BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not holding fixes to ransom. They are holding enhancement patches to ransom. A bit different. I would assume the enhancement patch will be a dlc of sorts to update graphics and s**t like they did last time. I don't agree with it, but I feel it is important to note the difference.

They're not holding fixes to ransom. They are holding enhancement patches to ransom. A bit different. I would assume the enhancement patch will be a dlc of sorts to update graphics and s**t like they did last time. I don't agree with it, but I feel it is important to note the difference.

It's an interesting one Quivorir isn't it?

Their official statement only said they will fix 'genuine bugs' in the patch. I guess it depends on their take of what constitutes a genuine bug? Things like the ball getting stuck hovering in mid air, game not progressing in career mode and certain rules not functioning properly would be considered bugs.

Some of the other things people aren't happy with such as marking/ai goal kicking(rubber banding?) may or may not be considered bugs but in fact design choices? We'll wait and see though I guess.

Please don't give them any ideas. They probably would do it. They'd incorporate microtransaction bullshit to try to siphon more money out of people while not bothering to fix the shoddy gameplay or numerous glitches. It's already bad enough they want people to pay $100 to begin with, and then hold fixes to ransom until they flog off enough to make a profit.

You do understand that the more money that goes in, the better the product will be moving forward

For people that can afford it, like me, this would be phenomenal

you also must understand that in game currency will be enough to purchase packs once challenges are completed etc etc, you do not have to spend additional money if you dont want to

I think this is a great idea for them to gain additional profits, which would then give them added incentives to continue to build a better game!!

While AFL is one of the toughest sports to represent in a video game, I would not belittle other professional sports to the point of saying they are infinitely easier to represent, particularly Rugby League, and especially Lacrosse.

This is very tempting

Yeah I have no idea about the sport either. Picked it up really quickly, the basics are nice and simple and I learnt the intricacies as I went.

When I look at AFL Live 1, RLL and Casey Powell Lacrosse and then compare that graphically to Don Bradman 17 it's hard to believe that it's the same company making it, which kind of scares me because what class of graphics would a new BigAnt AFL look like? RLL or DBC graphics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this OK?

Mate, RLL4 looks fantastic.

I hate to say this but RLL3 was a real step back in terms of player likeness and graphics, apart from a few features it resembled RLL2. I loved the team and player customisation from both, especially the Fan hub in RLL3.

RLL4 looks amazing on paper and I hope it delivers.

It's a shame you guys aren't making AFL Live games, because we are missing out on a helluva lot.

I hate to say this but RLL3 was a real step back in terms of player likeness and graphics, apart from a few features it resembled RLL2. I loved the team and player customisation from both, especially the Fan hub in RLL3.

I'll always cop fair criticism. We sacrificed exact player likeness in RLL3 for the ability to make and share players across the platforms using the FanHub, whether that was a good decision or not is up for debate. Agreed that in terms of likeness, RLL2 was superior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back