Round 11 Trades (The 1st 'real' multi bye round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think it's worth going Taranto >>> Higgins this week?

Higgins has been looking really good recently. He also has a great bye round that would even me up really nicely.

The only problem is his injury history. Given NRoo is too risky now and the fwds are really open this year it could be a good move if he average 95+ from here

EDIT - I can wait a week and grab Dalhaus
Taranto should reach his BE of 48 this week against the Dons. Personally, I'm holding him for at least another week.

Bowes to Bolton
SPP to Dusty/Jelwood/Yeo

You only have 2 R12 premiums so I'd look there.
Not sure on Bolton - presumably poor job security and on current form, doesn't look like making a heap of money. On top of that, Bowes still has a BE of 21 and is projected to make $17k if he plays this week. That, I suppose, puts paid to the SPP upgrade too.

Will have to consider it more closely if Bowes isn't named this week though.

I do agree that a mid upgrade is a priority though, particularly someone with their bye next week. Or, if I can wait on the upgrade, someone with the bye this week.

Back to the drawing board...

Last edited:

Not sure on Bolton - presumably poor job security and on current form, doesn't look like making a heap of money. On top of that, Bowes still has a BE of 21 and is projected to make $17k if he plays this week. That, I suppose, puts paid to the SPP upgrade too.

Will have to consider it more closely if Bowes isn't named this week though.

I do agree that a mid upgrade is a priority though, particularly someone with their bye next week. Or, if I can wait on the upgrade, someone with the bye this week.

Back to the drawing board...
Yeah, not much available this week unfortunately as you already pulled the trigger on Greenwood. Cousins could be ok, but he'd ruin your midfield for R13, so probably pass on him.

Can only hope Johnson might play, he's been an emergency regularly for you boys and could be a rare R12 option. In R13 hopefully a Mountford or someone new from R11/12 comes up too, would be much needed so I can probably offload Stewart and Myers, maybe double downgrade if I can then double upgrade R14.

Generally, I think if you can downgrade this week, then next week may be a good upgrade week, but I wouldn't touch any rookies except Cousins and Scharenberg in R12 and just wait for someone hopefully in R13.

I'm not sure whether adding Selwood to the midfield alongside Barrett is genius, or leaves me too short up front.

Starting to get too low in trades to contemplate too much more given that Spencer to Strnadica still has to happen and that WHE to K Stevens is high on the agenda.

Then it's Barrett for F6

Leaving me very short on trades.

ScreenShot1581.jpg

The rookies on offer this week aren't much are they?

Greenwood the obvious must have, but some might have gotten him last week (i did)
Bolton is a low scorer DPP with good bye round, but low job security when Butler is fit.
Perryman is another low scoring DPP, but isn't cheap
Hammelman is similar, too expensive for small output

Then you have the 1 gamers which usually you avoid in DT (unless its a Greenwood stlye pick) until they have played 2
Scharenberg probably the best of this lot, but really cuts 70k off any potential upgrade given his high price. Brodie in the same position
Cunico , Whitmore and Cousins are real unknowns and quite risky to jump on after one game.

It would be interesting if any of the rookies that have previously played 1 or 2 games are named.
Guys like Dawson (SYD), Miles, Johnson (PTA) or McNiece

The rookies on offer this week aren't much are they?

Greenwood the obvious must have, but some might have gotten him last week (i did)
Bolton is a low scorer DPP with good bye round, but low job security when Butler is fit.
Perryman is another low scoring DPP, but isn't cheap
Hammelman is similar, too expensive for small output

Then you have the 1 gamers which usually you avoid in DT (unless its a Greenwood stlye pick) until they have played 2
Scharenberg probably the best of this lot, but really cuts 70k off any potential upgrade given his high price. Brodie in the same position
Cunico , Whitmore and Cousins are real unknowns and quite risky to jump on after one game.

