Opinion Round 11 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Itd be nice to be able to get rid of Tabener, Ibbo and Spurr but unfortunately we just don't have the replacements.

Maybe Collins and Ryan for Ibbo and Tabs but Spurr will need to stay unfortunately.

Taberner might have been pretty ordinary tonight, but he was also on arguably the best key defender in the league and not really in conditions that suited tall key forwards.
And give him credit, he did try.

No way should he be dropped.

This is where its going to get really interesting because Lyon's history suggests he will dig his heels in and back the senior players.
We're a bit like the Aussie Cricket Team used to be. Harder to get out of than in.
If there is any logic and integrity about selection Ibbo will go at least and Collins will get rewarded for his steady excellent form. Ryan should be read to go and has shown he has what it takes to give the big time a crack.
I would rather Darcy play than Griffin again, he's unfortunately finished at this level.

Itd be nice to be able to get rid of Tabener, Ibbo and Spurr but unfortunately we just don't have the replacements.

Maybe Collins and Ryan for Ibbo and Tabs but Spurr will need to stay unfortunately.
Thought Kersten was useless and McCarthy was barely even in the game. This is the forward line we need to persist with, it'll build. We don't have the replacements and would need Fyfe being permanent forward.
The past two weeks have been shocking conditions for forwards. Hardly fair, and the mids just as bad

What I want to happen:

Ibbotson for either Collins or Cox. Cox had a very impressive game last week and Collins has been solid all year. Wouldn't mind either getting a go.

Spurr for Ryan. Ryan is definitely a more solid option down back and needs a go.

Griffin for Sandi. Easy choice here.

Pearce for Langdon. Neither has pertricularly good disposal, but langdon is more flexible.

Sutcliffe for Logue. Bring back McPharlin v2.

What will happen:

Sutcliffe for Suban

Pearce for Sheridan

Deckchairs will be shuffled

Surely there couldn't be a single person that wants Griff and D Pearce to play in the ones again? Good servants but it's over boys, started and finished your careers in Adelaide and we wish you all the best.
Plus Ibbo out, those three have to be the minimum changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibbo,Spurr ,Griff, Pearce were crap but geez some of the boys who we count as our best performers were worse than s**t. The whole side bar a couple who had passable games looked ,tired ,disinterested and lacked intestinal fortitude . The not putting the head over the ball or body over the ball was in epidemic proportions . Hard to replace the midfield but they were rubbish. Defence was awful but when the mids turned the ball over like they did it makes every one else job impossible. The normal goats will cop the rubbishing but there are some established boys who need to hang their collective heads in shame. That was embarrassing.

Ibbo,Spurr ,Griff, Pearce were crap but geez some of the boys who we count as our best performers were worse than s**t. The whole side bar a couple who had passable games looked ,tired ,disinterested and lacked intestinal fortitude . The not putting the head over the ball or body over the ball was in epidemic proportions . Hard to replace the midfield but they were rubbish. Defence was awful but when the mids turned the ball over like they did it makes every one else job impossible. The normal goats will cop the rubbishing but there are some established boys who need to hang their collective heads in shame. That was embarrassing.

I don't think anyone's going to disagree with any of that.

But you can't drop 15 blokes. We're still 6-4 and trying to win next week.

Surely there couldn't be a single person that wants Griff and D Pearce to play in the ones again?

I'm the single person.
But only for D. Pearce to get 100 Fremantle games in the off chance he actually hits a target with his missus and produces a father son selection down the track..

I'm the single person.
But only for D. Pearce to get 100 Fremantle games in the off chance he actually hits a target with his missus and produces a father son selection down the track..

I'd long ago given up hoping that he will ever launch anything inside to our advantage, but I see your point

Out: Brad Hill. Continuously coasting around, plays one good game then s**t for 4 weeks. Can't hit a target unless it's the goal. Was a bad trade by us, he was the steak knives at Hawthorn and now that he isn't surrounded by the same talent, he's shown to be ordinary.
In: Anyone.

Lòooooolllllllllll

Out: Brad Hill. Continuously coasting around, plays one good game then s**t for 4 weeks. Can't hit a target unless it's the goal. Was a bad trade by us, he was the steak knives at Hawthorn and now that he isn't surrounded by the same talent, he's shown to be ordinary.
In: Anyone.
Early contender for worst post of the season..

Ibbotson for Collins doesn't make much sense. Our backline is crying out for better kicks and more run so we bring in a slow KPD who's kicking is probably his biggest weakness?

Collins has been going great and would obviously love him in but we really don't need 3 key defenders.

Sadly I think Ibbo is done. Been a great servant but obviously has no confidence as he can't keep his feet. Would look at bringing Ryan in for him (provided Collingwood don't go too tall) and Darcy for Griffin if Sandy doesn't get up.

Ryan will 100% be debuting this week, put your house on it. Lyon even said he was close post match. Darcy may or May not.

Out:
Ibbo, D Pearce, Griffin, sutcliffe

In:
Ryan Darcy Collins Langdon

Spurr Hamling Collins
Ryan Johnson S Hill
Weller Fyfe BHill
Walters McCarthy Kersten
Crozier Taberner Grey
Darcy Neale Blakely
Tucker Langdon Mundy Hughes

Status