EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
re going around that the EDFL hierarchy might be stepping in down at Hadfield and giving them an option to go into a merge option for season 2018, with either Districts or Pacco.

Fail to see what haddy have to offer the other club in a merger

Edfl should have let them drop down to div 2 this year

Glenroy & APW will finish top 2, unless they fall from a heap of injuries. By looking at a few games this season, top 4 will be finished off by Tullamarine and Hillside. My thoughts are Westy are done for the year, they honestly can't come back after the last few weeks performances. What's to blame? Injuries or is DC on his last legs.? Will be good if they bounce back and let DC see the year out.
Rumours are going around that the EDFL hierarchy might be stepping in down at Hadfield and giving them an option to go into a merge option for season 2018, with either Districts or Pacco.
Funny that you mention the merger word. I have just been thinking that a number of clubs should be made to look at merging.
APW and Tulla and Keilor Park
Hadfield and Glenroy and Coburg Districts
Burnside and Taylors Lakes
Roxburgh Park and Craigieburn

It would certainly be a way to strengthen some of the smaller clubs.

Don't go by pre season form. Roy's would lose to Avondale by 60+ and West Coburg would also beat them comfortably. No chance Glenroy win 4 games in Premier Division.
Could see them getting over Craigiburn but that's it. Unless they recruit another 4-5 top line players.
Spot on Tom Hardy.
Best post you've put on here.
Wood would dominate against gilllands
Who would stop the fwd line of clouston Rose and Harding.
Divy 1 isn't as strong as last year. Craigieburn gone and both Tulla and Oak Park aren't near as strong yet both teams still up the top half. Yes it's close and anyone can beat anyone but the quality isn't as strong as pervious 3 seasons when WC, EDS and craigieburn won flags

Yes they have. APW firming as favourites now if they weren't already..Probably financially they are best placed, but have no under 17s and going up & down does not create stability. Good on them I say.

add to that no under 19s at APW this year will make it hard if they go up to the top grade.

Fail to see what haddy have to offer the other club in a merger

Edfl should have let them drop down to div 2 this year

Heard it's Paco. Haddy don't have any bargaining power, they'll be swallowed up. Some Paco teams have already used the ground I believe.. I'm sure they'd love another ground.
The cricket clubs have already merged.

Where is Haddy's 'Don' Scott?

Seriously though, EDFL should have been more vigilant. Just by checking the amount of ins v outs of clearances would have given them an indication of what is going on. They should have made the decision for Haddy to go to div 2 in Dec. I don't think it's right now they push a club to merge, just help them through the season now!

Glenroy & APW will finish top 2, unless they fall from a heap of injuries. By looking at a few games this season, top 4 will be finished off by Tullamarine and Hillside. My thoughts are Westy are done for the year, they honestly can't come back after the last few weeks performances. What's to blame? Injuries or is DC on his last legs.? Will be good if they bounce back and let DC see the year out.
Rumours are going around that the EDFL hierarchy might be stepping in down at Hadfield and giving them an option to go into a merge option for season 2018, with either Districts or Pacco.
no way will the edfl step in it will be up to haddy to decide there future they will go down at the end of the year and people will go and play there when they are in div 2
hadfield made their own bed now its up to them to get out of it
some clubs need to get over thinking there above div 2 its better then no club at all

See haddy sacked the coach

Hardly his fault they were getting flogged every week... Was always going to happen
I agree, poor fella was set up to fail. No wonder they are in the position they are in if they treat people this way. The bloke stuck his neck out to help arguably the most struggling club going around.

Last edited:
Big news coming out of hillside, reigning club & comp b&f parting ways on Monday
Apparently he didn't want to be part of a young club on the rise & he just wanted do things his own way & was a cancer on the group and this has been brewing for sometime with coaching staff wanting this individual removed a long time ago

Big news coming out of hillside, reigning club & comp b&f parting ways on Monday
Apparently he didn't want to be part of a young club on the rise & he just wanted do things his own way & was a cancer on the group and this has been brewing for sometime with coaching staff wanting this individual removed a long time ago
You have not stated facts correctly ,
Player very much wanted to be part of the club and is devastated to have been sacked by the club.
Yes he had some selfish issues and wasn't universally loved by all but he was a really good player for the club.
He has done the wrong thing which big footy readers don't need to know and the club were left with no other choice but to sack him. He was on a contract that had clauses in it which he broke.
The club continues to set standards that are to be met by all at HFC and is not scared to follow them through.
The coaching staff fully suppport the decision of the club.

