How many games of footy do you watch per weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

i will watch 4 games live, record the others and watch 1 game a night during the week.

2 full games and bits and pieces of others if I had to guess.
This

I watch every saints game (generally at the game if that counts) then likely a blockbuster if there's one on, and bits and pieces of others that interest me.

Gone are the days where I have time to watch every game.

Depends. Sometimes 3 sometimes none.

On average: Go to one game, watch another and keep my eye on the scores of the rest online or radio. Also if I'm doing something inside I'll have the TV in the background and check on progress.

Eagles games and maybe one other. Constantly check the scores on my phone, and will have them on the radio whilst doing house stuff.

i got timezone issues.... might catch the last half of qtr of night games if i get up early enough for it (saw the last qtr of Syd v Haw today) ... will try to stay up to watch a full Saturday arvo game, but i struggle

I do make more of an effort when it comes to finals though... even watching full finals on delay if i have to... for the GF, i will always watch it LIVE somewhere

i got timezone issues.... might catch the last half of qtr of night games if i get up early enough for it (saw the last qtr of Syd v Haw today) ... will try to stay up to watch a full Saturday arvo game, but i struggle

I do make more of an effort when it comes to finals though... even watching full finals on delay if i have to... for the GF, i will always watch it LIVE somewhere
Living abroad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living abroad?

yes... but still much easier to follow the footy now than it was in the 90s while abroad... back then all i had was the weekly highlights show that kept changing channel/day/time... even a live telecast of the GF was no guarantee ... i did get a few Monday HUN round in review pieces sent over by post which was nice even though they were a few weeks old... it was a rough time following the footy back in those days

been 5 years since i watched an AFL game live in person (2012 Prelim, Haw v Adel) ... been too long

Last edited:
I've never once watched an AFL game. That's because I only get 1 live game a week and it starts at 12:30 A.M. I do check the scores every week and watch Richmond's highlights on AFL's YouTube account.

I've never once watched an AFL game. That's because I only get 1 live game a week and it starts at 12:30 A.M. I do check the scores every week and watch Richmond's highlights on AFL's YouTube account.

TSN often show 2 per week. Why aren't you just recording and watching later?

I'm probably only catching a full game once a month.

TSN often show 2 per week. Why aren't you just recording and watching later?

I'm probably only catching a full game once a month.

Unfortunately the TV I use to watch sports can't record games (and I do think the excitement level would be much lower if I was watching a game that was already decided).

I actually just remembered I watched a an afternoon TSN airing. I've watched the beginning of some games before getting sleepy.

However, I do plan on watching the AFL Grand Final, even if it's a huge struggle to stay up that late.

On my bucket list is watching Richmond live at the MGC.

Every Essendon match and most Lions matches. Usually Thursday or Friday night matches. Probably average 3 or 4 a weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back