QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Redcliffe and Pine Rivers game must have been good from looking at how close it was. Viccy Point stamping their authority on the competition, 37 shots shows massive amount of scoring power.

Redcliffe and Pine Rivers game must have been good from looking at how close it was. Viccy Point stamping their authority on the competition, 37 shots shows massive amount of scoring power.
Cracking game played hard and in good spirits. Always a good local contest. Not sure if there is a rematch over at pine but if there is definately one to watch with a potential top spot up for grabs.

My tips were almost on point.

Heard the Carrara vs Ipswich game was a hard contest, wasnt there but heard Carrara got out to a 40 point lead for Ipswich to claw back before the Saints mids took control in the last qtr, they're starting to play some good footy and still have still have some decent cattle to get on the park, could easily be 3-1 if they had kicked straight vs Redcliffe 10.20.

Looking like like a 1 horse race with Redcliffe, Cararra and Pine rivers to fight for 2nd.

Wow redcliffe by 90. That's a bit of a surprise at the start of the season most were tipping them to be at the bottom of the ladder. I think this weeks games will be a lot closer then everyone is tipping
Redcliffe by 90
Wynnum by 15
Viccy Point by 30
Carrara by 50
w

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never heard a comp where people make as much excuses as this one..... every team misses good players each week with injuries, unavailability, work etc. Its div 3 footy, lets not kid ourselves.

FYI.. 4/4 Tips, couple of margins very close.

I've never heard a comp where people make as much excuses as this one..... every team misses good players each week with injuries, unavailability, work etc. Its div 3 footy, lets not kid ourselves.

FYI.. 4/4 Tips, couple of margins very close.
Theres a few of us who you wont hear excuses from when we lose we just take it on the chin but your totally correct with injuries, unavailabilities ect

Tips...
Viccy Point 40 (all class, might not drop a game? 7 off half back best player in comp)
Carrara 41 (Hitting there straps, top 3 team)
Wynnum 21 (Better midfield than the chooks, chooks in all sorts after being pre season flag favs ' just ask them')
Ipswich 100 (at home, a lot to play for to make top 4)

Tips...
Viccy Point 40 (all class, might not drop a game? 7 off half back best player in comp)
Carrara 41 (Hitting there straps, top 3 team)
Wynnum 21 (Better midfield than the chooks, chooks in all sorts after being pre season flag favs ' just ask them')
Ipswich 100 (at home, a lot to play for to make top 4)

Never heard the chooks mention once that they were the flag favourites

With every team now having played each other once what are people's thoughts on competition so far
Based on weekends results you would think top 3 is almost set in place
Must be something in water down at the swamp as after round 2 they had lost to vic point and Redcliffe then momentum started to build
Bottom last year and this year a totally different club on and off field congrats to all concerned
My question to comp is this
Has competition weakened with Suns folding
Beenleigh and Park Ridge moving up
My thoughts are yes and at the moment there seems to be a fair gap between top 3 sides and everyone else
When you look at reserves Redcliffe Carrara and Vic Point look like they are going to feature as well
My last comment I have been to a couple of twilight games this year and I have thouroughly enjoyed the later start ( even though players might not have)
Enjoyed the footy so far this year and let's hope second half of season is just as good
And yes I am a Carrara supporter ( not affiliated in any way) so I will say this Go Saints :)

With every team now having played each other once what are people's thoughts on competition so far
Based on weekends results you would think top 3 is almost set in place
Must be something in water down at the swamp as after round 2 they had lost to vic point and Redcliffe then momentum started to build
Bottom last year and this year a totally different club on and off field congrats to all concerned
My question to comp is this
Has competition weakened with Suns folding
Beenleigh and Park Ridge moving up
My thoughts are yes and at the moment there seems to be a fair gap between top 3 sides and everyone else
When you look at reserves Redcliffe Carrara and Vic Point look like they are going to feature as well
My last comment I have been to a couple of twilight games this year and I have thouroughly enjoyed the later start ( even though players might not have)
Enjoyed the footy so far this year and let's hope second half of season is just as good
And yes I am a Carrara supporter ( not affiliated in any way) so I will say this Go Saints :)

To me the verdict is still out on whether the comp restructure has made it more even across the board. Like with anything new it'll take a bit to iron out the creases. Div 3 seems to be the less even out of the top 3 divisions. In my opinion in divisions 1 and 2 you have the top 5/6 teams
Still in the mix. Where as division 3 probably only has 2/3 teams with any chance of taking it out.

It seems to have have evened up a few of the results but then there has still been some fair old beltings (Aspley over cooly at the weekend springs to mind)

With parkridge and kedron moving up it has given the likes of Ipswich and pine rivers a chance to be more competitive which can only be a good thing.

Hopefully with a few more seasons under the restructured model we'll have sides still fighting for finals spots and survival come the final round of the season, and not have the make up of the finals all but settled half way through the season.

QAFL and Div 1 are wide open, even for finals places - not just the flag.

Div 2 the final 5 is set already, but who wins it is anyones guess - could come from any of the Top 4 imo. There is a clear best 4 sides, then the rest are pretty average.

Div 3 is a 3 team competition already, but there is obviously a clear standout.

Div 4 was a stuff up from the start only having 6 teams, even worse now that there are clearly 4 sides who will play finals and the rest of the year is a practice run. What makes it worse is that the best 3 or 4 Div 5 teams would make Div 4 far more interesting.

Div 5 has 2 or 3 clear favourites, but the flag race is wide open.

As predicted, Div 1 is certainly the most competitive league - with only Bond being also rans and the rest of that comp all being capable of beating each other on any given day. QAFL is a great comp as well, only Sandgate being not really competitive.

This division (3) probably has the most clearcut flag favourite of any division, along with the Tigers in the QAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back