Trades Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Williamson -> Tuohy
Preuss -> Cousins (switch nank to ruck via DPP)
Black -> Greene (wanted Barlow, 10k short)

OR

Williamson -> Tuohy
Preuss -> Luke Ryan (switch nank to ruck via DPP, shuffle M/F & D/F DPPs)
Black -> Barlow

This allows me to hold Hannan and Barrett and make more $$$$$$$$

Will change my trades if Wigg/Ryan play and/or Black/Preuss named. 19 playing with either of the above trades.

If Preuss gets named, then probs trade Hannan -> Cousins instead. Then would have 20 playing.

If Luke Ryan plays, and Preuss not named, can go Preuss -> Ryan and afford Barlow over Greene.

This sets me up to do something weird like:

Round 12
Cash Cow -> Wigg/150k rook
Cash Cow -> 150k rook/Buzza
Myers/EVW -> Dayne Beams

Round 13
Hannan -> Dustbin
Otten -> Lloyd (won't be bottomed out for rnd 12)
Cash Cow -> 150k rook (Partington)

Round 14
One of:
Fyfe -> Zerret
Newman -> Doch
(probs 250k short for both in the same week!)

Last edited:

Torn between what to do, either option will get me 18 players on the park this week just trying to reduce my R13 guys while improving the team

Pickett to Cunico
Fisher to Cousins
Fyfe to Joel Selwood

or

Fisher to Cousins
Fyfe to Scott Selwood
Marchbank to Tuohy

Leaning towards the latter options...

If Ryan doesn't play then I have to get rid of Marchbank and do something like:

Black >> 150k mid rookie (shift Barrett forward)
Oliver >> Wines
Marchbank >> Pittard

Depending on who comes in though, might have a bit more leeway. Gives me 19 players.

I want to add that I really hope that Wigg and Partington don't get named next weekend.... even though I've been wanting both to debut for a while now. I really think Luke Ryan is a definite to play next weekend, so won't be able to bring all three in, plus then Eagles will have Rnd 12 bye, Partington will debut Round 13 (perfect) and if Wigg plays Round 12 or 14 that's fine as well! Make it happen selection panels! Only thing that sucks about all of the above is it's really hard to fit bringing in Cousins... so I probably miss out on him despite Hawthorn seemingly being in rebuild mode so he's probably going to be rather useful but his bye is awful for me and his lack of DPP sucks having to bring him in right now before the byes....

Marchbank > Ryan
Fisher > Taylor Adams (will move to DEF next week)
Stef Martin > Barlow (via Nank)

$100k in the bank for next week. Will let Stef drop in cash, and probably won't touch him until Smith is gone from the team. Unbelievable what that guy does to him.

Hopefully should have at least 19 with a possibility of 20 on field this week.

Really hoping to avoid any carnage this week and everything goes according to plan, really happy at how my trades are looking.

Clayton Oliver -> Garry Ablett (I'm presuming Ablett has just missed last weekend's game to get an extended break with their game ala Nick Riewoldt.)
Harley Balic -> James Cousins
Caleb Marchbank -> Zach Tuohy

I feel this'll significantly improve my side, Ablett will be a top 8 midfielder without any concerns if he stays fit. Tuohy has now proven he can be a very good scorer after moving clubs, he should be a top six defender. Cousins shown on Friday he knows how to get his hands on the footy and I believe he's got a pretty decent job security.

Oliver and Marchbank have both been really good for me, both have been really consistent scorers and made me a lot of coin but it's hard to see them really making much more money from here. It's a real shame Balic has to go but you can't carry a player who's not playing.

This'll give me a very nice 20 players playing this week whilst still keeping the rest of my bye structures good.

Last edited:
Hampton - Ryan
Balic - Cousins
Oliver - Sloane

Holding Barrett now to make a little more cash.
380k left over to bring in Rocky for WHE next week.
Is Sloane a chance of copping a Scooter tag this week?

Last edited:
The next few weeks for me are really about trying to reverse the impending r13 bye doom that's currently hanging over my side. Currently have 15 playing that round and most of my premo mids will be out.

So, going:

Marchbank > Ryan (if he doesn't play I'll have to reassess)
Walters > Barlow (has made 50k for me but after a 38 I kinda want to jump off)
Watson > Hall (can't seem to get up past 500k, Hall I think is a top 8 mid).

Also loses 2 x r13 byes from my structure for players who have already had their bye, and IMO improves my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 280k.

Oliver > Scooter
Black > Cousins
Miles > Sloane

Means I keep Barrett, have 10 playing mids & scoop the value.

Houston to scharenberg (presuming he isn't picked)
Jones to Pittard
Barrett to cousins

360K in bank to get Rocky with next week

SPP - Cousins
Balic - Cunico (or other)
Hampton - Laird

Leaves Otten Newman Marchbank

Next week in Docherty and maybe another gun back

Lloyd in a couple of weeks then backline mids rucks are done, forwards are absolutely awful though

I think I'll play around with a triple downgrade, will give me just 19 playing but will have $350k for some upgrades next week, hopefully moving fyfe to rocky and Otten/WHE to Doch.

McNiece > Ryan
Marchbank > Wines (via much dpp)
can't decide on third trade, but can go Parker > Hall but only leaves $3k...

Having crunched some numbers, I'm not sure who out of Murphy and Oliver to trade out this week - any thoughts? I'm actually leaning towards Murphy - higher BE, and worth about 50k more.
I'm letting go of Oliver.
28 handballs was extremely frustrating and his price has stagnated for quite some time now.
Upgrading to Sloane so win-win basically.

I'm letting go of Oliver.
28 handballs was extremely frustrating and his price has stagnated for quite some time now.
Upgrading to Sloane so win-win basically.

Yeah at this stage going Oliver to Wines (ha, ironic given their names). Trying to use a policy of only upgrading to premiums who've already had their bye so that I don't have to worry about them missing anymore games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back