Player very much wanted to be part of the club and is devastated to have been sacked by the club.
Yes he had some selfish issues and wasn't universally loved by all but he was a really good player for the club.
He has done the wrong thing which big footy readers don't need to know and the club were left with no other choice but to sack him. He was on a contract that had clauses in it which he broke.
The club continues to set standards that are to be met by all at HFC and is not scared to follow them through.
So which player is it...
The comp b&f winner or the club b&f
Because it's either one of the Micallefs or volparto who won the club b&f. Or was it the older Rayner brother who I think won both in the under 19's

To be honest I do not want to state facts as they are not good from what I've heard & by you saying he had selfish issues & wasn't universally liked , isn't that what I was saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which player is it...
The comp b&f winner or the club b&f
Because it's either one of the Micallefs or volparto who won the club b&f. Or was it the older Rayner brother who I think won both in the under 19's
James and Victor were equal comp b&f last year I think.

tulla just flying under the radar nicely notching another good win yesterday and moving into third.

Hillside seem to be off the pace of late and after losing one of their best in micallef, may find it hard to play finals come seasons end

Drifted past Westmeadows yesterday watching the seniors 2nd quarter. Hadfield were genuinely lucky to not lose by 300+ points, it was a sad sight to see the difference between the teams.

Drifted past Westmeadows yesterday watching the seniors 2nd quarter. Hadfield were genuinely lucky to not lose by 300+ points, it was a sad sight to see the difference between the teams.

Unfortunately it looks like half the hadfield seniors team doesn't know how to play football, very loose in the backline and plenty of skill errors. Heard they're pretty injury riddled too which makes things worse.

Atleast they lifted after half time, and could tell westy were disappointed with their second half

This thread has been very disappointing with the amount of activity it has had with such an even and exciting competition.

APW v Hillside

Hillside need to win this to stay in the hunt and with the recent troubles down at the club the last few weeks and loosing there best on baller in Jimmy Micallef has hurt them badly. Their 2nd tier midfielders in Nason and Hayes need to step up to fill that void left or they risk slipping out the 4 if they drop this game. APW by 10points

EK v WM
Very disappointing first half of the year by WM so far and EK starting to find there feet. For some reason I just have this feeling WM are going to come home strong in the 2nd half of the year and can not tick them off just yet. WM by 28pts

Tulla v OP
Big win over the Sharks the other week for the demons as every win is cruicial in this division. You drop one then your back fighting it out with the rest of the pack and geeez footy is a funny game. I am not sold on OP and I think the Demons will give Hoopers men another loss which will well and truly hurt there final 4 aspirations.

Haddy v Roys
The roys cant afford to have there bad kicking boots on this week as they have most other weeks. They need a big win to boost their percentage because that what its going to come down to in the end if they end up dropping a few games in the back half of the year percentage will all count. What will be most disappointing for the Hawks is seeing 5 of their junior 1pt players running around for the arch rival ladder leading Roys.
Roys by 225pts

This thread has been very disappointing with the amount of activity it has had with such an even and exciting competition.

APW v Hillside

Hillside need to win this to stay in the hunt and with the recent troubles down at the club the last few weeks and loosing there best on baller in Jimmy Micallef has hurt them badly. Their 2nd tier midfielders in Nason and Hayes need to step up to fill that void left or they risk slipping out the 4 if they drop this game. APW by 10points

EK v WM
Very disappointing first half of the year by WM so far and EK starting to find there feet. For some reason I just have this feeling WM are going to come home strong in the 2nd half of the year and can not tick them off just yet. WM by 28pts

Tulla v OP
Big win over the Sharks the other week for the demons as every win is cruicial in this division. You drop one then your back fighting it out with the rest of the pack and geeez footy is a funny game. I am not sold on OP and I think the Demons will give Hoopers men another loss which will well and truly hurt there final 4 aspirations.

Haddy v Roys
The roys cant afford to have there bad kicking boots on this week as they have most other weeks. They need a big win to boost their percentage because that what its going to come down to in the end if they end up dropping a few games in the back half of the year percentage will all count. What will be most disappointing for the Hawks is seeing 5 of their junior 1pt players running around for the arch rival ladder leading Roys.
Roys by 225pts
Of what I've seen of the sharks midfield they are very good when it's on their terms but when there is a little bit of pressure and they have to do a bit of 2 way running they are a rabble , Burns should have a good look out whose coaching these blokes if his putting trust into his line coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back