Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I be Happy him to play a Solid Game and NOT get Injured
I am hoping for one sign the boy is worthy of the hysteria surrounding him on this board. Just one thing. I saw the highlights of his 41 possession game last week-20 metre chip pass over the man on the mark....20 metre sideways pass from a free kick or mark. It was like the highlights were stuck in a loop. No running off half back , no 50 metre pass dissecting a defense. I wait with bated breath.

Does the opposite problem now apply though? Our tallest defender is Goldsack at 193cm.
With hail and thunder predicted for Sunday afternoon it may be an advantage to go in with a smaller and more agile backline.

I am hoping for one sign the boy is worthy of the hysteria surrounding him on this board. Just one thing. I saw the highlights of his 41 possession game last week-20 metre chip pass over the man on the mark....20 metre sideways pass from a free kick or mark. It was like the highlights were stuck in a loop. No running off half back , no 50 metre pass dissecting a defense. I wait with bated breath.
Did you watch the whole video? Him turning a player inside out with ease and then the good pack mark at the end didn't get you excited? You're a hard person to please.

Hope this is the beginning of grear career as a rebounding HB....just what we need. Howe & Scharenberg off both HB flanks ;)
And Reid in the middle
Might be sublime :)

Not 100% sure you watched all of it, he did some side steps and clear vision things.
Already an upgrade on Frost but who isn't

One thing that I know for sure is that every time he is in a contest or gets tackled I am going to be shi**ing myself, worrying that he is going to re-injure his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a concern, particularly Hipworth. But not sure Schade could have gone with him.

Given where Hipworth is at in his development if he can't do it now it won't get any easier.

Only just got up to date on the news, great stuff. Watching the Dan Menzel doco awhile back gave a good insight into just what these guys go through that have major injury setbacks, with the bulk of it being such a tough time mentally.

Hopefully he gets through unscathed and can enjoy being part of a win at the G.

Only just got up to date on the news, great stuff. Watching the Dan Menzel doco awhile back gave a good insight into just what these guys go through that have major injury setbacks, with the bulk of it being such a tough time mentally.

Hopefully he gets through unscathed and can enjoy being part of a win at the G.

and Seeing how well Menzel is playing now gives Hope that Shaz can still be a Gun

and Seeing how well Menzel is playing now gives Hope that Shaz can still be a Gun
And if not...
We'll have plenty of vegetable merchants calling out, potato, potato....

I agree I don't care if he doesn't get a touch. so long as he get's through the game. I just hope now that his in, regardless of form the club give him 4-5 straight games.
Will depend on a few other factors also. His form, Varcoe and Reid need to return, Ramsay and now Langdon will be looking to find spots in the 22. Pretty good position to be in. Plenty of players battling for spots should see the best form rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back