List Mgmt. Priddis Signs On Again

Remove this Banner Ad

"We were always making sure, first and foremost, that the body was feeling good," Priddis said of his contract extension.

Didn't somebody post just last week that Priddis is having some injury concerns with his back and his form has slumped as a result? The game against GCS was one of his worst games for the year.

Being a veteran most of his contract won't be included in the salary cap I would imagine so getting McGovern or Matera or a quality player in a trade won't be affected... so not to fussed about it all.

But it's surprising

Came here to vent about Rioli..... Now just real flat and confused.

Also means that they're unlikely to have any real "positive" news like DV signing an extension.

It’s all happening

dadarmy-1024x597.gif

so we could have made a statement and moved him on. show the footy world we mean business..

This is like giving Mackenzie a contract extension a week after he gets 10 goals kicked on him. Actually I shouldn't joke about that, it'll probably happen at some point

I was hoping that our poor form leading into the bye would prompt a bit of serious introspection within the club as they addressed where they were at and how they should move forward

Hoped that the bye may have come at a good time and we'd see some positive changes after the break

This announcement has squashed those hopes as it's an indication that they think they're on the right path.

We are the slowest midfield in the league and we've just extended the career of our slowest mid who was never going to be a serious threat to leave in the midst of his biggest form slump

On top of that it took three days to assess a hamstring injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way the list management guys could hope to get a pass out of doing this now is if they low balled him on a contract they thought he'd never take saying 'this is what you can have now or we'll see how things are at the end of the season'.

I doubt that is what did happen but I'm struggling otherwise to think of why they would do it now.

Like one of those scary dreams you keep having ..seriously this teams going nowhere..
Upside, Simmos signed off on his departure date.

I'll be honest. If Priddis, Lecras, Mitchell and Butler are still on our list and getting games next year I'm going to take a break for a while. I've already lost a lot of interest in the sport in general and if there is no list movement then whats the point.

This news is seriously depressing. Shows that Priddis is selfish and cares more about himself than the team.

That 2015 brownlow has us suffering for at least 18 more months... It also brings the realisation that our list management has no idea what the problem with our team is. Heads should roll for this crap.

But if Priddis had honest folk around him he'd be wanting to exit with dignity.

This is the way I see it.

Priddis has got everything from his body and achieved alot for himself and the club. He can leave as a highly respected player.

He is on the downward turn of his footy career, another year could have him leaving the game in not the best way.

You need to know when to hang up the boots, you need honest mates to tell you the truth.

Leave with dignity.

I just don't understand this. If there is any logic, someone please enlighten me because I'm struggling here! The decision. But also the timing. Why now?

Matt has had an amazing career which deserves to be recognised and celebrated. This decision ends that. He will finish next season either in the WAFL or still taking up a spot in the senior team. And I think by that time, many of the "believers" will have seen reality. It makes me angry watching him now. And that is sad because I don't want to feel anger or frustration watching our team or even towards an individual. But seeing him try to apply pressure, tackle, be a part of the spread, basic disposal etc is just so frustrating. He is trying his absolute best and giving his all but it is no longer enough. The game just keeps getting faster...

This has the potential to be disastrous (if not already). So disappointed right now :(

I was hoping that our poor form leading into the bye would prompt a bit of serious introspection within the club as they addressed where they were at and how they should move forward

Hoped that the bye may have come at a good time and we'd see some positive changes after the break

This announcement has squashed those hopes as it's an indication that they think they're on the right path.

We are the slowest midfield in the league and we've just extended the career of our slowest mid who was never going to be a serious threat to leave in the midst of his biggest form slump

On top of that it took three days to assess a hamstring injury

Think this will be the club's response to you Keys

tumblr_nm1fw22BKk1ql2w65o6_400.gif

The club has well and truly lost the plot, we're basically throwing away the chance to re-tool and have a quick rebound for the last few years of Kennedy and Nic Nat's career. I think we'll just mire in the realms of mediocrity for the next 5 years now, those inside the club just don't have the self-awareness to identify what needs to improve to take the next step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back