Autopsy Rd 10 Comeback aborted - Blues go down by 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we miss Sam Rowe at all?I think not.
Watching the first quarter & a half yesterday & even the last quarter demonstrated how much we missed Rowe. The North forwards had too many easy 1 on 1 contests because Rowe wasn't there to go third man up with the big spoil. There was also a lack of direction from the defenders. Rowe plays a big part in setting up the defensive structures.

Ok, I am now lost.

You asked why we seem to hate Norf, I gave you some possible reasons, all of which you dismissed out of hand as petty and unlikely to effect us.

I then pointed out it was no different to any other team in the league.

If you do not want us to hate them, it stands to reason you would prefer us to like them, I merely enquired why that was important to you.

So basically, you gave some vague answers that I can't see being substantial enough to generate hate. I can see why supporters don't like Essendon, or St Kilda or Collingwood, but this one's lost on me.

The last point is weird. You don't have to like or hate anything, and if I ask why you hate something that doesn't mean that by association I think you should like it. At it's crux it's neurotic.

What's with the weird animosity towards North?

Basically our neighbour town, play a good brand of footy, supporters aren't floggish and have gone about their list replenishment in the right way. Would love Mason Wood and Ben Brown running around in our forwardline.

Strange, insecure behaviour.
I'm not sure what you are looking for. North, like the other 16 teams in the competition, are irrelevant. Carlton is our team. The rest are just....the rest.

So basically, you gave some vague answers that I can't see being substantial enough to generate hate. I can see why supporters don't like Essendon, or St Kilda or Collingwood, but this one's lost on me.

The last point is weird. You don't have to like or hate anything, and if I ask why you hate something that doesn't mean that by association I think you should like it. At it's crux it's neurotic.
What reasons do you consider the hate for Pies and Saints worthy?

I can agree with *, no need to explain that one. They have almost ruined the game of football with their crap over the last 5 years.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. North, like the other 16 teams in the competition, are irrelevant. Carlton is our team. The rest are just....the rest.

Trying to get some clarification as to some of the extreme reactions against a pretty middling team we've got no current rivalry with.

I guess living vicariously through your football team is a pretty universal thing.

What reasons do you consider the hate for Pies and Saints worthy?

I can agree with *, no need to explain that one. They have almost ruined the game of football with their crap over the last 5 years.

I don't hate the Pies, but we've had some big encounters even over the past decade and a bit. Biggest rivalry in footy.

Saints you've now got the Murphy incident, Montagna incident, rabid Saints fans on Bigfooty still venting. They've never been a likeable club and plenty of dodgy boganish s**t concocted by their players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy turns up when we look like losing. First post is an innocent enquiry into SPS knowing full well he hasn't seen it.

Pots Jack every post, talks about his relationship with his mum Jo.

He's not one of us.
So a bit like Norf, struggling for relevance and needing handouts to survive?

Williamson a bit unlucky with the one hander.
That one hander was done with the same sort of casual attitude that Walker pulled in that one hander last year in round 1 against Bitchmond...

Deserved to be mark of the week for us!

Do we miss Sam Rowe at all?I think not.
McCreadie will get another 2-3 weeks until Jones is fit again and then we'll bring Jones in to try out for the gorilla defender role and let Harry go back to the VFL and continue developing with JGM :)

Coaches' Votes...

CARLTON v NORTH MELBOURNE

10 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
7 Shaun Higgins (NM)
7 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
3 Patrick Cripps (Carl)
3 Jack Ziebell (NM)

Looks about right IMO.

Who said you do? Our present-day relationship with them is as moribund as any. I guess that's why people like to invent reasons to dislike them, much like St Kilda supporters dislike us.
Got to say that the saints supporters hate everything..........bitter and twisted lot, and they boo all night no matter what!!! when they beat gws they had the umps in their pocket and got 12 more frees and still booed the umps...........too long between flags I would think!!!

Basically our neighbour town, play a good brand of footy, supporters aren't floggish and have gone about their list replenishment in the right way. Would love Mason Wood and Ben Brown running around in our forwardline.

Their cheer squad has a reputation for being flogs though...............foul mouthed lot apparently and a touch racist......read something about them earlier this year I think it was..................

Interesting question. I don't think any of us 'hate' North.

In their case it's more indifference, and that's far more insulting than being hated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back