It would be interesting if any of the rookies that have previously played 1 or 2 games are named.
Guys like Dawson (SYD), Miles, Johnson (PTA) or McNiece
Cunico, Dawson and Johnson would be ideal for me seeing Parspuds/Mutimer, J Stewart and Myers likely get moved on

Thinking through a couple of options

1 Hampton to Sharenberg/Perryman
2- Marchbank to Tuohy / Montagna
3- Barret - S Selwood

Leaving forwards, rucks and defence finished (assuming Newman continue to score well)
And mids of Zerrett, Titch, Danger, Treloar, Fyfe, S Selwood - with 2 more definite upgrades needed - (aiming to get Sloane in next week) and potential to trade Selwood/Fyfe if needed

Or

1 Hampton to Perryman
2 Barrett to Sloane

Option 1 makes a lot of sense but not sure Sloane stays this cheap much longer...

Is there anyone in line to take cousins spot ?

Yes and no - we do have a lot of players out injured at the moment.

Birchall, O'Brien and O'Meara are likely the first players to be back, with only O'Meara likely to be in contention to take that place (Birchall would take Duryea's, O'Brien, Vickery's or Sicily's)

However, I'd suggest that other players may be in line first - thinking Henderson, Whitecross, and obviously Willsmore)

I'd say he's moderately safe.

Worst case scenario is he's so bloody cheap ($109K), you could probably get him after 1 price rise at a reasonable price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no - we do have a lot of players out injured at the moment.

Birchall, O'Brien and O'Meara are likely the first players to be back, with only O'Meara likely to be in contention to take that place (Birchall would take Duryea's, O'Brien, Vickery's or Sicily's)

However, I'd suggest that other players may be in line first - thinking Henderson, Whitecross, and obviously Willsmore)

I'd say he's moderately safe.

Worst case scenario is he's so bloody cheap ($109K), you could probably get him after 1 price rise at a reasonable price
He's predicted to jump to $175k ...

I wouldn't think any of those 3 would have more than 1-2 weeks worth of JS
For them to just play through the byes, bank their downgrade cash and then rot at F8/M10/M11 is fine with me considering I'll only need 1-2 more premos for 22 keepers onfield post byes.

Someone like a Greenwood needs to play every week though to be value at F7/M9. Perhaps T Stewart too for a D7.

This is where my Vince idea has some merit imo, you get job security out of him plus DPP. The byes are a good opportunity to upgrade and complete your team, but with the way rookies are this season being slow burns then it may not be as such, so sometimes all we need is a playing downgrade for a week or two to accommodate an upgrade.

Someone out of form like Fyfe could be useful at M9 later in the season if he keeps fit and if he's cheap enough. Robbie Gray is another for M9, he's 415k currently and is a yoyo because of his forward role. Matthew Broadbent has DEF/MID DPP also and could be a M9/D7 type. He scored a 38 on the weekend, but he's normally much better than that as he came off 2 90s, perhaps he could be a better coverage option than Vince, he may plummet over the next two weeks himself and be well under 400k. So they're others I'm keeping an eye on who could be in line to replace Newman/Barrett/Stewart after the byes.

I think Newnes got a concussion against Sydney as he was in line to plummet in price, but he's scoring far too well to be cheap bench cover (backed his 10 up with a 140). Heck if you were after an under the radar POD in midfield then look no further than at him at 490k. His scoring mirrors that of say Zorkos since about R4 excluding his 10.
Great.....

Get him in, scores a 65

Hopefully he can gut run Scooter off the park

For them to just play through the byes, bank their downgrade cash and then rot at F8/M10/M11 is fine with me considering I'll only need 1-2 more premos for 22 keepers onfield post byes.

Someone like a Greenwood needs to play every week though to be value at F7/M9. Perhaps T Stewart too for a D7.

This is where my Vince idea has some merit imo, you get job security out of him plus DPP. The byes are a good opportunity to upgrade and complete your team, but with the way rookies are this season being slow burns then it may not be as such, so sometimes all we need is a playing downgrade fkr a week or two to accommodate an upgrade.

