sought other opportunities, best of luck to him but cripple the club his departure will not!

Nope, nothing against the guy, but I doubt his loss will be noticed really.

I don't. Stanley has spent the last year bulking up so he can shoulder the brunt of ruck duties. Won't go any good at CHF for no longer than 10 minutes at a time while Zac Smith? Surely your joking.
Henderson I can see but he will be needed at the other end as Lonergan will be on the decline.
I get the questions on ZS - but I think with a new club and environment he will get his groove back.

There was a post about ( rumour grated) the culture up there and a meeting of the players. Instead of leadership and bonding it turned into a FIGJAM session and rolled to then mot getting paid enough.

I just think that ZS will get a second wind at the GFC and while im not anointing him the 2nd coming - he could make a difference for us - partly because our #1 ruck recent history is non existant and by him just turning up its an improvement.

And im not ruling out Stanley either.

But again, each posters has their own opinions.

Go Catters

given what Hamling, Christensen, Varcoe and Hunt went on to do in 2015, fingers crossed Jansen and Walker don't amount to much at all then.
Mate. You've lost it.

If these guys are fit, Hawkins, Clarke, Blicavs, Vardy, Stanley, Smith.
In fact just 4 of them, how the hell does walker get a game?

I assume buz is an overlay selection. He might work, might not, but we'll need a player like him in 4 years.
You keep talking about regeneration then ignore what it actually consists of.

given what Hamling, Christensen, Varcoe and Hunt went on to do in 2015, fingers crossed Jansen and Walker don't amount to much at all then.

I initially thought Hamling was a loss but I would take Kolo any day of the week
Bundy left from his own doing , nothing to do with the Club.
Hunt - give him a pass on 2015 form but on balance a bit vanilla for mine.
Varcoe - we made the right call , looks like the Pies have rejuvenated him
Jansen - favourite of mine , good luck to him
Walker - really went backwards in 2015 , kicking for goal in the last few games was laughable
We have done well this off season , it was time to change it up - let's hope we give it a shake
Time for us all to look forward not moan about what might have been ;)

I too wasn't happy to see Walker go, but part reason may have been related to the salary cap and paying Henderson, Scooter etc.. Walker would not have been on big money, but it would have been more than a first year player.
Walker didn't go to Carlton because the terms weren't right.
His manager isn't dumb. He was at a dead end with us and being paid stuff all.

I'm not sure where all this excitement is coming from.
We just traded away a ready-made key forward in Walker and we have now brought in another one who will take about four years to finally start playing consistent footy.

What exactly have we gained here?
Is this kid going to be ready to play next season when Vardy or Clark are injured?

A future pick next year in a supposedly stronger draft. 5 years away from knowing if trading out Waker was the smartest thing to do.

lol
So Buzza will just slot into the CHF position whenever Vardy or Clark are missing and help us win games? :p

Go Buzza!!

Rather the latest influx of players than the 4 journeymen you claimed were such a great loss. We were going nowhere with those guys.
List is it's strongest in years.;) Buzz most likely a year away minimum, I think everybody understands that.

Last edited:
Is this kid going to be ready to play next season when Vardy or Clark are injured?

I'd say no to that....and I hope everyone realizes that, and understands that the Wylie Buzza bandwagon won't be leaving for a while yet. Overhyping the kid won't help him...

Looking at the photos, he's just a boy...nowhere near ready for the big show just yet.

Last edited:
Buzza duzza knee.

Danny Buzza,not sure if it's his dad or if that's Gordon Buzza also a pug.

Danny is Wylies Uncle. He became Australian super cruiserweight champ during his career. Above he fought Kali Meehan. Kali was robbed of a WT around the time of this fight with Dan, so Dan was in against a world class heavyweight.. Anyway Dan fought Kali twice. Both times fight was stopped 1st round due to injury. A thumb in the eye ended 1 of the fights, and a knee dislocation (or something) the 2nd time.

Wylies Dad, Gordon, (Dans brother) also fought in the ring. Had a few Am fights in NSW, and a few pros in QLD. Noel Thornberry, who recently trained Alex Leapai and took him to a WT shot vs Klitchko, is a life long friend of the Buzzas, and trained both Dan and Gordon. Both Brothers were very good RL players, more so than boxers, IMO. With the RL pathways in place these days, both would have been close to State cup, if not NRL standard.

Dan has a talented boy as well, but he aint going to switch to AFL, of that im pretty sure..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol reading this old thread and @ Bobby

Yep letting Walker and Jansen go really hurt us.. lol
Walker would be handy up forward. Brisbane haven't played him there because they want to pump every possible minute into Schache and Hipwood... and plus, who'd be a tall bloody forward for Brisbane with that supply?

Walker would be handy up forward.

Really?

Wouldn't get a run in our squad. A resident of spud city IMO.

Nice guy though from all accounts and a very good VFL player. That's as far as it goes though.

Last edited:
Walker would be handy up forward. Brisbane haven't played him there because they want to pump every possible minute into Schache and Hipwood... and plus, who'd be a tall bloody forward for Brisbane with that supply?
Not in my opinion he wouldn't .... he's a spud

He's got a bag of five and a few of four, you don't get that by being a TOTAL spud.
And Simon Beaumont once kicked 8 in a half for Carlton... ;)

I stand by my call!

And Simon Beaumont once kicked 8 in a half for Carlton... ;)

I stand by my call!
Yeah, but I do consider four or five good performances in the first 50-odd games for a big forward to be more indicative of quality than a one-off purple patch.

I'm not saying he's Tom Lynch, but he's not a total kipfler either.

Yeah, but I do consider four or five good performances in the first 50-odd games for a big forward to be more indicative of quality than a one-off purple patch.

I'm not saying he's Tom Lynch, but he's not a total kipfler either.
Reported for trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back