2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be one week the sponsors logos are off the jumpers. A real sign of respect and make for better looking jumpers with the design and the "Recognise" logo.

Although this is the AFL and I suspect these jumpers have more to do with raisinng revenue through jumper sales than recognising Aboriginal culture and promoting the Recognise campaign. So they would keep the sponsors on them as they get exposure on the different jumpers when people buy them.

Might be a good question for Fagan. Would Toyota really mind if we took their logo off for next year's Indigenous Round match. Being the first club to do so would promote them more than the logo itself anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We should also show we're not in it for the revenue and offer to donate all the profits from sale of the indigenous round jumper to a related charity.

Port would have won had Robbie Gray tried to win the ball more and not play for frees. He's talented enough to beat his opponent fairly. His problem is he has built a reputation and the umps aren't falling for it anymore.

Arms thrown back at every opportunity last night

My biggest issue with Skilled is that not all teams have to travel there. When Collingwood, Hawks, Essendon etc have to play there too then fair enough. But it would be great for us to create the same sort of home ground advantage at Adelaide oval. Port losing there regularly doesn't help.

At least they don't get finals there

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/cha...k=95bfffdbed5502ae7ebb9922fe5914e2-1495719326

Just watched the video, the clock clearly goes down to zero while Dixon is still standing there motionless with the ball.

He tried to waste time, but was too stupid to kick the before the shot clock ran out.

The Dangerfield touched/not touched was questionable, but the Dixon one was totally the right call.

Am sending Charlie a present today - a watch and a clean set of undies

He was milking the clock -everyone does it but everyone else can obviously count

Stiff Chopsticks Charlie !
Kane Cornes sounded like he was close to tears on the radio, it was hilarious to listen to.
Might have to SoundCloud it

Will he listening to double d...h tonight for once !

Cmon mate ... AFC give plenty to related charities. We do heaps of work with the indigenous communities.
We give to Port via AFL distributions. ;)

Well seeing as Wobbie constantly plays for frees instead of going for the pill, I'd suggest he drops that s**t. It's not working. I'd suggest he starts to play some footy.
There was one great example last night where he had his arms out playing for a free while the ball was still in flight then had to quickly pull them back in to try and take the chest mark. Which he dropped.

It made him look pretty pathetic. If he had used his body instead of playing for the free he could have taken the mark.

S

Something that's crept into the game and it infuriates me because suddenly the ump will pull out a game-turning holding decision, and they don't usually go our way. Or Sloane and Eddie are held off the ball all day but as soon as they do it themselves they get pinged.

Yes. Shepherding at the contest occurs all the time. The umpires are paying it more frequently but still randomly. Annoying interpretations.

Look, I enjoy a heartbreaking PAPs loss more than the next guy, but do you reckon the media can stop this whole "Port refuse to blame the umpires" farce as somehow endorsing the umpires.

Port (or any other club) aren't blaming the umpires because the umpires are right. They aren't blaming the umpires because that's not good sportsmanship. The reason they (or any other club) don't blame the umps is because they aren't allowed to. Fat Andy made sure of it through fines or retribution by the umps later in the season.

I thought that was pretty simple to understand.

I think they said on the call last week that with the new stadium they're getting 9 games there. So more vic clubs will have to play there... mentioned Collingwood and one other won't, only half heard.

Collingwood travelling down the road toGeelong......is that the equivalent of an interstate trip for them?

Look, I enjoy a heartbreaking PAPs loss more than the next guy, but do you reckon the media can stop this whole "Port refuse to blame the umpires" farce as somehow endorsing the umpires.

Port (or any other club) aren't blaming the umpires because the umpires are right. They aren't blaming the umpires because that's not good sportsmanship. The reason they (or any other club) don't blame the umps is because they aren't allowed to. Fat Andy made sure of it through fines or retribution by the umps later in the season.

I thought that was pretty simple to understand.
One of the reasons coaches and players don't blame umpires, apart from the cynical view the AFL will penalise them, is that it is a loser mentality to do so and coaches/players would know the game was in their hands.

Great example is Dangers goal. His was he left unchecked goal side 5m out?
Any coach would look at that and hold that mental lapse in defending a congested goal front more of a reason they lost than umpiring.

Neil Craig once said he will blame umpires only once every player and coach has a perfect game and takes all opportunities.

You blame the things you can control before the umpires. That would be the mentality of most people involved in the game. You don't get to that level as a player or coach without that mentality

Us supporters control nothing. So it is natural to blame the umpires.

It's the 1 (maybe 2 if they play Port twice) time(s) a year that Dangerfield goes from being scum of the earth to a hero.
Considering the way he plays against Port, I like to think that the hatred we instilled in him still burns at least a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. To all the PAPs out there, the complete lack of protest on Byrne-Jones' face says he didn't touch it. Any player worth their salt would be going off their nut had they got a fingernail on it.

I think it is good that he didn't try to claim he did touch it, when he knew he didn't.

Great to listen to Port fans try and tell themselves that Cokehead Charlie is a good player. Has cost them multiple games this year with pure ineptitude. Gives away 50's at critical times, makes dumb decisions, can't count to 30. They just refuse to believe that he's not worth the thousands they're paying him.

Great to listen to Port fans try and tell themselves that Cokehead Charlie is a good player. Has cost them multiple games this year with pure ineptitude. Gives away 50's at critical times, makes dumb decisions, can't count to 30. They just refuse to believe that he's not worth the thousands they're paying him.
Even more amusing when they label Tex dumb.

Even more amusing when they label Tex dumb.

Oh Tex definitely has dumb moments, but Charlie makes him look like Albert Einstein.

My biggest issue with Skilled is that not all teams have to travel there. When Collingwood, Hawks, Essendon etc have to play there too then fair enough. But it would be great for us to create the same sort of home ground advantage at Adelaide oval. Port losing there regularly doesn't help.
We usually win at home though. But I suppose Port losing there regularly means that neither Port nor us 'have the opposition beaten before the bounce'. Winning at Adelaide Oval is not seen as a near-impossible feat.

But I think that the more opposition teams get used to playing at Kardinia Park, the lower the intimidation factor will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back