Preview Round 10: Western Bulldogs vs St.Kilda - Etihad Stadium (A), Saturday 27 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha - would love it if Carlisle went forward and kicked 5+
He kicked 8 against us when he played forward for Essendon.

Most Bulldog fans are completely confused by our team selection this week FWIW

Time for Big Paddy to get angry, crash packs and hurt people at the top level. Fire up big fella!
Yes start hurting other people and not hurting himself would be nice.
Also hurt the opposition on the scoreboard as well.
CMON PADDY:thumbsu:

How does one overrate the premier?

Do you think they were lucky to win the flag?
Sure do.
They weren't the best team last year.
Just very lucky to string 4 good games together while better teams choked.
And there 6 or so players different right now from that team.
Haven't impressed me what ive seen of them this year.

That said competition is very even. Not a lot between the top 10 teams.

As long as stringer doesn't have one of his bimonthly big games, their forward line shouldn't worry us. We'll be right in this. Paddy's job might end up being to run Wood wide and keep him out of it. Hope supporters understand if this happens and don't hate on him for poor stats. We might be counting on Gresh and Acres to score.

As long as stringer doesn't have one of his bimonthly big games, their forward line shouldn't worry us. We'll be right in this. Paddy's job might end up being to run Wood wide and keep him out of it. Hope supporters understand if this happens and don't hate on him for poor stats. We might be counting on Gresh and Acres to score.

Just get Minch to play at Paddys feet all day.

I don't see an obvious match up for Brown down back. Carlisle to take Boyd/English which would probably leave Stringer for Brown?

Brown to take either of them as was shown that he could keep up with Buddy. Gilbert to man up on Stringer and then when he goes into the ruck put roberton on him.

Would use Carlisle this week as the spare around the 50 so any long balls are intercepted.

I wish Paddy the best, I really do. Easton Wood though is just about my favourite player in the league at the moment. Love watching him play, but hope he doesn't shred us this week. I definitely came to like the Doggies a bit too much during that last finals series. Have to get over it at least for this weekend. Come on Saints!!!!

Just on that, was chatting with a buddy of mine about the Dogs popularity in the finals last year and the story of coming from seventh etc was great sure, but we agreed it had much more to do with who they beat- Eagles in Perth always a big ask, sending Hawks out in straight sets after their dominance, beating the plastics and delaying the inevitable for at least a year, then winning it against the Swans who many of us have some gripes with on cerrtain things.

It was almost as much enjoying the failures of who they beat than the wins themselves if that makes sense?

No leftover likeability for them this week from me. Another Jack Billings showreel and four points for us I reckon! Go Saints!

Let's just remember that Paddy will be lining up on the reigning Premiership FB in Easton Wood - who is no mug.
Unless Carlisle is playing forward, or Adams is playing forward himself, I very much doubt that, as Adams is an ideal match-up for Paddy and gave him a bath when he played on him in R2 last year.

Had 24 disposals and 3 contested marks, in just his 2nd game, while keeping Paddy very quiet.

Was the most anyone dominated on Paddy by far for the year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this week is the week Carlisle gets sent forward. It means he could also do a little bit of ruckwork.

Carlisle & Gilbert to swap roles. Gilbert to play back on Stringer, Carlisle to ruck, play back, fwd, where ever required.

Brown to take either of them as was shown that he could keep up with Buddy. Gilbert to man up on Stringer and then when he goes into the ruck put roberton on him.

Would use Carlisle this week as the spare around the 50 so any long balls are intercepted.
I don't think Brown was terrible against Buddy but he hardly beat him. Even taking into account that we were beaten soundly, Franklin definitely had the better of Brown IMO.

I don't think Brown was terrible against Buddy but he hardly beat him. Even taking into account that we were beaten soundly, Franklin definitely had the better of Brown IMO.

Buddy had lace out service all day against him. Done very well to keep him to just 4 goals.

Sorry if it's been asked already but I'm too busy with work to go back and read through everything but are people thinking Carlisle might push forward at some stage? Think this would be suited perfectly for him and Dogs can't cover all of McCartin, Membrey and Carlisle you'd think should he go down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back