Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's probably that little bit of association between the full length skins-type bottoms and the type of person who would normally wear them aka a gym bro

There's probably that little bit of association between the full length skins-type bottoms and the type of person who would normally wear them aka a gym bro
Yeah, skins are definitely necessary when doing 1/4 squats then checking your phone for 15 minutes...

Last two weeks have been distracting almost every day.
There is a new morning gym-goer who could be an absolute supermodel, she's hot to the point of distraction. Wearing lycra pants with her top tied in a knot exposing the midriff doesn't help much either. Virtually forgot my own name this morning.

Last two weeks have been distracting almost every day.
There is a new morning gym-goer who could be an absolute supermodel, she's hot to the point of distraction. Wearing lycra pants with her top tied in a knot exposing the midriff doesn't help much either. Virtually forgot my own name this morning.

Is this really annoying you? :p I would have thought it would motivate some people to go to the gym on more occasions.

Is this really annoying you? :p I would have thought it would motivate some people to go to the gym on more occasions.
I go 4 mornings per week regardless... but I may have never been this distracted during a workout. Hooley dooley

DT will probably relate more to this than the others; lazy and inattentive PTs/gym owners
Since starting work at this gym I honestly think they've had more opening hours affected by the owners going out/on holiday than they have days where they've opened as nominated.
So instead of coming in to do massages I've basically been shift covering etc
This is on top of what I would call very expensive fees that get you a cookie cutter training program (or handballed to me) that you never get on time (and because I'm visible on the floor I'm constantly getting asked by members both what they should do and inevitably have to chase up their programs/diets for them).
Then last night a couple of the girls said their direct debit wasn't taken out even though they had funds and they got notification they were being charged a late fee. I message the owner (who is on holidays; again) and he said "not our problem tell them to contact the finance company"
What the F!? Good way to treat your members.
And this is on top of his missus saying to me when I started "don't worry about the members that have been here a while because we already have their business. Just make sure you really look after the newer members to make sure they stay on long term". I get the look after the newer members part but telling me to ignore the other members is BS.
I needed to make room for some placement hours anyway so hopefully I can pick up some working during the day between uni and bail on the gym.

Majority of gyms only care about signing new members and hoping they never show up and they take a rolling annual fee from the account.

They're a private gym with ~30 members (at a stretch).
They're basically paying PT prices when they could get the same level of attention training at home by themselves.

They're a private gym with ~30 members (at a stretch).
They're basically paying PT prices when they could get the same level of attention training at home by themselves.
I'm at a studio gym now, they run it so much better

I did train at a gym that sounds like yours for a bit of the preseason. Was garbage. It's big in the industry

I'm at a studio gym now, they run it so much better

I did train at a gym that sounds like yours for a bit of the preseason. Was garbage. It's big in the industry

Was that with the guy from the footy club?
Wasn't doing his placement/supervised hours up until ~February was he?

Was that with the guy from the footy club?
Wasn't doing his placement/supervised hours up until ~February was he?
He may have been. But yeah he used to play at my club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh FFS LOL - it's 11 45pm and I want to do lateral raises with 12.5kg ... but this lady walks up and takes 1 of them. Ok I thought, I will use 10s with super strict form. But there's only 1 10kg dumbell

Yep she has the other one too LOL - I ain't even mad

Oh FFS LOL - it's 11 45pm and I want to do lateral raises with 12.5kg ... but this lady walks up and takes 1 of them. Ok I thought, I will use 10s with super strict form. But there's only 1 10kg dumbell

Yep she has the other one too LOL - I ain't even mad
Do some 1 1/2 reps. Or just 1 dumbell at a time.

Newbie in this morning, now my gym is tiny - three benches, one power rack.

He takes one bench, puts in in the power rack, and proceeds to do body-weight calf raises on it... right next to two Reebok Steps that are far better designed for that purpose.
Then he decides to do his floor exercises in the weights area. Got dangerously close to having a dumbell dropped on his ankles because I wasn't moving for the selfish prick.

went to the gym for the first time in 2 years as I now have a set up at home .. Wanted to use the lat pull down except there was this ***** sitting on it doing overhead tricep extensions using a dumbbell that he could barely hold. This was in a room full of benches btw..

Not sure what's going on here but it can't be good

7a8a7853d2fc17829f8a62949a9249f6.jpg

Not sure what's going on here but it can't be good

7a8a7853d2fc17829f8a62949a9249f6.jpg

I love how people who do weighted ab exercises think it will give them a 6 PAC, just makes your waist bigger. Here is an idea eat less food and drop some body fat. Plus doing ab exercises where you pin the fit just means yours legs do bulk of the work

campaigners putting weight back in the wrong spot
Feeling good so thought I'd bump up my db bench 5kgs. Picked them up and thought "* these feels s**t load heavier" struggled out to the bottom point of my rep range. Was pissed. Then actually looked at the weight. Someone had put 45s in the 40 spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back