Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Any decent forward that can run can dominate midfield with VFL teams like Coburg and Ballarat. Put Hurls in the VFL mid and he'd dominate. Do we make him a mid? All decent half forwards would.

We need a third tallish forward and Langford is it

Any decent forward that can run can dominate midfield with VFL teams like Coburg and Ballarat. Put Hurls in the VFL mid and he'd dominate. Do we make him a mid? All decent half forwards would.

We need a third tallish forward and Langford is it

What a ridiculous comparison. 1 is a 20 year old 3rd year player, and the other is a AA quality full back 10 years into his career.

I'm actually so confused at how you can make that comparison

What a ridiculous comparison. 1 is a 20 year old 3rd year player, and the other is a AA quality full back 10 years into his career.

I'm actually so confused at how you can make that comparison

No it's the argument of someone plays well in VFL mid they may have a different role in the seniors. I also said most decent half forwards (which includes other 20 year olds) could also play well in the VFL mid. Not comparing Hurls with Langford.

Small forward is a hard role to play,especially if you play three small forwards - Rare that you get all three small forwards playing well in one game, so one or two may be excellent,while the third one struggles to have an impact - Tippa last two weeks have been quieter with little impact, but even the best players like Dangerfield and Martin have had 2 or 3 quiet type games in 2017.

He got going in that last quarter. Plus I don't think you can be too upset with the goals from our 3 small forwards as a combination.
Tippa 2, Fanta 2 and Green 3. I think most teams would be satisfied with that.

I do kind of wonder if he has a very minor physical ailment because I reckon he's not quite running as fast as normal - hence not quite getting there for those game changing tackles that he was regularly making a few weeks ago.

Anyway its only a week before the bye and he's still contributing. He'll be fine.

He got going in that last quarter. Plus I don't think you can be too upset with the goals from our 3 small forwards as a combination.
Tippa 2, Fanta 2 and Green 3. I think most teams would be satisfied with that.

I do kind of wonder if he has a very minor physical ailment because I reckon he's not quite running as fast as normal - hence not quite getting there for those game changing tackles that he was regularly making a few weeks ago.

Anyway its only a week before the bye and he's still contributing. He'll be fine.

Agree with this

He has set such a high bar for himself as a small forward that we expect that every week. Maybe those early games were above par for he and these last couple of weeks are the norm (which id be ok with ).

As long as he impacts the scoreboard, im happy with his impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly took mark of the year tonight.
Didn't even know he had a hanger in him.

o6QFKFR.jpg

So, I come in here today and there are just two new posts about this guy after a great game. I guess that's a sign of the consistency of his performances these days (even though he had a couple of quiet weeks) that his great games are almost just expected now.

I want to say he looks so comfortable kicking on his non-preferred, but I think that would be an insult, as he looks completely ambidextrous.

I don't even know which his non-preferred is. He's even more dual-footed than Hurley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back