Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Not sure Glenorchy had that many out last week against Launceston, something not going right out there, you don't lose 4 in a row(3 at a home) and one by 70 points if everything is nice and rosey, I see they have dropped Mitch Rainbird this week and his family have taken to Facebook to have a bit of a whinge about it, interesting times.
Yep. I know they lost quite a few over the summer. Im told they now have little depth, so to lose a few more must drain them even more.
It'd cause stress & strains anywhere.
Anyway, we'll see.

Why should they?

Just the depth of good players all those other states have that are funnelled into one league. Their funding attracts better players, coaches, training facilities, fitness personnel. They play against AFL opposition on a regular basis. Did I miss anything?
I'm saying the odds are we'll get beaten. That doesn't say we will. Its never a foregone conclusion.

Just the depth of good players all those other states have that are funnelled into one league. Their funding attracts better players, coaches, training facilities, fitness personnel. They play against AFL opposition on a regular basis. Did I miss anything?
I'm saying the odds are we'll get beaten. That doesn't say we will. Its never a foregone conclusion.

Defeatist attitude, we have beaten them before and can do it again, seem to be doing it the right way this time too picking the squad on form and not reputation, I noticed some of the Tigers personnel having a whinge about Marcus Davies not be selected, calling him THE FORM player of the competion, reality is he has made one TSL team of the week and polled votes in one game in the RACT player of the year award.

Last edited:
Defeatist attitude, we have beaten them before and can do it again, seem to be doing it the right way this time too picking the squad on form and not reputation, I noticed some of the Tigers personnel having a whinge about Marcus Davies not be selected, calling him THE FORM player of the competion, reality is he has made one TSL team of the week and polled votes in one game in the RACT player of the year award.
Marcus Davies should never have been included in the initial squad of 40 or so. Has done SFA this season. Brady Jones on the other hand is probably the stiffest of the lot to miss out. He would be one of the first picked by many TSL coaches. I suppose after Windy had his big whine about not enough Lauderdale players in it, someone had to miss out for Thor Boscott who had not been consistent enough to make the first cut.

Realist I would have said.

Marcus Davies should never have been included in the initial squad of 40 or so. Has done SFA this season. Brady Jones on the other hand is probably the stiffest of the lot to miss out. He would be one of the first picked by many TSL coaches. I suppose after Windy had his big whine about not enough Lauderdale players in it, someone had to miss out for Thor Boscott who had not been consistent enough to make the first cut.

Boscott might have been a good inclusion as an 'enforcer'.

Brady Jones wasn't stiff, he has also made just one team of the week and his own club have only put him in the best players twice, he is exactly the type of player that would be getting picked on reputation and not form if he were to be selected.

Well the form team of the competition should probably have a few in wouldn't you say? The first cut was picked after about 4 matches, Lauderdale had a bye in one of them, Considering he had missed just about all of last season and had a slow start, Thor has been outstanding since and easily deserved his spot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We went over to Boot park. A really excellent footy day. Poor crowd. 1500 I'd say. It was Bright & sunny. Obviously cool, the ground was in perfect condition. The Tas v Neafl result was as expected. Tassie worked hard but kicking skills weren't up to it. We were surprised how close Tassie kept it. At times Tassie scrambled hard to keep Neafl out. The skill difference was obvious. One side hit targets repeatedly, the other didn't. At times Neafl looked a 10 goal better side but couldn't finish things off. I thought Lockhart, McKenna & Arnold down back, Duff & McCulloch did ok as the bigmen. Bowden nearly took a screamer up front but overall didnt have much up forward. ExTassie lad Joseph was excellent across half back.
Anyway with a club salary cap of 250k & playing against GWS, Swans, Lions & Suns players, the Neafl have a huge advantage.. TSL salary cap is 100k & too many substandard teams & hard to recruit much. So many more good players just play local footy as they get more $$ with less effort.

We went over to Boot park. A really excellent footy day. Poor crowd. 1500 I'd say. It was Bright & sunny. Obviously cool, the ground was in perfect condition. The Tas v Neafl result was as expected. Tassie worked hard but kicking skills weren't up to it. We were surprised how close Tassie kept it. At times Tassie scrambled hard to keep Neafl out. The skill difference was obvious. One side hit targets repeatedly, the other didn't. At times Neafl looked a 10 goal better side but couldn't finish things off. I thought Lockhart, McKenna & Arnold down back, Duff & McCulloch did ok as the bigmen. Bowden nearly took a screamer up front but overall didnt have much up forward. ExTassie lad Joseph was excellent across half back.
Anyway with a club salary cap of 250k & playing against GWS, Swans, Lions & Suns players, the Neafl have a huge advantage.. TSL salary cap is 100k & too many substandard teams & hard to recruit much. So many more good players just play local footy as they get more $$ with less effort.

Result was as expected? You said they should get "belted"

Result was as expected? You said they should get "belted"

You dont give up do you. You criticise me & I was only being realistic. They had very little chance of winning. Tassie battled but were inferior in skills & given the flow of the game Neafl should have won by much more. As it was they were in control of the game by half time & never really looked like losing after that.
I think they call it being 'flattered' by the score board.

You dont give up do you. You criticise me & I was only being realistic. They had very little chance of winning. Tassie battled but were inferior in skills & given the flow of the game Neafl should have won by much more. As it was they were in control of the game by half time & never really looked like losing after that.
I think they call it being 'flattered' by the score board.

Your such a negative naysayer, how about giving the players who represented our state a bit of praise, after all you listed a million reasons why they would get "belted" before the match, to then get within 3 goals and be in the contest up until the last few mintutes is a top effort. The chip on your shoulder for Tassie football is as big as a mountain, would it hurt to smile once in a while?

Your such a negative naysayer, how about giving the players who represented our state a bit of praise, after all you listed a million reasons why they would get "belted" before the match, to then get within 3 goals and be in the contest up until the last few mintutes is a top effort. The chip on your shoulder for Tassie football is as big as a mountain, would it hurt to smile once in a while?

You can butter it up however you like.
I was trying to be realistic. I said they they battled hard & scrambled in defence. To not get belted by 10 goals was a credit given the way Neafl moved the ball & kicked to targets. Losing by 3 goals when they only kicked 5 in the match, is not really all that close.
If being realistic means Ive got a chip on my shoulder, then you must be on a mountain of happy pills.
Heart & passion is important, but they were still outclassed.

I didnt even know it was on or where it was on.

Talk of Tassie top end talent gaining more interstate exposure seems to be gathering momentum. Will be interesting to see how this ends up and where it leads to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back