Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Confirmed delisted players

Selina Goodman, Shaleise Law, Caitlin Collins, Jade Ransfield, Kate Deegan, Delissa Kimmince, Jordan Membrey and Nikki Wallace were delisted at season’s end.

We have 10 spots remaining on our list, which will be filled through free agency, rookie signings and the draft.

ade_brl_car_col_fre_gws_mel_wbd.png

Lists as they stand at this point.

Nightmare for colourblind people. What's the takeaway from those charts?

It's all pretty even really. Carlton are a bit handball-happy and have only really got one player hitting the scoreboard (Vescio). Brisbane and Collingwood spread the load very well, where GWS and Carlton don't really. Don't invest in Pies for your AFLW Fantasy squad next year.

The biggest loss is Harris' marketability.

A key forward who can turn the game she was going to be the face of the Lions if she wanted to stay.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Confirmed delisted players

We have 10 spots remaining on our list, which will be filled through free agency, rookie signings and the draft.
Are Wallace and Membrey slightly stiff thought they showed some signs

As for law she looked awesome in that game at the MCG last year but just hasn't kicked on.

fanackapan

All Australian
Aug 4, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Are Wallace and Membrey slightly stiff thought they showed some signs

As for law she looked awesome in that game at the MCG last year but just hasn't kicked on.
I would have thought those 3 would all be in the mix for the remaining list spots in the draft, along with the U18 girls, and others like Jordan Zanchetta and Hannah Sexton who missed out last year for one reason or another.

• AFLW: Tayla Harris explains why she decided to move from Brisbane to Carlton
sarah_olle.jpg

TAYLA Harris has revealed the rationale behind her sensational move from Brisbane to Carlton in the inaugural AFLW trade period.
While the 20-year-old said she was filled with relief when the mega four-way trade was finally completed, she was also overcome with sadness knowing her time at Brisbane was over.

Ultimately, Harris said her move was based as much on her personal development as it was on her footy.

“Being 20 years old, there’s no better time than now to change up my lifestyle and an appealing part of moving to Melbourne was the opportunity to grow as a person as well as on the footy field,” Harris told the AFL Players Association.

“There’s obviously a lot more scrutiny and more media attention in Melbourne so that’ll be a challenge but to play at the heart of Aussie Rules is exciting.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n/news-story/8aab73f445db1140ab4913ca2bf6902b

Last edited:

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I would have thought those 3 would all be in the mix for the remaining list spots in the draft, along with the U18 girls, and others like Jordan Zanchetta and Hannah Sexton who missed out last year for one reason or another.
A few of the club's delisted a lot more than required. I think this is just to ensure flexibility.
Nothing worse than having a handful of unknowns pop up in the local comp with great seasons, a few top youth girls coming available, and then a couple of interstaters showing interest, and discovering you haven't left enough spots on your list for them all.

Non Vic clubs policy seems to be, delist a whole bunch, and if nothing better pops up, you can always redraft them.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
  • AFLW: Tayla Harris explains why she decided to move from Brisbane to Carlton
sarah_olle.jpg

TAYLA Harris has revealed the rationale behind her sensational move from Brisbane to Carlton in the inaugural AFLW trade period.
While the 20-year-old said she was filled with relief when the mega four-way trade was finally completed, she was also overcome with sadness knowing her time at Brisbane was over.

Ultimately, Harris said her move was based as much on her personal development as it was on her footy.

“Being 20 years old, there’s no better time than now to change up my lifestyle and an appealing part of moving to Melbourne was the opportunity to grow as a person as well as on the footy field,” Harris told the AFL Players Association.

“There’s obviously a lot more scrutiny and more media attention in Melbourne so that’ll be a challenge but to play at the heart of Aussie Rules is exciting.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n/news-story/8aab73f445db1140ab4913ca2bf6902b
Another article from Tayla. Still not really clear but the big smoke is the main drawcard I'm thinking.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/players-voice-tayla-harris/

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some familiar names amongst the goals in the local comp.
DBMU5EoVYAAd3t9.jpg

Anyone know anything about Peeters? 19 goals in 6 games is fair going
From up north I believe. No doubt she's doing well, however she's kicked 16 of the 19 against Zilmere who have lost both games to Wilston by a combined total of over 300 - 0

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Gotta be careful. Zillmere being so terrible (they've conceded 995 points in 7 games) is making goalkicking stats a bit skewed (16 of Peeters' 19 came against Zillmere, for example).
From up north I believe. No doubt she's doing well, however she's kicked 16 of the 19 against Zilmere who have lost both games to Wilston by a combined total of over 300 - 0
Ahh right, thanks.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Back