Analysis Emotionally checked out (extended 2017 edition)

Have you checked out?

• YES

Votes: 170 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 71 23.7%
  • tl;dr wang you are a knob !!

Votes: 59 19.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched behind glass on Saturday sinking schooners.
As the Swans comeback began, I just watched with very little emotion. I knew what was going to unfold. Couldn't even get angry about the umpires or Lloyd's turnovers or kicking to Rioli three times one out with two Swans blokes on him.
I guess that makes me #eco.
You weren't standing near me were you haha! That's what I did!

Late in the first when we thought we were the harlem globetrotters is when I started to disbelieve.
I turned to my mate and said we will end up only scraping a win by five points,then we lost.

Globetrotters have never lost have they? :(

You're getting us confused with the Washington Generals....

Probably. Will be doing the same this week too.
I think we play better when I go and sit outside!
I had a bloke who used to be a Fitzroy supporter standing near us. All day.. Gary Wilson was he number 29? Yes mate.
Warwick Irwin was he number 7? Yep
Hey I'm pretty good hey?? Jimmy Jess was he 20?
Yep...
Rod Ashman 14? Yep
This went on all day no bullshit haha.

I think we play better when I go and sit outside!
I had a bloke who used to be a Fitzroy supporter standing near us. All day.. Gary Wilson was he number 29? Yes mate.
Warwick Irwin was he number 7? Yep
Hey I'm pretty good hey?? Jimmy Jess was he 20?
Yep...
Rod Ashman 14? Yep
This went on all day no bullshit haha.
Some people don't realise that they are as annoying as *. I used to have a reserved seat and the bloke behind me would bag Rance all day. This was only two years ago too. After that I moved to 3121 where you can move around.
We should have a beer at halftime or something. We'll be six goals up but we can laugh at how we will lose by a goal.

Some people don't realise that they are as annoying as ****. I used to have a reserved seat and the bloke behind me would bag Rance all day. This was only two years ago too. After that I moved to 3121 where you can move around.
We should have a beer at halftime or something. We'll be six goals up but we can laugh at how we will lose by a goal.
Yeah no drama. I'll be in there.
I think rfctiger74 was trying to organize a few pre game too so should be a decent day.

Yeah no drama. I'll be in there.
I think rfctiger74 was trying to organize a few pre game too so should be a decent day.
I have the Monday off too. Might not be able to make it to the pre-match, but will be around in the middle room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th loss in 6 games where defeat was snatched from the hands of victory. Take the yellow and black tinted glassess off, it will help you see more clearly.
You know what helps me, being able to switch off because in the end im not the one who can get delisted, im not the one who can have regrets in 20 years so to me there is no point in concerning myself with s**t i cant control, easier to be positive and enjoy football which i do through my wonderful black and yellow tinted glasses.

You know what helps me, being able to switch off because in the end im not the one who can get delisted, im not the one who can have regrets in 20 years so to me there is no point in concerning myself with s**t i cant control, easier to be positive and enjoy football which i do through my wonderful black and yellow tinted glasses.
You have just described delusion. If you had of said I know Richmond is s**t but I don't care, then you would have described #eco.

It's quite perplexing that the sookiest people on this board proclaim how #eco they are.

Get angry. Get upset. You might not show it, but we all sure as hell feel it. Just don't pretend you don't care - that's just lying to yourself.

If you don't care so much why you come in here and care as to what we have to say?

I'm not ECO, I'm ELI - Emotionally less invested.

Haven't been to a game since pre-season and haven't watched 3 games already this season, unusual for me.

Some of our losses this season would've shaken me up in some seasons like '13, '15 and '16, but I've found it easy to instantly accept it and move on.

3 factors:

- I'm used to the 'Richmond way'
- I wasn't expecting us to do as well as we have so far, I thought our win:loss ratio would be equal or worse.
- I'd often have the extra motivation because I'd cream myself every time Lids got the footy and did something silky, I don't think any of our current players really have that silky silk silkness on such a consistent basis. Really hope his and Kate's new baby is a boy.

When it comes to Richmond, laughter is the only medicine.
According to some I'm bitter - couldn't be further from it - I just laugh at our ability to always stuff things up and never learn from the past.
And of course where I was once disillusioned with our coach, I actually just laugh.
It's like a bad dream but I know eventually I have to wake up. I don't think he even believes the nonsense he talks now, like Vlastuin a key forward :D:D:D:D

Thats micro managing mate

A lot of us are encompassing 35 years of BS as a whole ... that always leads to the same endeth

You lost m8 :p

Okay, been thinking about this, am i allowed to be #eci for two quarters, and then #eco for 2 quarters? Or is it an all in kinda thing?

When it comes to Richmond, laughter is the only medicine.
According to some I'm bitter - couldn't be further from it - I just laugh at our ability to always stuff things up and never learn from the past.
And of course where I was once disillusioned with our coach, I actually just laugh.
It's like a bad dream but I know eventually I have to wake up. I don't think he even believes the nonsense he talks now, like Vlastuin a key forward :D:D:D:D
You think your laughing but Are really crying on the inside , it's like smoking a drive right. Up the alley of a short par 4 , blade the chip into a greenside bunker only to chip out carrying the green to a bunker on the other side , the only ones laughing are your playing partners

Back