Preview Round 13 2017 Swans vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if we made 2 or 3 changes. But I suspect Marsh for Gaz is likely...depending on why exactly he was dropped in the first place.

I could've gone on but feared outstaying my welcome :p
Never, play on. Will the #lolnorth ever know about it? That would be a travesty.

Not that it would have made any difference to the season but if he kicks to bud we win the game. I still for the life of me cant understand his decision. Anyway he'll kick the winner on saturday and all will be forgiven as this is a more important game.

It is hard to say what would have happened.

If Towers kicks it to Franklin. There was a still a bit of time left. Then Franklin probably kicks down the line.

Then in the last minutes of the Hawthorn game we try a short kick to Mitchell on the boundary line instead of kicking long. Hawthorn spoil it over the boundary, win the stoppage and quickly clear it upfield for a goal.

Swans to make the eight.
Bud will flog Rance bagging at least six.
Tippett could be a major factor if selected.
Rohan if fit a must.

It is hard to say what would have happened.

If Towers kicks it to Franklin. There was a still a bit of time left. Then Franklin probably kicks down the line.

Then in the last minutes of the Hawthorn game we try a short kick to Mitchell on the boundary line instead of kicking long. Hawthorn spoil it over the boundary, win the stoppage and quickly clear it upfield for a goal.
Not that i care now, but the difference was franklin was by himself, takes an uncontested mark and milks the clock before kicking it 60 metres. The towers to mitchell scenario ended up being a contested situation because in my opinion mitchell stuffed it by not attacking the mark hard enough.

Anyway like i said in my original post as far as the season went it cost us nothing as we finished top anyway.

The Richmond loss last year wasn't critical. The more interesting narrative in 2016 was our inability to control the ball late in qtrs...especially in 4th quarters. The Richmond game was only one of a number of late quarter fades that year.

What I want:

Out: Marsh, Jack
In: Dawson, Florent

but what I think will happen is:

Out: Marsh
In. Rohan

Jack had more impact in one game than Florent would in 3.

Buddy should be taking 2 defenders, including Rance, so that should give plenty of opportunity to Reid to kick a bag.
I expect Tippett will be be brought back in for Sinclair.
Nankervis will have a lot on his mind to prove to the Sydney retention committee. The good news is that players usually have a below average game first time back against their old club.
Rohan has been our of sorts but his pace would be valuable again Richmond. Likewise i'd like to see Aliir back in
I hope not. Sinclair offers more at this point, and was good last week. Also Buddy at CHF and Reid at FF seemed to work well structurally. Don't need Tippett floating up and down, getting in the way.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack had more impact in one game than Florent has in 3.

Horse had a lot of praise for young Florent pregame. But it seems pretty clear he's not best 22 currently.

Haven't read too much about Kizza's game. I thought he was very competitive vs the dogs. Great to see.

What I want:
Out: Marsh, Jack
In: Dawson, Florent
but what I think will happen is:
Out: Marsh
In. Rohan
Florent would be cooked by half time. Promising young player, but hasn't developed the tank yet.

Agree there is a case for bringing in the speedy Rohan against Richmond. Which is tough on Harry Marsh, but he'll be back.

Does anyone know what kept Gaz out? Sounded like it was just a cold or something?

Florent will an absolute gun. Next year.

In the NEAFL, i can't remember us having a player who looks so smooth and composed, makes good decisions, gets to the right place etc...

But put him in the seniors, and he can't get to the right spot at the right time, his space gets closed down, and he gets jostled off balance and just isn't effective. He needs another pre-season.

Kid has all the tools and ability in the world, but he's just not built for senior footy yet. #norush

The Richmond loss last year wasn't critical. The more interesting narrative in 2016 was our inability to control the ball late in qtrs...especially in 4th quarters. The Richmond game was only one of a number of late quarter fades that year.
The trend continues this year.

It feels as though all our wins are total dominations.

When it's close we have a really hard time icing the game. Not sure if it's mental or poor coaching or both, but it's a huge deficiency, in close games I have no belief in our team to get it done.

Every time we play this mob, there are certain individuals who regularly and consistently put us on the back foot. Fast decision making, unpredictable, often confusing but we never seem to have an answer to their strategy.

They float forward, or hang back or control the middle, but they are most dangerous, almost unstoppable in our defensive 50.

Hard to prepare for them pre-game but they're crucial.

Umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back