Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Not in the know!
Still Treloar stuck it out for four!
I would not be against Fagan's suggestion of tying first round picks to a club for an initiual four years.
It's a rubbish idea and restraint of trade and also neglects to put pressure on clubs to get things right that players wanna stay ,,,the fact only 1 club has a problem with retention kinda says where the probs really lie

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
He s a risk schashe but not really for reasons you espouse. Tall prospects all take time I'd take on trust that two years in he s closer to arriving than a 10-12 selection at the ND . Its legitimate that a Youngster can simply not settle , McCarthy is a recent example,of that , I'm happy to take a calculated risk on him for a r1 pick , my only prob is the money , if it's right however we appear to have space in tpp

You have previously expressed concerns over bringing in guys who are paid more than the likes of Cotchin, Rance, Jack, Martin and Lids when here. Also critical of the Boyd deal. Are you happy to have a kid like Schache here earning $800,000?

Boxo004

Cancelled
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Not in the know!
Still Treloar stuck it out for four!
I would not be against Fagan's suggestion of tying first round picks to a club for an initiual four years.
Agree absolutely. But thats not now. If Brisbane were sympathetic and serious they'd say "yes Josh we understand your predicament and your want to leave. We want to play you in the seniors for the rest of the year with no pressure. Just play...then at the end of the season we'll revisit and we hope from our point of view you start enjoying your footy and decide to stay." If not you add value and we will trade you for what your worth wherever you want. Win/win

Schache has taken two weeks off to go home to Victoria.
I don't know what's going on in the kid's personal life and there may be more to it, but I wouldn't be running away after being dropped and getting 4 touches in the twos. I'd be out there this week trying like buggery to get back into the senior team.
But hey, what would I know?
Reminds me of McCarthy

There's some talk Balic is in a similar position right now

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
You have previously expressed concerns over bringing in guys who are paid more than the likes of Cotchin, Rance, Jack, Martin and Lids when here. Also critical of the Boyd deal. Are you happy to have a kid like Schache here earning $800,000?
I thought I said my prob was with the money , the greater risk in my mind is I question that he has that elite trait in quality kpp to really crack in , in the vein of Richo, nick Riewoldt or Jon brown,,,hit those packs hard and clunk contested marks. I'd only invest heavily in a kpp prospect if he looked like being an elite player like this. TBH I see more of these traits in mcCartin who I have a feeling the saints will deal on

nick1408

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2010
Why?
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a rubbish idea and restraint of trade and also neglects to put pressure on clubs to get things right that players wanna stay ,,,the fact only 1 club has a problem with retention kinda says where the probs really lie

The whole draft is a restriction of trade and there is a legal precident in the High Court with NSWRL in 1991. The reason the AFL has a draft that isn't considered a restriction of trade is due to the AFLPA (and thus every player - they are all paid up members of the union) have agreed to sign away that option. The same would happen if there was an agreement a player had to stay for four years at one club

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
I thought I said my prob was with the money , the greater risk in my mind is I question that he has that elite trait in quality kpp to really crack in , in the vein of Richo, nick Riewoldt or Jon brown,,,hit those packs hard and clunk contested marks. I'd only invest heavily in a kpp prospect if he looked like being an elite player like this. TBH I see more of these traits in mcCartin who I have a feeling the saints will deal on
Strongly disagree, no way on this earth will the Saints let McCartin go

Strongly disagree, no way on this earth will the Saints let McCartin go
I wouldn't be so sure, not that I would be buying him - with his concussions it's buyer beware.

Purple thinks his price tag has taken a heavy hit since his time off and how it's all unfolded so we could get him for a bargain

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Buccaneers, 76ers, Bournemouth
If he gets his initially rumoured valuation of 700k a year (After new CBA), the equivalent is 580k. Now with the rumblings of his value taking a hit, I'd expect he'd accept an offer of roughly 600-650k to get back to VIC, which is in the 480-550k region, before the CBA. Great price.

Now, if we can get him for only 1 x 1st Rd + late picks/next year picks or fringe players.

Brilliant.

If Schache decides to leave Brisbane and they stick him in the NEAFL then it dramatically impacts what our trade offer should be. If he is playing NEAFL and not impacting the games then it should drop even more. What I'd offer if that does happen is our lowest first round pick and our lowest 3rd round pick for Schache and the Lions second round pick. Effectively we pick up Schache and improve one of our draft position by getting into the second round. So Brisbane also have a choice to make, do they stick the kid in the NEAFL and impact his value or do they play the kid regardless in the hope of keeping his value as high as possible.

Boxo004

Cancelled
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
If Schache decides to leave Brisbane and they stick him in the NEAFL then it dramatically impacts what our trade offer should be. If he is playing NEAFL and not impacting the games then it should drop even more. What I'd offer if that does happen is our lowest first round pick and our lowest 3rd round pick for Schache and the Lions second round pick. Effectively we pick up Schache and improve one of our draft position by getting into the second round. So Brisbane also have a choice to make, do they stick the kid in the NEAFL and impact his value or do they play the kid regardless in the hope of keeping his value as high as possible.

I mentioned something earlier. You'd think considering they're going to finish last they'd play him for value but take any pressure off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back