Someone out of form like Fyfe could be useful at M9 later in the season if he keeps fit and if he's cheap enough. Robbie Gray is another for M9, he's 415k currently and is a yoyo because of his forward role. Matthew Broadbent has DEF/MID DPP also and could be a M9/D7 type. He scored a 38 on the weekend, but he's normally much better than that as he came off 2 90s, perhaps he could be a better coverage option than Vince, he may plummet over the next two weeks himself and be well under 400k. So they're others I'm keeping an eye on who could be in line to replace Newman/Barrett/Stewart after the byes.

I think Newnes got a concussion against Sydney as he was in line to plummet in price, but he's scoring far too well to be cheap bench cover (backed his 10 up with a 140). Heck if you were after an under the radar POD in midfield then look no further than at him at 490k. His scoring mirrors that of say Zorkos since about R4.

Great.....

Get him in, scores a 65

Hopefully he can gut run Scooter off the park
That's my concern and thinking he'll get tagged for he rest of the year. All teams will look to emulate what Nth/Mel did. Hard tag Sloane and the Adel Midfield crumbles.

Just hoping he's developed enoug tools over the last few weeks to manage it.

Also, can't ignore the 6 x 130+ scores he's had this year !

That's my concern and thinking he'll get tagged for he rest of the year. All teams will look to emulate what Nth/Mel did. Hard tag Sloane and the Adel Midfield crumbles.

Just hoping he's developed enoug tools over the last few weeks to manage it.

Also, can't ignore the 6 x 130+ scores he's had this year !
The 6x 130 is what is hard to ignore with him. Plus that he flys up in price so quickly because of it. I didn't see any value getting him at 700-720k a month ago, but at 588k, definitely.

But like Scooter, he has enormous tackle numbers too, so even with a down game he can tackle his way to something decent. He has 3-4 danger games left for the rest of the season, but I feel his ceiling should outweigh the tag risk.

Scoot generally scored better at WCE as a tagger than without a role. Better players brought him to the ball. Can't really comment on Sloane but looking on fanfooty, it would appear his scores plummet to below 85 when he is tagged.
Apparently Nick Robertson tagged him a few weeks ago, but Sloane worked him over to that 110.

Like what Danger Zone said, hopefully Rory has some tools to deal with the hard tag.

I think I have changed my mind and I'm now going

Fyfe >>> Greenwood

Barrett >>> S.Selwood

Barrett may have more money to make but the points and coverage outweighs this. I think Scooter will score well if he is tagging, he should start to win more of the ball as well.

This will open up 360k and allow me to go Williamson >>> Simpson/Montagna next week

Don't you also have Mitch Hibberd & Darcy Cameron? That's 5/8 benchie doughnuts each week later in the year + Stewart who's JS I believe isn't as solid as some seem to think. With the few trades you have left, having only D7, M9 & F7 cover isn't going to be enough, even if the players in those positions are solid.

I'm stressing over every remaining downgrade, because the final 3-4 downgraded players I bring in from here on will be in my final complete team, serving as bench cover for the 2nd half of the year. I will try and save 5 trades for LTI's only. I would prefer to end up with no more than 1 non playing rook on my benches. (just Strn @R3 to loophole with Nank if when required)

What is everyone hoping for with Scott Selwood
For mine he is probably in the 90-95 average range (he won't have 17 tackles every week) which does not make him keeper material

So its either
1. Trading him in as a M9 for the year, in which case I'd probably say upgrading the main 22 should be a priority over sorting out bench cover
2. Trading him in, in order to upgrade him later. I'd say this is a total waste of trades. Right now a Barrett upgrade is probably a 2 trade scenario (think SPP --> Greenwood, Barrett --> 560k). By getting in Selwood momentarily you are turning that into a 4 trade upgrade for 1 spot on the ground, and the way that Barrett is going right now, Selwood may only get 10-15 points extra per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back