Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: When do you need this done by?

Boss: #norush.

It's a sign.
Speaking from experience "no rush" actually means "asap"... That or it was a subtle indicator they are tracking your online activity & are concerned about the amount of activity on BF....

Okay, I'll hypothesise and suggest that he won't play in the firsts this year. When a player comes back from, say, six months off with a broken leg it's not uncommon for them to then suffer further time off with soft tissue injuries like hamstring, quad, calf and groin strains and tears. This is often because enthusiasm overrides good management and the player suffers accordingly.

I'd suggest that Bedford is bang on the money in this case and that the Swans will be ultra cautious and only very very gradually increase the workload on the lad. He's been out of the game for five years. I'd expect him only to play limited game time in the seconds by the end of this season. Then build in the off season, start in the seconds next season then gradually introduce him to the firsts if all goes well. Any problems, any at all, will force them to re-evaluate during that process and possibly push things back if needed.
Thank you for your common sense post. We all want the best for the great man.

Okay, I'll hypothesise and suggest that he won't play in the firsts this year. When a player comes back from, say, six months off with a broken leg it's not uncommon for them to then suffer further time off with soft tissue injuries like hamstring, quad, calf and groin strains and tears. This is often because enthusiasm overrides good management and the player suffers accordingly.

I'd suggest that Bedford is bang on the money in this case and that the Swans will be ultra cautious and only very very gradually increase the workload on the lad. He's been out of the game for five years. I'd expect him only to play limited game time in the seconds by the end of this season. Then build in the off season, start in the seconds next season then gradually introduce him to the firsts if all goes well. Any problems, any at all, will force them to re-evaluate during that process and possibly push things back if needed.

Thank you for your common sense post. We all want the best for the great man.

Thank you DavyRed clear, concise and realistic assessment. I have a much clearer understanding of AJ's current status and the long road he has still to tread to return to AFL, and the pitfalls he faces along the way.

Thank you Bedford for continued updates on his progress along the way.

I will continue to monitor the thread and try to possess myself in patience.

#NoRush

So AJ completed a full session in Melbourne on Saturday morning, which I presume was designed to be a match simulation given that he performed it with McVeigh who is pushing to be selected this week. According to Tom Harley.
He had outrun McHack but was lucky not to trip over the old mans finger...all good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one was actually expecting him to play seniors right? Three or four reserves games and staying healthy to have a full pre-season would be amazing.
There were quite a few hoping he would play again this year.

My thoughts remain that he wont play afl again

There were quite a few hoping he would play again this year.

My thoughts remain that he wont play afl again

Hoping and expecting are very different things though. And while I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play again, I reckon the Swans will give him every chance to. How old is he? Still has a future with the team if he can make it back.

Can we at least TRY to keep this thread silent except for genuine discussion? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back